The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

10805824_758117434275209_1185297893376836892_n.jpg
10703860_758117427608543_5988065196240462583_n.jpg

Wow! Whatcha got going on there? Love the covers, they look great with trampus green.

For those of you that replaced your stock pickups with covered pickups, did you have to replace the rings as well? I was thinking about a set of covered G '57's in my ZM.

For those of you that replaced your stock pickups with covered pickups, did you have to replace the rings as well? I was thinking about a set of covered G '57's in my ZM.

Replacing the pickup rings will be a matter of choice and the stock ones will work well with the metal covers.

Good luck with it. It sounds like a great plan and Gibson '57s with the '57 Classic Plus bridge pickup are great pickups, needless to say.

This plan should work out really well and be remarkable sounding. According to many, those are some of the nicest pickups made and well worth the cost. Good luck.

I can't remember exactly, but you may need to order a Gibson set of pickup height adjustment screws. I believe this is the case, but I'd check on it.

Last edited:
Great thread. It finally got to me and this arrived yesterday:

LkLgirS.jpg

Last edited:
Replacing the pickup rings will be a matter of choice and the stock ones will work well with the metal covers.

Good luck with it. It sounds like a great plan and Gibson '57s with the '57 Classic Plus bridge pickup are great pickups, needless to say.

This plan should work out really well and be remarkable sounding. According to many, those are some of the nicest pickups made and well worth the cost. Good luck.

I can't remember exactly, but you may need to order a Gibson set of pickup height adjustment screws. I believe this is the case, but I'd check on it.
Thanks! I had a bid in on a set on on Ebay, and lost out, but am still looking into it. The stock pickups really are not bad, and good enough for a hack such as myself, but I am a tinkerer at heart!

FINALLY joined the club. Apologies for the sub-par pictures. For the life of me could not find any good lighting in the house so did the best I could. Going to mod this guitar some as well. I currently have core tone and volume pots as well as Tremonti pickups to be put it along with a core nut. The last thing I will do is add the core locking tuners to it, but not for 6-8 months, The rest I'm doing in the next couple weeks.

I absolutely LOVE this guitar. I don't think I've ever liked a guitar this much. The neck is perfect, the finish on this one is particularly nice. I now see why everyone was raving about theirs!

Only small thing is the way the nut is cut when you first get it. I totally let it slip my mind that it's not cut for .11s as you can see! :) So I'll be sure to rectify that on the core nut.
WP_20150213_14_41_54_Pro_zpsb18cab5b.jpg

WP_20150213_14_41_28_Pro_zpsf30ed1d4.jpg

WP_20150213_14_40_49_Pro_zps1bd70e2f.jpg

That is an especially nice top you got there. I have seen a WIDE degree of variance on these tops, almost more than other SE models and I am not sure why. Enjoy the new guitar. I love mine and have got great use out of it.

Wow! Whatcha got going on there? Love the covers, they look great with trampus green.
Those are Vintage Vibe HS90 pickups by Pete Biltoft, with abalone veneer tops. The neck pickup has rod magnets, think like a big fat Strat pickup, the bridge pickup is a conventional P90 in a humbucker size. They sound great, but actually I since re installed the original pickups.

That is an especially nice top you got there. I have seen a WIDE degree of variance on these tops, almost more than other SE models and I am not sure why. Enjoy the new guitar. I love mine and have got great use out of it.

That's what I was thinking the second I saw it. I had noticed a lot of sometimes "weak" finishes to reaaally good ones. It was hard to find good lighting in my house but in person the finish looks even more noticeable.

Yes please! Photos and story. I have 57/08's in my HB II and know they must sound great in a ZM!

I was at on of Paul's seminars in Chicago and he had two sets of 57/08s and he asked me, Do you want them? I said sure! How much? He smiled and said, I'm giving them to you!

Beautiful ZM and Mesa combo!
Meesa love PRS and Mesa Boogie together.

3580810-9049500674-jar-.j.jpeg

Gotta say, my Fender Tele and Strat are VERY nervous these days ! Still dialing the Mesa in with the humbuckers. I've played single coils for the past 30 years, it's a whole new world to me.

I picked up one this week...AWESOME guitar, just wow! It has the fattest neck I think Ive ever felt on a PRS....love it! I did put amber lampshades on it. Not sure what else in store but its a fantastic guitar.

zach.jpg

I picked up one this week...AWESOME guitar, just wow! It has the fattest neck I think Ive ever felt on a PRS....love it! I did put amber lampshades on it. Not sure what else in store but its a fantastic guitar.

zach.jpg

Oh My...
the best top I've seen so for on this awesome model
congrats brother

Edit: how about a creme toggle switch tip?

Last edited:
Edit: how about a creme toggle switch tip?

They come with crème toggle switches! I have to assume jetydosa swapped that out when he/she put on the knobs.

I need to play my ZM more - it is getting ignored a bit because of my SE Angelus, SAS, and other acquisitions. My SE-7 also needs some love. Gah, I need to play more guitar at home, because at practice I feel the need to use my gigging equipment, and obviously at gigs I use my normal gigging guitars.

Back