The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Anybody come across one of these north of the border yet? I know, I know, the shipment went out on Friday. But I also know that I can drive to Maryland in about 8 hours from Ottawa :)

Call The Guitar Shop in Mississauga. They received some last week and at least one was not pre sold - might be gone by now though.

Thanks for the heads-up! I put down a deposit with my local dealer so I've got one with my name on it already - just don't have a clue when it's coming in. He said he put in his order for two right away when they were announced, so fingers crossed that it's coming sooner rather than later!

Thanks for the heads-up! I put down a deposit with my local dealer so I've got one with my name on it already - just don't have a clue when it's coming in. He said he put in his order for two right away when they were announced, so fingers crossed that it's coming sooner rather than later!

Nothing on my end yet. I am hoping mine was in that shipment on Friday but I still haven't heard a thing.

Guys, the shipments have to through the hands of a broker, a shipper, customs and US Fish and Wildlife just to name a few. It's not as easy as shipping a single guitar from one person to another. Thanks

Oh absolutely, I anticipated it would be a couple of weeks at least after you'd mentioned they'd shipped. It'll arrive when it arrives, and I know it will be worth the wait!

Until then, I shall live vicariously through this thread and YouTube.

First off,I'm a proud owner of 2 PRS Core models including a 10 Top and plan to pick a used CE 22 later this week. But that being said not getting a 'real case' is enough to stop me from purchasing this model. Is it really worth the savings to step down a level in the delivered product to save a $100 or possibly less? Even the 2003 CE 22 I'm eyeing has a HSC!

Does anyone know if a case will be available as an accessory at at later date?

Last edited:
First off,I'm a proud owner of 3 PRS Core models including a 10 Top and plan to pick a used CE 22 later this week. But that being said not getting a 'real case' is enough to stop me from purchasing this model. Is it really worth the savings to step down a level in the delivered product to save a $100 or possibly less? Even the 2003 CE 22 I'm eyeing has a HSC!

Does anyone know if a case will be available as an accessory at at later date?

The gigbag actually looks really good and is high quality.

That being said, answering ur question directly - yes the case will be available for purchase. Don't let that affect your decision of buying it!

I had initially wanted the hardcase but after seeing pics of the gigbag that Shawn posted, I'm indifferent between them.

The gigbag actually looks really good and is high quality.

That being said, answering ur question directly - yes the case will be available for purchase. Don't let that affect your decision of buying it!

I had initially wanted the hardcase but after seeing pics of the gigbag that Shawn posted, I'm indifferent between them.

I'm sure the bag is quality, everything Paul does is, just think they could have made it standard for a little less than a $200 after-thought. Even my $1200 Fenders came with ohsc. I'll keep an open mind, but think I will wait to see if the case gets made then decide or better yet bundled. Thanks

A question to all the Silver Sky owners: When the Silver Sky is plugged in and I touch (mostly accidentally while playing) the screw on the treble side of the middle pickup I get an annoying static noise. Only with this one screw, not on the bass side and not with the screws of the other two pickups. Maybe a grounding issue?

Same with your Silver Sky? Any suggestions how I can get rid of the noise?

I'm sure the bag is quality, everything Paul does is, just think they could have made it standard for a little less than a $200 after-thought. Even my $1200 Fenders came with ohsc. I'll keep an open mind, but think I will wait to see if the case gets made then decide or better yet bundled. Thanks
The best part is, you should have plenty of time to debate this in your mind. Probably 6-8 month wait list already.

Back