The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Finnaly at home!

My Second McCarty 594. the first is double cut, and this one is The Beast!
6VLdAxawRJevDRIm3iL49w.png

X-FSh9e8Q0KSpKPq7U6KjQ.png

Quick question guys. I'm so close to ordering one of these. Question is.. The faded whale blue 594s i see from older pics have a an orange back where the newer pics have black backs.

I really like the orange back, is there a separate color option for the back? Or is it a different type of wood? Also, is there that big of a diff between the 10 tops and non 10 tops? I feel like every video I watch and pics I see here are all 10 tops.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Quick question guys. I'm so close to ordering one of these. Question is.. The faded whale blue 594s i see from older pics have a an orange back where the newer pics have black backs.

I really like the orange back, is there a separate color option for the back? Or is it a different type of wood? Also, is there that big of a diff between the 10 tops and non 10 tops? I feel like every video I watch and pics I see here are all 10 tops.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Faded Whale Blue nearly always has a black back, unless specified otherwise via Artist Package or a Wood Library Run (or Private Stock, of course).

As far as 10 tops, it seems like most guitars have that option, but it's just an arguably nicer looking piece of wood. You can save some money by getting one without it.

Holy S###t! What a fine guitar. I want Blue fade on quilt so bad. Uhm! What a nice guitar. What dealer had this beauty? I wish they would do this on a Santana with a rosewood neck. Mercy!

I love the look of the 4 control knobs but I'm not sure on the location of the selector switch. I get the principle and with the 4 knobs where you going to put it but it just doesn't look right with the carve. Just my opinion. Now I'm not saying that would stop me from wanting one lol!

I love the look of the 4 control knobs but I'm not sure on the location of the selector switch. I get the principle and with the 4 knobs where you going to put it but it just doesn't look right with the carve. Just my opinion. Now I'm not saying that would stop me from wanting one lol!
Don’t worry, only takes about two minutes to get over that (I was the same way when the DC594 first came out). Looks great when you’re playing one! ;)

Nothing wrong with that! It's not traditional, and some players find it... arresting, for lack of a better term.

I'm used to the placement from several non-PRS models over the years. A couple decades with one of these makes it feel like that's where it belongs. Ditto the asymmetrical neck carve.

cKveUSh.jpg

Interesting little bits of shared DNA. I'll always see a metal machine inside 594s, they're just amazingly versatile.

Back