The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

So I'm looking into getting a ZM but I was just wondering what pups you guys have used in yours? I want something that can sound like a traditional LP with nice cleans but can still get a good rock/blues sound with some gain. Preferably something medium output. I'm not opposed to keeping the stock 245s if they get the right sound but I've never been impressed by them in the SE 245s and the Tremonti Customs that I've played. Any suggestions?

So I'm looking into getting a ZM but I was just wondering what pups you guys have used in yours? I want something that can sound like a traditional LP with nice cleans but can still get a good rock/blues sound with some gain. Preferably something medium output. I'm not opposed to keeping the stock 245s if they get the right sound but I've never been impressed by them in the SE 245s and the Tremonti Customs that I've played. Any suggestions?

I'm also on this quest. Didn't reallly like the neck pickup. The bridge is ok, bu well...

I'm thinking about the SD Jazz for the neck and A2Pro for the bridge.

I like the Dimarzio 36 on the neck of my ZM.... the bridge 36 wasn´t a big upgrade against the stock one (wich is very good IMO)

I'll keep sayin' it: I like my SE ZM in spalted maple, but any of the other colors/finishes are very worthy contenders too!

I put this in my own thread about my new ZM but I think this goes here too.

guitar%201%20of%201_zps73ws2wbg.jpg

Doomdoc, Before you change anything else, you should always upgrade the volume control. I like to use the RS Guitarworks Superpot. Dark pickups become brighter immediately. It`s always my third mod on an SE.

I put this in my own thread about my new ZM but I think this goes here too.

QUOTE]

you won the internet... very nice how the girls skin appears to show trought the f hole on that pic

I'd like to thank the academy...

Thank you. I noticed that after I got through editing. Figured it would have gone unnoticed by the general population.

That's one fine instrument though. Oh and I'm super happy with the guitar too!

This will be my next guitar

yes!! i notice a lot of love for the trampas green ZM guitar. after GASsing for a couple of months, i've finally pulled the trigger.

but i've followed - for once - followed my wallet and bought a b-stock from thomann in vintage sunburst. i really love the trampas green but i've already got a prs se custom 24 with floyd and a quilt top in trampas green coming in. and i was afraid it was going to be overkill (and i like different colours and finishes on my guitars)

just hope i don't cave in, send it back to have the blue/green one. i really want to like the brown one and not only because it was much cheaper.

anyway, awaiting the arrival of the ups man on monday... it's gonna be a very long weekend...

I've noticed the shade of the Trampas Green seems to differ. I went to a music store and almost didn't recognize the ZM on the wall because it seemed to be much lighter shade than mine. Or maybe it's just my imagination. Has anyone else noticed this?

When I bought my Zach, I thought the SE pups were okay, but I had a set of Burstbuckers lying around the house, soo... anyway, with the BBs it sounds so awesome I sold my Les Paul! ;)

Zach1.jpg

The tones with the Burstbuckers are pure classic rock... and I love the look with covered pickups in this guitar...

the wife is out of the house for 2 days so i put up everything in our living room for some jamming.

DSCF0162_zps5kb2d987.jpg

Back