The PRS Electric Guitar Book - Thoughts?

matonanjin

The is a book on Amazon called "The PRS Electric Guitar Book : A Complete History of Paul Reed Smith Electrics. It is written by Dave Burrluck.

Does anybody have this or know anything about it? Is it accurate? Authorized? I am thinking about getting it although I'm not sure why. Just some bedtime reading. I'm pretty sure my next PRS, if there is one, will be a Hollowbody. So it's not like I will use this for research. More of a coffee table book or, as I said, bedtime reading.

It's a must-own. It has its deficiencies, but is the most thorough knowledgebase available.

Dave Burrluck knows his stuff and tests/reviews PRS guitars often for Music Radar.

It is a great book! I have a previous edition, with the current edition in my Amazon Wish List, though no-one seems to have got the hint...maybe this Christmas!

I have the original Hardcover edition and one of the follow up softcovers. Highly informative...

I have both versions. It's a must have!!
Hate to break it to you, but it is currently on the fourth edition (despite Amazon calling it a second edition, because the previous edition was the 3rd edition!). The current one has a Blue 513 on the cover.

Can the new book be bought at Barnes & Noble?

They have it online. I was just in my local store this past weekend and they didn't have a copy of it there. I did buy the Santana autobiography for $8, so I'm glad I went in!

I saw Santana's autobiography the other day in Barnes and Noble. It looks very interesting. I wish I would have picked it up when I was there. I'm going to order it as well. With it and the PRS book and a lesson book on Chicago Blues (that I ordered with the PRS book) I'll have plenty of reading material!

Back