The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Thanks Bodia, She is killer and I forgot to mention in our description it goes to Eleven! (Love your Nigel Pic)

I really like this thread, as well as the DC 594 thread, Pete. I keep coming back to both of them!

It's great to see these new models doing so well for the guys who buy them, and for PRS, whose work I admire so much.

This is probably the best place for me to get aquainted with some PRS-Mc-SC enthusiasts, as I am a newbie to this forum. I have just purchased a November McCarty 594 PS... This is my first purchase with PRS guitars, and my first "new" purchase since 2004 (Fender 60th Anniversary MIM Strat). Before that it was a 1980 (Gibby L6S Deluxe Rock Maple Body/Neck). I paid around the same price for both of these instruments in a 24 year-span. That being said, it just seemed that I would not be the same If this November PS McCarty 594 SC did not come home to papa. So, after some critical thinking, a "pro" and "con" list-and some ridiculously-legit obsession, I made a conscious decision (after a dream, of course) to go fourth with my outrageous purchase.

So, if I had purchased a new $700.00 guitar every year for the last 20 years, I would have spent close to the same amount as my Nov. 2016 G.O.M.
Perhaps this purchase will be my "midlife" purchase... "Or, was it that 2015 Road Glide Special I bought last year?"

~ "At 55 years old, who cares?" ~

*** Did I mention that I, too have a 20 year anniversary in November? Well, I do. It's the most precious one, too!
*** I wanted to add something to my studio to create a different vibe with.
*** This beautiful, and most meaningful purchase may be just what I need to let go of some of the dozen guitars that I possess. But only the ones I haven't named yet-I think I will still end up with at least-too many....

"Happy Festivus" To All

J.

I'd love to see it. Can you post pictures?

IMG_6753_zpsoovblx36.jpg

IMG_6754_zpsrq9zclog.jpg

More pics w/ and without a flash at coralskymusic.com
Oh, there it is... yummy yum yum yum, lol

I am astonished that we haven't seen any the GOtM November SC594s here. Would love to hear how it sounds and what owners think about them.

I'm tempted by the model myself.

Nice to see another SC594 out in the wild! Beautiful guitar, congrats! Can't wait to see a faded whale blue.

I am eagerly awaiting a Tobacco Burst one. :)

I really like this thread, as well as the DC 594 thread, Pete. I keep coming back to both of them!

It's great to see these new models doing so well for the guys who buy them, and for PRS, whose work I admire so much.

Glad to hear you are digging it Les! I am looking forward to seeing NGD's of SC 594's here as those start to show up in dealers.

Mine still amazes me every day!

I am astonished that we haven't seen any the GOtM November SC594s here. Would love to hear how it sounds and what owners think about them.

Yeah-like you-I am waiting to see one land on this thread, and hopefully hear it's tone characteristics... I will be a very proud owner of one, soon! Perhaps the reason why-we haven't had a look (at one here yet) is because the owners are so taken by them-they can't seem to put them down.. My profile pic shows a sneak peak at one of the GOTM builds in progress.

Can't wait until we start seeing the wood library ones coming out. If anyone knows of a dealer that will doing a wood library run with brazzy boards on mahogany or korina, please let me know!

I'm sure there are others, but I do know that Brian's Guitars is doing BRW boards on Mahogany necks on part of their WL Run: http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-wood-library-mccarty-singlecut-594-brians-limited

Thanks, I saw his and another dealers. Both of them are only doing brazzy boards on the rosewood necks and they are both putting ebony on the hog necks. I have seen a few dealers do the same for the regular 594s. I didn't really know there was such a demand for ebony fretboard guitars.

It actually sucks because i love the Fire Red/Black Fade 594s Brians did and he is doing a quilt singlecut in the same color. However it will have the ebony board.

Can't wait until we start seeing the wood library ones coming out. If anyone knows of a dealer that will doing a wood library run with brazzy boards on mahogany or korina, please let me know!

Yeah, I would be down for an SC match to this Korina DC 594 with a Brazilian Board!!

Black%20Fade%20Side%201_zpsi0i6obwj.jpg

:)

If you go to davesguitar.com and search for the GOTM Nov McCarty 594SC There's one there. And I mean ONE, as Number One of twenty. Check it out.

If you go to davesguitar.com and search for the GOTM Nov McCarty 594SC There's one there. And I mean ONE, as Number One of twenty. Check it out.

I saw that the moment it came online. I might pull the trigger on that one if nobody beats me to it.

Do note though, for some readon they decided to give all the guitars unique serial numbers (I hope), but they all say 1/20, for all GOTMs. Not sure why that is. Sure is confusing.

Love to see more of them ones dealers start getting them.

Do note though, for some reason they decided to give all the guitars unique serial numbers (I hope), but they all say 1/20, for all GOTMs. Not sure why that is. Sure is confusing.

There is a story behind that. They (guitars in the special runs) used to be numbered, but dealers were reading into the numbers and asking why they got #20 of 20 while another dealer got #1 of 20. So they switched to keeping track of the twenty serial numbers for the run and labeling them all as "1 of 20", or whatever.

In 2010, I had the actual "#1 of 50" of the McCarty Shootout run, but oddly it was one of the last ones to show up. ;)

The Feb GOM 594's were all labeled "1 of 26".

Back