The Official Ted McCarty Limited Edition Love Thread!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
My first post on the PRS Forum, what could be more appropriate? :mrgreen:

For me the Ted McCarty Limited Edition (much easier to just call them "Ted's") are the best PRSi ever, particularly the Willcutt's Wood Library Limiteds.

I have owned a whopping 15, here are my current (and favorite!) four:

166839-2.jpg

166601-2.jpg

167188-2.jpg

166593-2.jpg

...with the last one inbound from iahawk36.

Oh yeah, plus a PS DC 245 Ted on order... ;)

Let this be the place here on the PRS Forum to share the love of all things Ted!

Long live the "Ted"!!

Here is my entry.....
IMG_0338.jpg

owned 7 myself but this one is a keeper.

Last edited:
A different angle glamour shot of my four, I dig this angle to show off the top, the binding, and the contrast with the Antique Natural backs (and a peek at those IRW necks!):

166839-5.jpg

166601-5.jpg

167188-5.jpg

166593-5.jpg

The best part is, they sound better than they look! :mrgreen:

Reactions: Tag
166593-5.jpg

Did you get this one in yet? If so, how does it compare to the purple one?

yankeebulldog said:
166593-5.jpg

Did you get this one in yet? If so, how does it compare to the purple one?

Impatiently awaiting, will let you know when it is in, there will definitely be a windy city get-together shortly thereafter!

The Ultraviolet was frighteningly similar in tone (in a stellar way) to the Honey Amber, so I am hopeful and confident that this Glacier Blue Beauty is just as good tone-wise! (The Ultraviolet is BTW getting a new setup with Ernie Ball Cobalt 11's and push/pull tone splits, will have that back this weekend...)

Something magical about the combination of the short scale, hand-picked woods from the Wood Library, and this batch of IRW necks - of course I don't need to tell you that! ;)

george johnson said:
DirtyMoonsRJT said:
close up request again of the lemongrass!

Comin' at ya...

lt12.jpg

19th time:

DIBS!!

;)

I love the short scale with the IRW neck on the two IRW WL SC Ted's I have had, would love to try it on an DC Ted! An excuse to order another PS Ted, I guess! :mrgreen:

ducmike said:
I never get tired of looking at Teds. Especially Pete's WL collection.

In that case, here are a couple more. ;)

Here is the back view of the Ultraviolet:

166601-3.jpg

There is something awesome about the back view of a Singlecut Ted with the Rosewood neck, especially with the Antique Natural back finish the Wood Library Ted's have. Nice grain on the neck on this one too!

Here is a harem shot including yankeebulldog's McCarty Smokeburst IRW WL SC and his (formerly my) Solana WL DC:

4%2520WL%2520Teds%25201.jpg

That was before the Ultraviolet and Glacier Blue SC's, so the next get together will be an opportunity to have 6 WL Ted's in one shot, with 3 WL IRW SC's (25% of the 12 made!). :mrgreen:

OMG, Teds were available with rosewood necks?!?!? I had no idea. :shock:

MA Pete said:
A different angle glamour shot of my four, I dig this angle to show off the top, the binding, and the contrast with the Antique Natural backs (and a peek at those IRW necks!):

166601-5.jpg

166593-5.jpg

Brad737 said:
OMG, Teds were available with rosewood necks?!?!? I had no idea. :shock:

Only 13 from the Wood Library Run. Reportedly was originally two each of SC's of the Ted Wood Library Run colors (Glacier Blue, Honey Amber, McCarty Smokeburst, Vintage Amber Burst and Solana Burst) plus 11top snuck in two Ultraviolet SC's (a flame and a quilt) and a Lemongrass DC.

George Johnson has the Lemongrass DC (a beauty!), 11top took the two Ultraviolet's and a Glacier Blue, and was kind enough to recently sell me the quilt Ultraviolet.

iahawk got the other Glacier Blue, a beautiful quilt, and was kind enough to sell me that one as well, inbound as we speak!

I had one of the Honey Amber ones, and foolishly sold it, it now resides with clmazza. The other Honey Amber one was with a fellow BAM'er, he had posted it on my Ted thread on BAM, I do not recall his handle off the top of my head.

yankeebulldog has one of the McCarty Smokeburst ones.

So that leaves 1 McCarty Smokeburst, both Solana Bursts, and both Vintage Amber Bursts unaccounted for.

Dibs on them all!! :mrgreen:

rickcard71 said:
Wow, awesome guitars guys! Pete, 3 SC245 Teds? :shock:

Yes, and a fourth on deposit! :mrgreen:

Last time around with the Ted's I was all about the DC's. This time around I love the SC's equally, if not a little more.

By the fall with what I have in the works, I will have 2 IRW necked SC's, 2 Mahogany Necked SC's, 2 DC's, all from the Willcutt's Wood Library run, plus a Private Stock DC. Kind of silly, I know, to have 7 Ted's, but I am CRAZY for these Wood Library Ted's, the best PRSi ever, for me!!

Here's my DC245 Ted. She's just a plain jane non-10 top with older non-engraved 57/08's. Supposedly she was the sales rep's demo guitar, after my dealer played her he just had to have it. It resonates like no-other guitar I've played.
TED1-1.jpg

Here's my DC245 Willcutt edition, currently residing in Singapore.

6768861563_c7e9c38c4b_b.jpg

6768862191_ec083167b8_b.jpg

6768863319_e06640c25b_b.jpg

Together with her other siblings.
7143977881_3572f7522b_b.jpg

6997892436_5ca7642e03_b.jpg

Back