The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Everything in me wants to like it, bond with it and keep it. I hope it'll be that way when I eventually get mine. And it's tungsten.
I've never owned a strat proper so I don't know what to expect.

There were a 3 on Reverb a couple of weeks ago. They were asking $3k for them. Just to be an a$$, I offered $2k. Didn't even get a "Delined Offer"
You can see on ebay in sold items that some did pay this price for second hand SS. :)

From the Guitar Sanctuary booth at the Dallas show.

31957644_10212295808375297_584507210323722240_n.jpg

I ordered my Silversky from Moore Guitars on March 20th. I am still waiting. I hope it arrives soon!
I ordered a Horizon from Moore the same day. Still waiting patiently......so close, and yet, so far.....

There were a 3 on Reverb a couple of weeks ago. They were asking $3k for them. Just to be an a$$, I offered $2k. Didn't even get a "Delined Offer"

You guy's are lucky, retail in the EU is around $3300,- with case. But it's worth it..

Just got mine today- very loud static when sliding fingers across guard !
The dryer sheet was not a fix !
Help...

I had the same thing the first time i took it out of the case. It went away after a while and never came back. But for me it's normal, all my vintage guitars buzz and pop from time to time, especially during spring.

But it can imagine that when you're not used to it, or when it's loud as hell, you need to have it fixed asap.

I'm afraid I can't help, as I have not experienced this with mine. Must be my location (Vancouver, Canada), or???
I see in another thread you've tried the dryer/static sheet.

No it's not normal. It could be a design problem due to the missing wood in the pickup cavity. Just knock on the pickguard and you hear that there is no wood underneath it. There are also pictures online with removed pickguard.

However it doesn't seem to affect all guitars. I don't know what really causes it, the missing wood sure adds to it.

If you're not happy with it return it.

Last edited:
No it's not normal. Seems to be a design problem due to the missing wood in the pickup cavity. Just knock on the pickguard and you hear that there is no wood underneath it. There are also pictures online with removed pickguard.

However it doesn't seem to affect all guitars. I don't know what really causes it, the missing wood sure adds to it.

If you're not happy with it return it.
What the heck are you talking about?! You must be joking, right?

What the heck are you talking about?! You must be joking, right?

Ok I try to find different words.
In my opinion and only my opinion the design of the pickup cavity is not the best choice. There is no wood around the pickups .The whole pickup cavity is basically "empty".
From my limited understanding this could maybe one reason for the static noise issue.
And this should not be a normal "noise" for a new guitar. And it also looks like that not every Silver Sky has this problem. So what exactly causes the problem I don't know but the design of the pickup cavity could add to that.

Is this better?

Back