The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

35798630_10156482066016252_2551696360394981376_o.jpg

What’s the core model on the stand next to him? I’m not a Mayer “fan boy” so I’m not up on his guitar choices.

You can hear those “secret sauce” mods that Shawn was talking about. That’s got some real single coil sounds coming out of that beauty.

Probably similar to the cool taps/splits that PRSh was talking about in the “Paul’s Guitar” vid.

so i ordered my silver sky from guitar center in the middle of may... having a hard time getting info about status, anyone have any idea of wait time.. florida resident.. thank you

so i ordered my silver sky from guitar center in the middle of may... having a hard time getting info about status, anyone have any idea of wait time.. florida resident.. thank you

Congrats on the order! You're going to likely have a wait of several months. It'll be worth it though!

Congrats on the order! You're going to likely have a wait of several months. It'll be worth it though!
At Experience, Paul said there are 4000 orders for the Silver Sky. PRS is making them as fast as they can but my guess is you may have to wait 6-12 months. Just don't worry about it and enjoy the surprise when you get it. It will be a great guitar.

I ordered mine in March, I want to say the day after it was officially annouced. Just got it on Monday of this week with a manufactured date of April 20, 2018. So I'm bettng you have a good wait ahead. On the plus side I can tell you it is absolutely worth the wait. I'm still in awe of how amazing this guitar plays.

Getting a little OT with this clip, but damn, that's good! I guess they never played that after Pig got too sick to pull it off, probably because nobody else could handle the vocal. Johnny HANDLES the vocal. I'm gonna have to find a way to go see these guys next time through. This is definitely the best any of the post-Jerry Dead groupings has sounded. And better than the Jerry version over his last few years...

-Ray

I ordered mine the third day they were available for Pre-Order back in March and got it this Wednesday. So, it would seem there's still a few months to get through before May orders. But I'm sure the bulk of the orders were right out the gate, so hopefully it'll speed up as the move along. And as everyone has said, definitely worth the wait. It's such a cool guitar!

thank you all very much. can u guys that have the dam thing already post some more videos.. if i can't have one its fun to watch and hear it be played and I've watched all the videos i can find on youtube/insta..

Rumor has it that Wildwood in Colorado will be receiving its first decent sized shipment in July. From what I understand it has been a trickle so far with zero Tungstun models yet. I am 7th on the wait list so crossing my fingers.

I wanted to thank you guys for helping me over the weekend. I ended up finding the dryer sheet fix on this board, and it has worked (so far). After changing my strings on Friday night, I could have sworn I did something to break the guitar. A few reads through this board, and it dawned on me. Recently removing the plastic covering on the pick guard, along with changing the strings while on carpet, plus a lot of hissing and popping when touching the guitar? Static electricity.

I've had my Silver Sky for a couple of months now. Still an excellent guitar. Now if they only would release a cobalt blue one....

Played a SS this weekend !!!
It is quite a guitar, the neck is just the perfect shape for me, nice and round , Great upper fret access.
I would rate this on in the top 1% of all the triple single coil guitars I have ever played. ( Since 72 when I got my first )
Some super small quibbles
Wish the tuner buttons were changeable - Tuners themselves are excellent, super smooth , hold tune 100% , I just wish they were like the Phase 3s and changeable.
One of my fellows players also said he liked the normal core PRS knobs and switch tip better that the ones on this guitar, it would be an easy switch.
And Last
I am still on the fence about the bridge pickup, ( This is an issue with all single coil bridge pickups for me ) love that is has the tone control, I really need more than an hour to really dig into the guitar. It sounds great and can be used ( unlike many I have played ) possibly a small pickup height adjustment is all it would need or its just the other tones are just that good.

It is quite a guitar, the neck is just the perfect shape for me, nice and round , Great upper fret access.
I would rate this on in the top 1% of all the triple single coil guitars I have ever played. ( Since 72 when I got my first )
Wish the tuner buttons were changeable - Tuners themselves are excellent, super smooth , hold tune 100% , I just wish they were like the Phase 3s and changeable.
One of my fellows players also said he liked the normal core PRS knobs and switch tip better that the ones on this guitar, it would be an easy switch.
And Last
I am still on the fence about the bridge pickup, ( This is an issue with all single coil bridge pickups for me ) love that is has the tone control, I really need more than an hour to really dig into the guitar. It sounds great and can be used ( unlike many I have played ) possibly a small pickup height adjustment is all it would need or its just the other tones are just that good.
On my humbucker guitars I play on the bridge pup mostly.
On the SS, I still use it a fair bit, but I do like positions closer to the middle. All the positions have something good to say. Love it.

And Last

You made it sound great! Glad you were impressed by it.

Back