The reason why I am jealous of the West Coast forum members today....

docbennett

Banned
I guess I'm jealous of those living in the South as well.

Here is why I am home at 2 PM on a Saturday....

100_5884.jpg

100_5885.jpg

100_5886.jpg

100_5887.jpg

Even this guy wasn't thrilled...and he's as "cold weather" as they come:

100_5888.jpg

What's the prevailing weather in your locations??? Gotta be better than New Jersey.

Hey, Bennett, that's a great little outhouse off your deck.

Ya gotta admire people in places where they've heard about indoor plumbing, but still adhere tenaciously to the tradition of using a sweet outdoor facility!

It's something we Michissippians truly admire about New Jersey; even though we have indoor plumbing here, we respect traditions that died before we were born. :)

That's what we'd be looking like here in North Georgia, but the temp has been hanging around 40 for the last 24 hours so it's just gray and wet instead. I'd rather have the snow. We have a big back yard, a five-year-old, and a dog. That would be plenty of fun!

Hey, Bennett, that's a great little outhouse off your deck.

Ya gotta admire people in places where they've heard about indoor plumbing, but still adhere tenaciously to the tradition of using a sweet outdoor facility!

It's something we Michissippians truly admire about New Jersey; even though we have indoor plumbing here, we respect traditions that died before we were born. :)

We use that one first...if it requires service, here is our backup...

bodie3holerte.jpg

Ummmm Doc does Paul know you snatched the Eagle from the Lobby?

I guess I'm jealous of those living in the South as well.

Here is why I am home at 2 PM on a Saturday....

100_5884.jpg

What's the prevailing weather in your locations??? Gotta be better than New Jersey.

Is that a Le Penseur statue at the far right of this picture, or did Ginger catch you crying in the snow again?
p303301-Brussels-The_Thinker_zpsce218fa4.jpg
[/IMG]

I come from Brooklyn, so we don't use the international "Le Pensuer" We are much more comfortable referring to that sculpture as "De Tinka".

While I must admit that Ginger has caught me crying in the snow many times, she usually refrains from photographing it. That is actually a bear, climbing up a rock formation...when not covered or obscured by snow.

If you look carefully, as your view takes you out towards the street, you will also see a gorgeous and accurate sculpture of a fire hydrant. I believe we also commissioned the lamp post sculpture to the viewer's left, as well as the cable box to its right.

Along with the eagle, some very nice examples of chain saw sculpture.

Last edited:
How many times to you see this???? I't's 34 and snowing in Alabama! I moved down here to get away from this white stuff!

We got hammered in WI the week of Christmas. My city got 18 inches in a little over 24 hours, so I can sympathize with docbennett

Our first snow fall this year was 13 inches....followed by 3 more....followed by 8 more this past week. I wouldn't mind NJ right now...

We got some snow too. I love it, especially since I didn't have to go anywhere today.
321296_10151149101696384_794218993_n.jpg

Also, my dog Chloe couldn't get enough of the white stuff, absolutely has a ball in it, her first time really, not quite a year old black lab.
376622_10151149278821384_131109233_n.jpg

Also my first post here :)

We got some snow too. I love it, especially since I didn't have to go anywhere today.
321296_10151149101696384_794218993_n.jpg

Also, my dog Chloe couldn't get enough of the white stuff, absolutely has a ball in it, her first time really, not quite a year old black lab.
376622_10151149278821384_131109233_n.jpg

Also my first post here :)

NICE!!! Another guy from upstate!! Whats up!!!

NICE!!! Another guy from upstate!! Whats up!!!

Hi Michael, I'm in Ithaca btw. I bet you have a lot of snow too. We haven't had much in the last couple of years, sort of nice to see it now. By next month I'll be sick of it though.

That is actually a bear, climbing up a rock formation...when not covered or obscured by snow.

100_5895.jpg

BTW....Wayne was a lot happier by the evening walk...

"This tree looks interesting"

100_5908.jpg

"Can we please stay out?"

100_5909.jpg

And of course the...

"I am pretending that I can't hear you so that you will forget to bring me back home and let me stay outside" schtick.

100_5899.jpg

Ah, now I see the bear. Sorry for the snow guys, I have been lucky so far, nothing has really stuck here in Chicagoland.

After our blizzard and 11"+ on Wednesday, our dog wants out so bad she won't shut up. The squirrels are waiting for her so they can dump snow onto her from the limbs above. Ah, the synergy of nature...they think they're torturing her, and she's entertained for hours. :D

Back