The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

I am astonished that we haven't seen any the GOtM November SC594s here. Would love to hear how it sounds and what owners think about them.

I'm tempted by the model myself.
I would love to post pics of mine but i cannot figure out how to post a pic...

I have not been able to figure out hiw to post a pic on this forum...

What you could do is open up an account (assuming you do not have one already) on photobucket or imageshack. Upload your pics there, and they will offer a link to paste here in your post. Quite simple.

Congrats on your newest acquisition! How does she sound?

What you could do is open up an account (assuming you do not have one already) on photobucket or imageshack. Upload your pics there, and they will offer a link to paste here in your post. Quite simple.

Congrats on your newest acquisition! How does she sound?
Well Base6, you adked and here is my brief response...

This GOTM is a creative masterpiece, for me. She is exactly what I Wanted her to be, sonically...
I haven't experimented much with her quite yet. She sounds best clean through the JCM, as that amp has tremedous low end. The JCM seems to "tell the truth" (when playing clean) out of the best out of the three amps. The distortion channel was everybit of rewarding, as well. I am a bit of a purist on the distortion end of things. She really shined on the rigid-dirtiness of that JCM, as well. The Hughes and Kettner pronounced her amazing sparkle, where I then spent a moment in the break up mode. I hit a creative space, and actually managed to compose two insane guitar tracks on the fly as I trotted into the studio for a quick spin through this six string-chimey beast of beauty. I mic'd a 2x12 cab and even my gal said it's sound is like no other! She would know as well as most, as she has been around the music biz as long as I have. I was delighted when I asked her-"who does this sound like?" Her reply was simply, "I don't know, but it's incredible sounding!" That is the best compliment about this guitar I could get, as I can pretty much sound like anyone I want to on just about any guitar. This guitar brings out more of ME than any other guitar. This is not a practice instrument, this is my studio piece. After that delightful 20 minutes in the studio, I then plugged into my favorite-divided by 13. All I can say is this is a match made in heaven... For what I like to compose, this amp delivers everything (a classic tone needs) to be complete. I have spent very little time playing this guitar. I really just want it to settle into it's Northwest environment before putting her to the acid test. We will keep her "On Golden Pond" for now...

Here are just a few of the immediate noticeable qualities about my interwoven new addition...
1). The midrange on this piece replicate the classic humbucker axe like no other, giving the player a "Wrigley Field" ballpark of range. It cuts through with very little, while getting quite a nice dark growl when you dime out the mid on the amp. I have played many PRS Guitars, new, old, vintage... None of them had this sonic ability that I am able to experience with this piece. This is the most pronounced uniqueness of sound wave that I have found on any guitar to date... It's not just the pups, it's a synergy of materials and craftsmanship that has gone into this build that makes this one quality alone stand out from anything else that I have put my hands on.
2). The coil taps give a ridiculously fat and sassy- blues/funk tone-and may be the sweet spot for any player to use as a rhythm tone. Once again, the tone is of it's own. Versitile, with plenty of variance.
3). The low end on this guitar shines best in full humbucker mode. It's the most crowd pleasing tone I have felt and heard. It is a replica tone from the past, with it's own personal, modern, shimmer/growl... I get the shivers on this one!

In summary (after brief encounters of the outrageously-unknown kind), the sound and feel of this gorgeous beauty have already exceeded my expectations. Her unique, soul-satisfying sound and her silky, sexy feel are even more unique than her "hold me back", labor of love looks.

This is the "Mayflower" in the quitar world for a player like me. I am blown away, man...
~And, "I haven't even left the port yet..."~

This GOTM is a creative masterpiece, for me. She is exactly what I Wanted her to be, sonically...
I haven't experimented much with her quite yet. She sounds best clean through the JCM, as that amp has tremedous low end. The JCM seems to "tell the truth" (when playing clean) out of the best out of the three amps. The distortion channel was everybit of rewarding, as well. I am a bit of a purist on the distortion end of things. She really shined on the rigid-dirtiness of that JCM, as well. The Hughes and Kettner pronounced her amazing sparkle, where I then spent a moment in the break up mode. I hit a creative space, and actually managed to compose two insane guitar tracks on the fly as I trotted into the studio for a quick spin through this six string-chimey beast of beauty. I mic'd a 2x12 cab and even my gal said it's sound is like no other! She would know as well as most, as she has been around the music biz as long as I have. I was delighted when I asked her-"who does this sound like?" Her reply was simply, "I don't know, but it's incredible sounding!" That is the best compliment about this guitar I could get, as I can pretty much sound like anyone I want to on just about any guitar. This guitar brings out more of ME than any other guitar. This is not a practice instrument, this is my studio piece. After that delightful 20 minutes in the studio, I then plugged into my favorite-divided by 13. All I can say is this is a match made in heaven... For what I like to compose, this amp delivers everything (a classic tone needs) to be complete. I have spent very little time playing this guitar. I really just want it to settle into it's Northwest environment before putting her to the acid test. We will keep her "On Golden Pond" for now...

Here are just a few of the immediate noticeable qualities about my interwoven new addition...
1). The midrange on this piece replicate the classic humbucker axe like no other, giving the player a "Wrigley Field" ballpark of range. It cuts through with very little, while getting quite a nice dark growl when you dime out the mid on the amp. I have played many PRS Guitars, new, old, vintage... None of them had this sonic ability that I am able to experience with this piece. This is the most pronounced uniqueness of sound wave that I have found on any guitar to date... It's not just the pups, it's a synergy of materials and craftsmanship that has gone into this build that makes this one quality alone stand out from anything else that I have put my hands on.
2). The coil taps give a ridiculously fat and sassy- blues/funk tone-and may be the sweet spot for any player to use as a rhythm tone. Once again, the tone is of it's own. Versitile, with plenty of variance.
3). The low end on this guitar shines best in full humbucker mode. It's the most crowd pleasing tone I have felt and heard. It is a replica tone from the past, with it's own personal, modern, shimmer/growl... I get the shivers on this one!

In summary (after brief encounters of the outrageously-unknown kind), the sound and feel of this gorgeous beauty have already exceeded my expectations. Her unique, soul-satisfying sound and her silky, sexy feel are even more unique than her "hold me back", labor of love looks.

This is the "Mayflower" in the quitar world for a player like me. I am blown away, man...

Dude! Outstanding write up! So happy you found your muse!

So...you like it?:p

Great review...enjoy that beast!

Thanks Joymon! Good reading!

Now I want one too...

Seriously great post! I really enjoyed reading it.

What kind of work do you do in the studio? I'm a studio rat myself!

Found this while looking through that epic PSF thread, back on page 331 from August.

psf75-1000-5-jpg.4269

The neck for my SC 594 PS Prototype! Very cool!

No new SC 594 purchases out there?!?

I see a few more nice ones starting to show up at dealers...

I'm wondering the same. I thought that the 594 hype will split between that and the new SC594, but apparently the SC is not as desirable.

I'm wondering the same. I thought that the 594 hype will split between that and the new SC594, but apparently the SC is not as desirable.
I think part of it is the SC594s that are actually being released. When the DC was released, there were a ton of cool looking tops with different and interesting colors, as well as several Wood Library runs. This release has been much more muted. I'm still looking for the one that speaks to me.

Kevin

I think part of it is the SC594s that are actually being released. When the DC was released, there were a ton of cool looking tops with different and interesting colors, as well as several Wood Library runs. This release has been much more muted. I'm still looking for the one that speaks to me.

Kevin

I'd have to agree with this.

Kevin

I'd have to agree with this.

Yeah, I agree with that as well, the 594's made a HUGE splash at the Experience with a ton of them available with awesome tops and finishes, and WL runs very quickly following that.

For whatever reasons, that is not as much occurring with the SC 594, perhaps we will see the inventory flow and WL runs kick in once we get through Winter NAMM later this month.

Also I know several dealers have ordered some PS examples, and they can be spotted on PSF as well. (My wallet cowers in fear for those starting to show up!)

In the meantime, I am still absolutely loving mine, incredible guitar!! ;)

Love this model--as I do all things PRS singlecut. My "go to guys" are my Artist Relations 1st Gen SC in platinum (with Bareknuckle Rebel Yells) and a Stripped 58 with 59/09s. Much mojo in each.

Interesting observations re: the headstock Pete. Like you, I love the Santana, but I have yet to acquire a SC with one. My Wilcutt DC WL Ted has the Santana. I'll look forward to demoing a 594 SC for sure.

Kevin

This is a good reason, but I also think the landscape is a bit different when comparing the two models. With the classic PRS doublecuts, a short-scale is pretty rare among the core line-up as they're usually always 25". The only other being is the old DC245, but those are pretty few and far in between. In addition, the 2 piece bridge has never been available on the doublecut and same with the 2 volume/2 tone controls. So it's quite different compared to the usual suspects.

With the singlecut models, a short-scale was always available since the release of the first sc245, and the 2 piece bridge has been available since the sc58. Albeit it's a slightly different scale length, slightly thicker body and the controls are placed differently. But to the average consumer it still looks like a short-scale singlecut, so I think the excitement may not be there in comparison to the doublecut. But that's just IMO.

Last edited:
This is a good reason, but I also think the landscape is a bit different when comparing the two models. With the classic PRS doublecuts, a short-scale is pretty rare among the core line-up as they're usually always 25". The only other being is the old DC245, but those are pretty few and far in between. In addition, the 2 piece bridge has never been available on the doublecut and same with the 2 volume/2 tone controls. So it's quite different compared to the usual suspects.

With the singlecut models, a short-scale was always available since the release of the first sc245, and the 2 piece bridge has been available since the sc58. Albeit it's a slightly different scale length, slightly thicker body and the controls are placed differently. But to the average consumer it still looks like a short-scale singlecut, so I think the excitement may not be there in comparison to the doublecut. But that's just IMO.
A LOT of truth there!! I just love the thicker body and 2 piece bridge on the DC 594, compared with my other 2 double cut 24.5 scales.

Kevin

Interesting observations re: the headstock Pete. Like you, I love the Santana, but I have yet to acquire a SC with one. My Wilcutt DC WL Ted has the Santana. I'll look forward to demoing a 594 SC for sure.

There may be a Singlecut 594 with a Santana Headstock in my future! ;)

Yes, good points here, I agree with the thinking!

The DC 245 Ted was very cool for me as my favorite model from 2009-2015. It was actually pretty frustrating that it was never a production model. Paul and team made the DC 594 markedly better, and it has had so much success that it became a new "Flagship Model" for PRS, I am very excited about that for my own selfish reasons, and very happy for PRS!

Due to your points above, the SC 594 is a more subtle new product introduction. But the scale length and the neck carve are truly magical, while subtle, it is a huge deal for me, the best Singlecut ever IMO!! ;)

What would an SC594 Artist Package cost for Faded Whale Blue if all I wanted to do was get a natural back on it and keep all of the other features standard?

What would an SC594 Artist Package cost for Faded Whale Blue if all I wanted to do was get a natural back on it and keep all of the other features standard?
This may not seem very helpful, but it would be best and very easy to just call up a dealer and ask. I'm sure they could let you know very quickly!!

Keivn

Back