The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Well what do you know, it came in yesterday! (See my NGD thread...)

IMG_1068_zpsiwgrlt41.jpg

And yes, it was worth the wait!!

THAT is a fantastic finish!

Excited to say that I'm on my way to owning a very special SC 594.... There's still a few hurdles to jump, but looks like my most excellent D.C. 594 will likely be sacrificing itself for this acquisition. o_O

Sneak peek...
35468979121_e8038eb2ac.jpg

Last edited:
Well what do you know, it came in yesterday! (See my NGD thread...)

IMG_1068_zpsiwgrlt41.jpg

And yes, it was worth the wait!!

I am not sure what looks more like home....the chair or the guitar. When in doubt, always pick the guitar. ;) Nice one my friend! Nice one indeed!!

THAT is a fantastic finish!

I am not sure what looks more like home....the chair or the guitar. When in doubt, always pick the guitar. ;) Nice one my friend! Nice one indeed!!

Thanks, guys!

Bogner - Yes, I dig my chairs. That one is my Sunday morning coffee spot, with a guitar magazine or iPad, with SC 594's right there with me. ;)

IMG_1056_zps7ue6lobc.jpg

"Dear PRS Private Stock Team:

Please make the back finish of this one match my favorite chairs. See attached pictures.

Thanks!

-Pete"

I'd say they did a pretty good job! :)

I have achieved SC 594 nirvana here, my three favorite guitars of all time!

IMG_1092_zpsyjole1t8.jpg

A pretty special collection, the top one above a Prototype from late last summer well before the model was announced, the bottom one a Prototype made for Rumbleseat Music that through good Karma made its way to me, and the middle one I spec'ed in person at the factory last September, before I knew how insanely great this model would be. All three with this incredible Semi-Gloss Nitro finish that I just absolutely love, Brazilian Boards, and the pretty awesome Blade Knots and Diamond Knots for the inlays.

Babies got Back!!

IMG_1099_zpsjvdw2wcx.jpg

(The order is inverted from the two pics, the early Prototype has the light brown back, and the Rumbleseat Prototype has the Cherry back...)

Sure, they look great, but for me the feel and tone is the best ever for any guitar of this style. Top 3 ever for me.

The bar is set pretty high here, the good news I likely won't be tempted (as much as usual at least) by other Private Stock SC 594's that show up in dealers with the High Gloss Nitro Finish and Bird Inlays! ;) LOL...

I will admit I have a fourth in the oven to complete the set, in Citrus Glow, of course. Also with Blade Knots.

(These three are so amazing that you will see my other 3 SC 594's up for sale to fund the fourth PS. So when you seen them, don't think for a second that my adoration for this model has faded at all!) :)

P.S. Given today is Friday, I will call this post my own personal "Private Stock Friday" post!

I have achieved SC 594 nirvana here, my three favorite guitars of all time!

IMG_1099_zpsjvdw2wcx.jpg

(The order is inverted from the two pics, the early Prototype has the light brown back, and the Rumbleseat Prototype has the Cherry back...)

Pete, what does the headstock say on the back of your birthday SC 594? Looks like something "extra"?

Quite a guitarsenal!

Pete, what does the headstock say on the back of your birthday SC 594? Looks like something "extra"?

Quite a guitarsenal!

Thanks!

It says:

Private Stock #6772 5-11-2017
Custom Built For
Pete Dale USA Only

It is actually all caps, but I didn't want to yell! ;)

You would think that if I put "Custom Built For Pete Dale" on it, that means I need to keep it. I have had that removed at the PTC from 2 guitars that I remember, here is one:

http://www.infinityguitars.com/used-vintage.html

DSCN8307.jpg

Also there are a couple out there that still have it, here is one:

http://willcuttguitars.com/paul-ree...ed-mccarty-sc-245-orange-glow-smokeburst-used

215102-1.jpg

215102-6.jpg

Killer guitars!! They were 2 of my 3 favorite guitars that I had for a couple of years with no GAS whatsoever, until PRS rocked my world with the DC and SC 594's... :)

P.S. Did I mention that my PS SC 594 in the oven is in "Citrus Glow"? (That's what the 2 above are.) LOL, that will be my 5th Citrus Glow PS, I love that finish!!

Excited to say that I'm on my way to owning a very special SC 594.... There's still a few hurdles to jump, but looks like my most excellent D.C. 594 will likely be sacrificing itself for this acquisition. o_O

Sneak peek...

25268709-01b9-4add-bcb3-7953dec74869_zpsbquxxfci.jpg

Looking GREAT!!

A Private Stock with Maple Binding and Matching Electronics Covers, very special indeed!

I pride myself in knowing where every single PRS PS SC 594 on the planet is (well, except Asia), and I am not familiar with that one, unless it is on the other side of the pond.

I can't wait to see it, the suspense is killing me! ;)

Thanks!

It says:

Private Stock #6772 5-11-2017
Custom Built For
Pete Dale USA Only

It is actually all caps, but I didn't want to yell! ;)

Very cool! Maybe third time is the charm for a personalized "keeper". :)

Looking GREAT!!

A Private Stock with Maple Binding and Matching Electronics Covers, very special indeed!

I pride myself in knowing where every single PRS PS SC 594 on the planet is (well, except Asia), and I am not familiar with that one, unless it is on the other side of the pond.

I can't wait to see it, the suspense is killing me! ;)

Well, I was waiting for someone to notice something about it! ;) It is indeed from across the pond, more when it's in my hands!

Sneak peek...

25268709-01b9-4add-bcb3-7953dec74869_zpsbquxxfci.jpg
I'd like to see more of this one.

Started my N5D post elsewhere (PRS allergy...) but thought the obligatory SC594 photo on this thread is mandatory (Sorry, we were photobombed by his other blues brothers Crab and Matteo!).

The SC594 is a phenomenal guitar in all aspects and the IRW neck is spectacular to play and feels wonderful. Not sure if it's the combination of the neck and the PRS craftsmanship of the guitar (my first 594, my first all RW neck) but it's so acoustically loud I can hear the guitar by itself. Almost like I have to turn up the amp more to "drown myself out". Amazing.

I was a little hesitant about the 58/15 LT pickups due to the low winds but they are more than "just fine". They are clear and articulate. Only minor sniggle at this point is the push/pull pots are more sunken in than my LPs and to access and pull up on the PRS lampshades knobs for tapping isn't 100% perfect. They are pretty slippery. I will probably go the clear Plasti-dip route and spray the knob sides to get more side tack for easier grabbing (or switch to push-push pot).

35229836841_bc932ac484_c.jpg

The suspense is still killing me! I was hoping for a "PSF" on this thread today! ;)

Ha, makes two of us, Pete! Alas, there has been an intermittent period of stock selling and money transferrin' to get the funds situation "situated". I can say that not only were the funds finally put in place, but this morning I sent them whizzing across the Atlantic. So the wait begins. Figuring three weeks, but who knows, maybe I can be pleasantly surprised. Rest assured an N5D thread and cameo appearance here will follow! - Scott

Started my N5D post elsewhere (PRS allergy...) but thought the obligatory SC594 photo on this thread is mandatory (Sorry, we were photobombed by his other blues brothers Crab and Matteo!).

The SC594 is a phenomenal guitar in all aspects and the IRW neck is spectacular to play and feels wonderful. Not sure if it's the combination of the neck and the PRS craftsmanship of the guitar (my first 594, my first all RW neck) but it's so acoustically loud I can hear the guitar by itself. Almost like I have to turn up the amp more to "drown myself out". Amazing.

I was a little hesitant about the 58/15 LT pickups due to the low winds but they are more than "just fine". They are clear and articulate. Only minor sniggle at this point is the push/pull pots are more sunken in than my LPs and to access and pull up on the PRS lampshades knobs for tapping isn't 100% perfect. They are pretty slippery. I will probably go the clear Plasti-dip route and spray the knob sides to get more side tack for easier grabbing (or switch to push-push pot).

35229836841_bc932ac484_c.jpg

Nice family shot! I like to think you can "dirty up" a pickup easily, but you can't "clear and articulate" them. Make sense?

Back