The PRS Lexicon

line.jpg

Ok, smart-ass... now let's see you write your name in the snow.

You don't write them the same way do you? :eek:

It's like I always say... "I'm not that kind of doctor, Ma'am, but I'll be happy to take a look."

I like your first term "pre-factory". That is the most overused and abused sales-catch for a pre-`95 PRS guitar and frankly one I'm over. Of course the first 10 years of production were in a factory! What are people trying to say when they use the term pre-factory, that Paul made all of those guitars single-handedly with a hammer and chisel in his garage? That is a term that could easily be replaced with "pre-Stevensville".

Last edited:
I like your first term "pre-factory". That is the most overused and abused sales-catch for a pre-`95 PRS guitar and frankly one I'm over.

Actually, the demarcation line should be 1996, not 1995. That's another bit of disinformation that appears to have originated with Ed Roman. I owned a 1995 Standard 24 that was built on Virginia Ave. PRS was still building guitars on Virginia Ave when I purchased that guitar in September of 1995. PRS did not move to Stevensville until the end of 1995. If I recall correctly, production at Stevensville did not start in earnest until early 1996.

Production in Stevensville in January 1996.

That's what I remember. It used to blow my mind when people on the Internet would call me a liar for claiming that my 1995 Standard 24 was built on Virginia Ave.

Last edited:
Not keen on the RL abbreviation. In our circle the Rosewood Limited has always been affectionately referred to as the McGardenCentre :D

Back