The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

The last couple of new 594s were really nice looking, especially the color of Shawn's double cut!

Here's my 594 dc in faded whale blue, which i've posted before but my photo bucket links all died. Since the last post, I've had the PTC change out the bridge pickup again from the covered 59/09 (which sounded very similar to the 57/08 I have in my SC 58) to the HFS; I chose the HFS because I no longer had a guitar with that pickup and wanted something a bit more aggressive as a counterpoint to my SC 58. I'm loving the results.

IsDABQG.jpg

The last couple of new 594s were really nice looking, especially the color of Shawn's double cut!

Here's my 594 dc in faded whale blue, which i've posted before but my photo bucket links all died. Since the last post, I've had the PTC change out the bridge pickup again from the covered 59/09 (which sounded very similar to the 57/08 I have in my SC 58) to the HFS; I chose the HFS because I no longer had a guitar with that pickup and wanted something a bit more aggressive as a counterpoint to my SC 58. I'm loving the results.

IsDABQG.jpg
Love faded whale, beautiful axe

That's a beautiful instrument and I love how you personalized it! I'm super pleased with my faded whale blue as well... just gorgeous.

I had cognitive dissonance the first time I saw the 594 toggle switch on the horn, enough to stay away from this model. Since that time it has really grown on me, to the effect I now have one on order!

Last edited:

IsDABQG.jpg
You're a freaking madman HFS in a 594? Haha love it!

IMG_0326_zpsc6cyoiny.jpg
I ended up getting one for Christmas. All of the pictures I took look nothing close to reality when compared to the photo from where I bought it. I wanted a non 10top but those sold out while I was deciding on colors. Talked to a rep and he knocked it to a more comfortable price. I wasn't sure how I'd like the weight or the thicker body but the weight is like my CE and the thickness I don't feel. Neck is awesome! everything except no treble bleeds or even 50s wiring is awesome..but I'm probably the only one with that complaint. Also dig the bridge. Though the ST on my HBII is fine by me also. I just know this is a life keeper. I'll have to get a family picture soon.
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/Afarewelltokings2112/IMG_0326_zpsc6cyoiny.jpg

IMG_0326_zpsc6cyoiny.jpg
I ended up getting one for Christmas. All of the pictures I took look nothing close to reality when compared to the photo from where I bought it. I wanted a non 10top but those sold out while I was deciding on colors. Talked to a rep and he knocked it to a more comfortable price. I wasn't sure how I'd like the weight or the thicker body but the weight is like my CE and the thickness I don't feel. Neck is awesome! everything except no treble bleeds or even 50s wiring is awesome..but I'm probably the only one with that complaint. Also dig the bridge. Though the ST on my HBII is fine by me also. I just know this is a life keeper. I'll have to get a family picture soon.
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/Afarewelltokings2112/IMG_0326_zpsc6cyoiny.jpg

Nice! I love Blood Orange.

I have been thinking of trying treble bleeds on mine.

I had cognitive dissonance the first time I saw the 594 toggle switch on the horn, enough to stay away from this model. Since that time it has really grown on me, to the effect I now have one on order!

Looks funny. Feels just right. PRSh says the higher capacitance from the longer cable run inside the guitar is part of the tonal recipe.

I got over it. :cool:

Nice! I love Blood Orange.

I have been thinking of trying treble bleeds on mine.
I'll let you know how it goes. It's either that or 50s wiring... which given the theme of the guitar might be an option.
Though I think PRS had the treble bleed value just right so, it's hard to decide which way I want to go. Love the guitar either way. I'm sure there's a reason they built it that way but, I don't like darkness when I roll back. I just wish they included it because it's easier to clip it out than solder one in. But, I'm ordering the little mud blocking tone devices tonight.

IMG_0326_zpsc6cyoiny.jpg

Congrats on a killer score! I traveled around and did a lot of product training with a Blood Orange 594. It quickly became a favorite of mine and it was a big influence on me when it came time to choose a model for my 15 year guitar.

Back