The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

I saw this one and thought it looked really cool! I haven't seen any Wood Library ones which should be showing up soon I would imagine. It took about 6 months before the 594 Wood Library ones showed up. If you aren't in love with this color or any one out there yet, you may want to wait another month or 2 and see what the dealers do with the Wood Libraries.
We should start to see them arriving in April

I really enjoy PRS's groundbreaking colors and stains so I've always wanted one of the unique colors, even though I appreciate the McCarty type Sunburst and the black gold.
I was always blown away by the beach fade and the Al Di Meola rainbow. So I need some opinions
I find this particular one unique and attractive,I do like it, I also love the completely exposed back grain.
but I'm afraid someone will laugh at me:confused:. Is it too unique?:eek:
I wish the flame was a little bit higher contrast.
Should I wait another month see what other colors start appearing?:(

BjO3GKo.jpg

QUpBAot.jpg

be honest and gentle.

99% of the time, our consensus is a hearty "Buy it!" This is not in the 1%.

Anecdote time: Back in '02, I was nervous at the idea of getting an HBII in Turquoise vs. a more classic look like Dark Cherry Sunburst. I was afraid it might end up being a dated or unpopular look. To this day, the guitar gets complimented often when I bring it out somewhere. I think most PRS finishes are relatively timeless, and I really dig the painted maple edge and bare back on this one.

OK
I pulled the trigger on the Aqua Burst, 4-5 days shipping, Now I am excited, I cant wait 60 days for other version to show up.
Instant gratification and tone addiction prohibit me from being rational.

I guess I can buy another one later:cool:

OK
I pulled the trigger on the Aqua Burst, 4-5 days shipping, Now I am excited, I cant wait 60 days for other version to show up.

Aw yeah! I owe you one for saving my wallet!

Just showed up on the bay: PS 594 Singlecut.

Really wish I had the money! This is perfection...

31829016304_bb43a6a127_b.jpg

Yes, I almost bought that one! I had been talking to Steve at Wildwood (great guy!) about that one for months (while it was still being built), ever since getting my SC Prototype. Since I recently got the PS DC 594 and the SH DC 594, and have two more 594's in the oven, I figured I should probably be patient and enjoy the ones I have, and wait for the next two to come in.

Steve did a GREAT job spec'ing the DC and SC 594's he did, they are right up my alley! This one has been especially hard to resist!! ;)

If you look back at the PSF thread, this one made several appearances, as did its DC 594 sibling with the same spec (which came in in the fall of last year, I had a hard time resisting that one too!).

OK

Congrats! Can't wait to hear your report...

Thanks for the support guys
Actually clicked the buy now.
On that incredible "Desert Sandstorm Fade" I actually have enough money (If I don't eat for several months) and I But then I canceled it. Because I really felt like a heroin addict. I decided I better by a bottom of the line core model first. On the sandstorm the bird inlays are simply mind blowing It looks like they were made like minted coins.

Life is a compromise; the Purple Aqua Burst Is weighing in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and the mahogany grain appears to be medium to high quality in density and uniformity. I can see the wood library grains are a little bit tighter than this one.
But the neck mahogany piece appears to be very top-of-the-line grain uniformity, tight and dense,
So I'll see if the photos Detail translates into tone.
I've definitely seen prettier pieces of mahogany but it's still pretty good. And the weight Tells me it's pretty dense.
Although subtle I really like the yellow blemishes/defects in the Maple grain Bleeding through the Aqua stain.
It Creates very interesting artifacts especially for a non-10 top.
cheers

vBZ0A81.jpg

Hi guys,

I just wondered, when you go for a 10 top model what do PRS mean about hybrid hardware? Is it just the tuner buttons that are gold instead of a nickel finish? Is sthere anything else different about the guitar? apart from the top of course.

Cheers

Paul

I might be tempted by a Goldtop or a Black Beauty SC594. ( then there is always that DC with a trem that a certain forum member has that I lust for....)

Hi guys,

I just wondered, when you go for a 10 top model what do PRS mean about hybrid hardware? Is it just the tuner buttons that are gold instead of a nickel finish? Is sthere anything else different about the guitar? apart from the top of course.

Cheers

Paul

Along with the tuner buttons, all screws (except intonation), toggle switch nut, output jack,strap buttons are gold.

I received my Prototype SC 594 PS four months ago today, October 7th. Wow, it seems like I have had it a lot longer than that!

Still, despite two other Private Stock DC 594's being added to the collection since then (the Nightshade 594 Trem, and the Semi-Hollow 594, both incredible instruments!), this one is still my favorite guitar ever.

The Chappers/Captain SC/DC video really reinforced to me that both the DC and the SC are awesome, similar in soul but two subtly different animals, like fraternal twins.

I haven't decided yet which *model* I like best, I still am torn in that regard - I need more SC's to compare (which is planned! ;)), but as an individual guitar this SC remains the most magical and special instrument I have ever touched...

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

I received my Prototype SC 594 PS four months ago today, October 7th. Wow, it seems like I have had it a lot longer than that!

Still, despite two other Private Stock DC 594's being added to the collection since then (the Nightshade 594 Trem, and the Semi-Hollow 594, both incredible instruments!), this one is still my favorite guitar ever.

The Chappers/Captain SC/DC video really reinforced to me that both the DC and the SC are awesome, similar in soul but two subtly different animals, like fraternal twins.

I haven't decided yet which *model* I like best, I still am torn in that regard - I need more SC's to compare (which is planned! ;)), but as an individual guitar this SC remains the most magical and special instrument I have ever touched...

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

It's so cool looking on top of everything else that's great about it!

Amazing in every way, Pete!

A great demo from my good friend Eric from Willcutt's!

Holy cow, that guitar sounds KILLER!!

I guess I need to buy that one, considering I owned the first two 594's he demo'ed, the GOM, and a WL DC.... ;)

(Just kidding! I have the first Prototype and one in the oven, so I think I will be okay.). :)

A great demo from my good friend Eric from Willcutt's!

Holy cow, that guitar sounds KILLER!!

I guess I need to buy that one, considering I owned the first two 594's he demo'ed, the GOM, and a WL DC.... ;)

(Just kidding! I have the first Prototype and one in the oven, so I think I will be okay.). :)

Watched this last night, laughed a little when he got to the single coil tones and the pickup wasn't selected.

I need to see a one piece quilt top with black gold contour burst with binding and a microburst on the back.

Okay guys, so I started "The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!" back in February, when the GOM run of 26 of the McCarty 594 came out, and blew us all away. It has been a fun and exciting thread! It went guns blazing as those of us acquired the 26 from the GOM run. It went a bit quiet until the Core model was announced in June, and has exploded since then with all sorts of great Core and Wood Library acquisitions, and lots of appreciation and love for all the great attributes of that awesome PRS model!!

Well, THIS happened last week:

IMG_0043_zpsjbievs75.jpg

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

9d5fe869-c0f9-4f86-9501-dfbecb3a7b1e_zpskbl99euu.jpg

This is a Private Stock Prototype of a Singlecut, with the 594 scale and other various 594 features.

I have no inside information on if and when this will ever become a Core model, for the record. If you guys recall, the 24.5"-scaled 2014 McCarty Singlecut started out as a Prototype, and eventually became an orderable Private Stock model, but never a core model. Whatever the plan or destiny is for this 24.594"-scaled SC, I would bet this is not the last you see of it. :)

So given the fact that many people will like to talk about a 594-scaled SC and not the Doublecut, for instance those of you who think a three way toggle on the upper horn is a complete travesty (you know who you are!!), let's start a thread here about this "Model" and see where Paul and Team take us on this topic! ;)

My apologies for the redundancy of this post here today with the NGD thread from Friday and over the weekend, but an NGD thread is "one-and-done", and this thread should live on as a fun and informative guide for those interested to consume - the McCarty 594 thread is 49 pages (and 974 posts) as of this posting, just since February of this year!

More pics of this beauty:

IMG_0047_zpsw3jya6nj.jpg

IMG_0050_zpstq4icuyo.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsynwisg8u.jpg

Awesome "Blade Knots" and a gorgeous Brazilian Board!!
fef31a00-f60b-4281-bae5-728ea34f15e2_zps4nyctk5x.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsogmbyyxq.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsusbgekph.jpg

Killer Headstock Veneer - Matches the board great, love how the grain is intentionally at an angle:
IMG_0034_zps2sntj5vb.jpg

BTW, it is THICK! Thicker than a traditional SC, at least as thick as the McCarty Singlecut, which was thicker than the SC 245's and SC 58's. Makes for major tone mojo! ;) (I dig the out of focus McCarty 594 lurking in the background, feeling so skinny...)
IMG_0073_zpsaqalmrh4.jpg

The McCarty Singlecut did not have a "belly cut", it was flat on the back. This is thicker but has the Belly Cut, I like it just like this, AWESOME!

IMG_0038_zpsiks2yvgr.jpg

One rule I will set for this thread here to show respect for Paul and for PRS, for myself at least, if others choose to follow, that is great, if not, that is fine too. There is a guitar model I will refer to as a "Classic Singlecut" that is named after a famous and deceased guitarist. I am going to chose to not call out that guitar but name, because this guitar is so great in its own right, that I don't think any other Singlecut model needs to be directly called out. This one is "inspired by", not a copy. And this particular example happens to be better for me than any Classic Singlecut I have ever played! ;)

Thank you, Paul and Team!!

More to follow here, and everyone feel free to chime in on your thoughts of this as a potential PRS Guitar...
amazing 594.

Back