The PRS Electric Guitar Book - Thoughts?

I saw Santana's autobiography the other day in Barnes and Noble. It looks very interesting. I wish I would have picked it up when I was there. I'm going to order it as well. With it and the PRS book and a lesson book on Chicago Blues (that I ordered with the PRS book) I'll have plenty of reading material!

I'm only about 10 pages into the book (finishing a dissertation at the moment), but you hear Carlos through his writing if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to spending more time with that book.

Hate to break it to you, but it is currently on the fourth edition (despite Amazon calling it a second edition, because the previous edition was the 3rd edition!). The current one has a Blue 513 on the cover.

Really?!?!? I have the Blue cover. Now I gotta see which versions I have when I get home tonight...:oops:

Really?!?!? I have the Blue cover. Now I gotta see which versions I have when I get home tonight...:oops:
First edition, 1999:
zipview.php

Second, 2002:
51g-YCPoDAL._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Third, 2007 (I have this one):
51qPS3CgMkL._SX392_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Fourth, 2014 (current):
51AMQnSaaxL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm only about 10 pages into the book (finishing a dissertation at the moment), but you hear Carlos through his writing if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to spending more time with that book.
A graduate dissertation? What in? Then I can relate to how busy you are. I did my graduate dissertation a loooooong time ago. (in microbiology)

A graduate dissertation? What in? Then I can relate to how busy you are. I did my graduate dissertation a loooooong time ago. (in microbiology)

Doctorate in Business Administration with a focus on Business Intelligence. My dissertation was about the use of business intelligence systems within higher education for decision-making.

And I bought a copy of the book too, damn you all! :)

Doctorate in Business Administration with a focus on Business Intelligence. My dissertation was about the use of business intelligence systems within higher education for decision-making.

And I bought a copy of the book too, damn you all! :)
Business Intelligence - Brings back memories of what I used to do before I retired as a part of Strategic Planning and Business Development! Good luck going forward!

First edition, 1999:
zipview.php

Second, 2002:
51g-YCPoDAL._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Third, 2007 (I have this one):
51qPS3CgMkL._SX392_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Fourth, 2014 (current):
51AMQnSaaxL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
OK, replying to my own post for context:

I received the latest Burrluck PRS book for my birthday. Flipping through it, it seemed quite different from the previous edition that I also had. And it is! Very different flow, more condensed (in fact, fewer pages than the previous one), although still tells the tale from early years through "today" chronologically. I don't think there are any new photos in the new book for the material covered previously, and many photos from that previous edition are gone (to make way for the newer models). And no big center-fold like fold outs in the new one! The newer books is also physically smaller. I like the new content, but I realize now I need to keep the old book for all that was lost in the new edition.

So now I wonder whether the third edition was truly just a second edition with more pages added to the end (142 pages grew to 174) or if the content of those original 142 pages was altered/condensed. And similar for first to second edition. Anyone have a pair of those editions to compare?

I think something a little, ummmm....different.
I was trying to keep it SFTF (safe for the forum)! o_O

I was thinking Sergio had spilt some of his bubbly as he excitedly reading his copy, hence the pages being.....:eek:

Last edited:
Back