The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Go back in this thread to November 6th 2016 and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

"Fast forward" to a year later and my selections were made into a reality and delivered!! The wait was mostly my fault with taking extra time to finalize my spec sheet & also going back and forth on the color (few different color samples sent)...

...but MAN was it ever worth it!! Semi-Hollow PS SC594 with a Madagascar RW neck in a tweaked Triple Faded Indigo w/ a smoked edge:
zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg
Good lord, I go away for a week and this awesomeness shows up! Congrats and a KILLER build! That color on that top and the subtle smoke burst look fabulous. I debated about those inlays but my wife insisted on the birds so birds it is!

This is what it is all about! 2 great studio musicians. I learned a few new chord voicings watching this & had no idea of the history of the song. Thanks for posting.
I have to admit it’s one of my favourites. I love the chords and their progression. Ok it’s an extended 12 bar blues, but it’s such a good song.

I loved the bit about “depping” for JT as well!

Visiting from my Forum Semi-Retirement to state this is still the best guitar model EVER!

I put another one in the oven with the Private Stock team in February, Semi-Hollow with an F-Hole...

Good to hear from you Pete!

Visiting from my Forum Semi-Retirement to state this is still the best guitar model EVER!

I put another one in the oven with the Private Stock team in February, Semi-Hollow with an F-Hole...

hell yeah. good to hear from you, Pete.

Then moved o’er waters by the might of the wind
That bark like a bird with breast of foam,
Til in season due, on the second day,
The curved prow such course had run,
That sailors could now see the land,
Sea-cliffs shining, steep high hills,
Headlands broad.
Their haven was found, their journey ended.

— Beowulf

Well, I got 33 pages of '594 Singlecut Love' to read, but I thought I would start by adding mine.

Just picked it up last Friday, Aug 2nd, one day shy of its manufacturing birthday on Aug 3, 2018. It is a light 8.22 lbs and I love it. No other guitar I have played rings and sustains like this one. It is my 4th PRS, and it is a new level of awesome. Now the sell-off of unused equipment begins.

EJLYv12.jpg

CHYOwOT.jpg

Well, I got 33 pages of '594 Singlecut Love' to read, but I thought I would start by adding mine.

Just picked it up last Friday, Aug 2nd, one day shy of its manufacturing birthday on Aug 3, 2018. It is a light 8.22 lbs and I love it. No other guitar I have played rings and sustains like this one. It is my 4th PRS, and it is a new level of awesome. Now the sell-off of unused equipment begins.

EJLYv12.jpg

CHYOwOT.jpg

That is Crazy Beautiful!!

Thanks! I got a stoopid deal on it as it was somehow in their shop for a while and they wanted to move it. I wonder if it was forgotten in a box or something. It is in perfect shape.
Currently on page 20 of 33.

Well. Done 33 pages. The MA Pete saga was quite a plot twist. I was actually worried and sad for him! Hope everything is ok. Glad the first prototype seems to have stayed.

EJLYv12.jpg

CHYOwOT.jpg

That's a beauty!

Hey guys! I am announcing my retirement as the SC 594 Club President. ;)

I have a lot going on right now, and will be taking a hiatus from the Forums for a while, as I have done a couple of times before over the years.

I wanted to thank you guys for all of the great support and enthusiasm on the McCarty 594 thread, and here on this Singlecut 594 Thread. It sure has been a wild ride over the last two years! :)

I am counting on you all to keep the 594 love going strong. Have fun and enjoy!

Happy New Year, everyone! I posted the above September 4, 2017, just over two years ago. (Wow, over two years? Time flies!!)

I am declaring here that I am ready to come back from my hiatus, as we enter 2020 today.

During that time I wasn't playing a lot, wasn't buying and selling too much, and wasn't on guitar forums very much. I think it was a much-needed break, after the insanity I had with PRS obsession from 2008 to 2017... ;)

As I return here, I will declare that this guitar here below changed everything for me. This guitar was so disruptively awesome and head and shoulders above the rest, that I wasn't really able to process it and understand it at the time. But after two years of processing and reflecting, I understand and accept it now. (First World problems, I know...)

bxEEL84.jpg

I will attempt to share my thoughts on all that with you guys here soon...

I spent a bunch of time over the holidays reliving the Official McCarty 594 and SC 594 Love threads, the PSF thread, and in general catching up here. I was so pleased to see the 594 love remaining so strong! Congrats to all of you with your great new 594 acquisitions, some killer guitars in these threads.

This guitar is my sole PRS at this point, but that probably won't last long. As I started to play a little bit more recently, I was blown away by this beast. I knew it before, but after taking a break and coming back, it really hits home with me that this is hands-down by far the best sounding and feeling guitar I have ever owned, or played. Now that I understand things in my head a lot better, I think I am ready to perhaps add some more things 594 to the collection to build around this one. :)

(JD at Guitar Maverick - I am eternally grateful for you making sure this guitar got into my hands when you scooped it up back in 2016! You rock.)

Happy New Year, everyone! I posted the above September 4, 2017, just over two years ago. (Wow, over two years? Time flies!!)

I am declaring here that I am ready to come back from my hiatus, as we enter 2020 today.

During that time I wasn't playing a lot, wasn't buying and selling too much, and wasn't on guitar forums very much. I think it was a much-needed break, after the insanity I had with PRS obsession from 2008 to 2017... ;)

As I return here, I will declare that this guitar here below changed everything for me. This guitar was so disruptively awesome and head and shoulders above the rest, that I wasn't really able to process it and understand it at the time. But after two years of processing and reflecting, I understand and accept it now. (First World problems, I know...)

bxEEL84.jpg

I will attempt to share my thoughts on all that with you guys here soon...

I spent a bunch of time over the holidays reliving the Official McCarty 594 and SC 594 Love threads, the PSF thread, and in general catching up here. I was so pleased to see the 594 love remaining so strong! Congrats to all of you with your great new 594 acquisitions, some killer guitars in these threads.

This guitar is my sole PRS at this point, but that probably won't last long. As I started to play a little bit more recently, I was blown away by this beast. I knew it before, but after taking a break and coming back, it really hits home with me that this is hands-down by far the best sounding and feeling guitar I have ever owned, or played. Now that I understand things in my head a lot better, I think I am ready to perhaps add some more things 594 to the collection to build around this one. :)

(JD at Guitar Maverick - I am eternally grateful for you making sure this guitar got into my hands when you scooped it up back in 2016! You rock.)
Welcome back Pete! Your journey certainly influenced my own, even if I went the trem route (and 0.094” less scale - HAD to keep tha PV neck though!) :)

164-FE635-60-BD-41-FA-8134-C6-A0-BE6-EF3-C1.jpg

Back