The Strangely Beautiful Music Thread

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Welcome to Uncle Huggy's Strangely Beautiful Music Tread, where I'll be spanning the globe to bring you the strange, the bizarre, the beautiful, (and sometimes) the downright unlistenable, of unique and (at times) questionable music from the ends of the earth, right here at home, and at least once ..... the far reaches of the galaxy.

So without further ado, let's start out simple.

A brother & sister duo that must have had REALLY had too much time on their hands growing up together.

....... you see what I did there? :D

This cat not only makes makes his guitar sound like a sitar using *ONLY* his finger technique, but also fuses Jazz & Funk into his game. (.. and the bass man is no slouch either.)

Now to Russia ...... ah yes Russia ... there's a lot to work with here.

The Siberian Wilderness Sound / Jews Harp Shaman Lady ......hey I don't make this stuff up.

.... to Vitas ...... who I actually think is from another Galaxy.

Last edited:
Here at home (in Grandpa's dusty ol' garage) we have innovated great instruments such as the the Bellowphone.

For now I'll leave you with Gaelynn Lea.

I must admit I was taken back at first, the voice, the loose rhythm, the view of someone fighting through disabilities to create art. Then I locked into the musicality of it, and the passion in the composition, lastly the violin solo at the end struck me as somewhat Hendrix-like in a strange way.

Strangely beautiful.

From Japan, where evidently you can be a virtuoso hand whistler ........ you know, that thing you used to do back in middle school to make the Good, The Bad & The Ugly sound.

We have Mongolia and their famed throat singers .... how about a throat singing band that plays their instruments with the discipline of jazz big band. (I strongly suggest you turn up the volume on this one)

How the heck do they do that weird synthesizer sound with their voice is beyond me.

Last edited:
Strangely Beautiful Music is not a new innovation, it has been around for a long time. Alvino Rey, one of the pioneers of this genre, pushed the envelope with his "Talking Steel Guitar".

Back