The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MA Pete, Oct 10, 2016.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Killer top! Perfect for that blue too! Just like a shimmering pool......then Nessy reaches out and grabs you buy the short hairs!

g.wizz and Tosca like this.
  2. Tosca

Tosca Death by a million mini-toggles...

Thanks Bodia!!! I was struggling with a name for this one. She's now Venetia (nickname "Nessy").

3. bodia

Outstanding! Glad I could help! Have to admit, after I typed it, I thought it would make a good name. :)

4. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

AWESOME! Love it!

Congrats! I am sure that 5909 in the bridge really rips...

Tosca likes this.
  5. George

George New Member

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself, 52 yr old long time player, currently have a 2014 R0 which I love but sick of of cracked knobs, tuning problems, intonation, etc. Looking at my first PRS, ready to pull the trigger on an SC594, I need precision & perfection from my guitar, I've seen enough vids and audio on the 594 to take the plunge, any retailers you guys recommend??

6. Paulg2uk

Paulg2uk New Member

7. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

Heya George! Where do you live? That may help narrow things down some. You really can't go wrong with any of the Signature dealers if you're looking to buy online, so it may come down to which shop has the one you like the best.

8. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Cross-posting my N5D post to capture it here in the SC 594 Thread.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...rototype-believe-it-or-not.23436/#post-324428

Loving it!!

9. George

George New Member

Hi Garrett, I live in the Philly area, I travel quite a bit to Miami for work and I did get to try a DC594 at GC, played like butter, I would of bought it but it wasn't my color. I'm really tempted by the SC594 now and looking online for the "Right" one.

10. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

I have been playing and enjoying my SC 594's. One thing that stands out for me - I am very impressed with the tone and feel of this particular one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a Willcutt Guitars Wood Library SC 594, posted before here, posting again with updated thoughts. From a standpoint of feel, tone, vibe, it totally hangs with the Private Stocks. The only way you can tell the difference really is the V12 finish versus the Nitro (and particularly the Semi-Gloss Nitro on the 2 Prototypes), the plastic binding versus the Maple Binding, and the lack of super fancy inlays.

Really, those are not really a big deal, the V12 finish is quite nice, and to me feels close to the High Gloss Nitro. The plastic binding looks great on this, I like it a lot. It actually is closer to the vibe of that classic Singlecut we tend to compare this model to. ;) The MOP Old Birds look great on this killer dark Brazilian board. This one is the "best value" in my SC 594 collection!! :)

Love this "Faded Vintage Yellow" finish with a Faded Cherry back. The top on this one is very vintage, really matches the finish and the finish and top together create a really classic vintage vibe. After having this one for a while now and really bonding with it, I can't help but to declare it my favorite non-Private Stock PRS to-date! (Sorry BrianC - I think it will be a long wait re your Dibs call on this one!)

(My Tobacco Willcutt Wood Library SC 594 is great too, but I don't get a chance to play that as much as that is in my CA apartment, and only play it through a Yamaha THR-10, so it is tough to comment re tone, but it sure plays feels and looks great as well.)

[​IMG]

There are some GREAT Wood Library SC 594's showing up now at multiple dealers. We had historically complained here about the lack of choices available at dealers for SC 594's, that is now starting to not be the case, some great finishes and tops showing up now! I look forward to seeing more "N5D's" of some of those here shortly!!

Tramp, dogrocketp and Glide-bpm like this.
  11. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Awesome, congrats!

I have my first SC 594 Private Stock that I personally spec'ed in the Private Stock Vault coming in soon. I am pretty stoked about it!!

12. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Yes, the waiting is tough!! This one will be about nine months from when I ordered it. I am sure it will be worth it, though! ;)

13. Skeeter

Skeeter New Member

Well I finally dove in to the 594 madness! Now the waiting begins. Will have more photos and tone report once I get it.

Here is a teaser photo from the dealer:

[​IMG]

14. bodia

Looks great. Congrats!

15. dkilpatrick

dkilpatrick Makes guitar faces

Nice!
    Love the color

16. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Wow!! Killer finish and top! That top could be a Private Stock top.

Judging by the angle of the guitar in that photo, I would say that is a Wildwood Guitars Wood Library guitar. Great guys over there! Steve does an excellent job with the Wood Library and Private Stock wood selections.

Sad that I can recognize a dealer from their photos... ;)

dogrocketp likes this.
  17. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Skeeter, that one's gorgeous!

18. Skeeter

Skeeter New Member

You guessed it! WL run - Copperhead Burst, Artist top, Brazzy fretboard.

And yeah, Steve is a really good guy.

19. sloanthebone

sloanthebone I love quilts!

That is a great top!

20. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Well what do you know, it came in yesterday! (See my NGD thread...)

[​IMG]

And yes, it was worth the wait!!