The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

LP's are nice, I had one many years ago. It was a 1970's Gold Top that I traded for a pointy gtr with a Floyd. Then I played a PRS and there was no looking back. For me its like the LP is a 57 Chevy - nice sturdy solid and has its own thing.
A PRS is like driving a Ferrari - no substitute.

I would liken it more to a Porsche than a Ferrari. Ferrari's look awesome, go fast and handle well when pushed hard. But they are terrible daily drivers, from what I am told.

A nice Porsche though, awesome performance, looks, fit and finish, AND a great daily driver!

;)

I would liken it more to a Porsche than a Ferrari. Ferrari's look awesome, go fast and handle well when pushed hard. But they are terrible daily drivers, from what I am told.

One of my close friends had a 348 that was his daily driver for a long time (though he had a winter SUV to spare the Ferrari the road salt, etc.), and he loved it. He moved out of state a while back, and I don’t know if he still has it.

So you just never know. Different folks, different strokes.

Porsches are terrific, too.

Go back in this thread to November 6th 2016 and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

"Fast forward" to a year later and my selections were made into a reality and delivered!! The wait was mostly my fault with taking extra time to finalize my spec sheet & also going back and forth on the color (few different color samples sent)...

...but MAN was it ever worth it!! Semi-Hollow PS SC594 with a Madagascar RW neck in a tweaked Triple Faded Indigo w/ a smoked edge:
zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg

Last edited:
Go back in this thread to November 6th and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

"Fast forward" to year later and my selections were made into a reality and delivered!! The wait was mostly my fault with taking extra time to finalize my spec sheet & also going back and forth on the color (few different color samples sent)...

...but MAN was it ever worth it!! Semi-Hollow PS SC594 with a Madagascar RW neck in a tweaked Triple Faded Indigo w/ a smoked edge:
zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg
Holy Sh!t

Go back in this thread to November 6th 2017 and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

"Fast forward" to a year later and my selections were made into a reality and delivered!! The wait was mostly my fault with taking extra time to finalize my spec sheet & also going back and forth on the color (few different color samples sent)...

zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg

Hot damn! That's yummy! Dig the black burst at the edge too!

Go back in this thread to November 6th 2017 and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg
Whoa!
That is beautiful!
Worth the wait
Congrats!

Thanks a bunch guys...really super stoked for how this one came out. While I need some more time with the guitar, it's very articulate and the 57/08 (neck) & 59/09 (bridge) combo is very nice thus far.

Pete...totally agree about this version of the knot inlays; VERY happy I went with them.

Ah and this color...the gang at PRS absolutely nailed the color I had in my head; couldn't be happier with it.

I'll post a NGD thread for this guitar after the honeymoon is over along with some shots with the rest of my gear.

...it's very articulate and the 57/08 (neck) & 59/09 (bridge) combo is very nice thus far.

I am pleasantly surprised how much I am loving the 5909 uncovered bridge in the Prototype SC 594! I have tried over a half dozen sets of pickups in that guitar, and it is hands down my favorite, a great match for the guitar! I may try a different Neck pickup in there (the custom wound PRS "Rumbleseat" Neck is in there now, sounds great, but still open to more experimentation there in the Neck position), but I think the 5909 Bridge is there to stay.

First and foremost I dig it tonally, but also I love the look.

I swapped the POTS to non-splittable POTS, I wanted a full-on Classic Singlecut without the temptation to get fancy and split the pickups... :)

3h4d1nw.jpg

zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg

That’s every bit a winner! Gorgeous.

I swapped the POTS to non-splittable POTS, I wanted a full-on Classic Singlecut without the temptation to get fancy and split the pickups... :)

I forgot that my humbucker 594 even has coil splits until I read your post!

I wonder if I’ll ever try them out? o_O

Go back in this thread to November 6th 2016 and I was gushing over having selected wood at a Brian's Guitars clinic for a PS SC 594...
3h4d1nw.jpg

zft5VpP.jpg

G1kl97R.jpg

Amazing! Looks somewhat familiar ;)

Back