The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Question for you guys. Can these guitars along with the 58/15 LT pickups do high gain really well?

I love how these guitars look but the low output PU have been making me curious.

I play about 50% metal and the rest will be anything from blues to ballads.

Any help would be appreciated as I am looking to buy one soon.

Thanks!

I personally think so, though I don't play a ton of metal. I like the scooped midrange and clarity of the LT. They won't push your amp like high power pickups, but you can make up for it with a gain pedal or your amp.

Some folks have been enjoying a 59/09 in the bridge paired up with the LT neck to get some push for higher gain.

I now have a couple of guitars with these pickups. These pickups are pretty low output, so you will really hear primarily the gain sound of your amp, which can be very nice! As long as your amp has the gain necessary, as you will have to turn it up more than usual. Still, I'm not sure that you will be satisfied with these pickups when playing 50% metal. There is a noticeable difference. I also have the 58/15 NON-LT, and these are noticeably higher gain and I'd be more comfortable in them getting you where you need to be.

Kevin

I personally think so, though I don't play a ton of metal. I like the scooped midrange and clarity of the LT. They won't push your amp like high power pickups, but you can make up for it with a gain pedal or your amp.

Some folks have been enjoying a 59/09 in the bridge paired up with the LT neck to get some push for higher gain.

Thank you guys for the reply. I will do some more research before deciding. Perhaps I can always replace the PUs after I buy it stock.

I know some of you are thinking "why don't you go to a store and try one out first?" But here in toronto I don't see any local music stores with these guitars in stock : ( If someone knows a place that carries them around here please let me know!

Thanks

Thank you guys for the reply. I will do some more research before deciding. Perhaps I can always replace the PUs after I buy it stock.

I know some of you are thinking "why don't you go to a store and try one out first?" But here in toronto I don't see any local music stores with these guitars in stock : ( If someone knows a place that carries them around here please let me know!

Thanks

Depends on what kind of metal you're talking about. Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, etc....yes. Something harder, or thrashier, not so much. The 59/09 in the bridge makes it even more fun!

Thanks

PRS makes an \m/ pickup for metal. The 58/15s aren’t designed for that, although one man’s meat is another man’s cheese...so...who knows what you’ll like?

Depends on what kind of metal you're talking about. Priest, Maiden, Ozzy, etc....yes. Something harder, or thrashier, not so much. The 59/09 in the bridge makes it even more fun!

PRS makes an \m/ pickup for metal. The 58/15s aren’t designed for that, although one man’s meat is another man’s cheese...so...who knows what you’ll

I'm planning on pairing it with a mesa boogie mark v eventually. I believe that amp should have enough gain for the heavy stuff.

Mccarty 594 is not Your shred machine.
The neck is wide and Fat and not so fast as You maybe want for Metal.
You can play metal because I have one Engl Blackmore and I can play metal with my 594.
But for blues and o
Question for you guys. Can these guitars along with the 58/15 LT pickups do high gain really well?

I love how these guitars look but the low output PU have been making me curious.

I play about 50% metal and the rest will be anything from blues to ballads.

Any help would be appreciated as I am looking to buy one soon.

Thanks!
You can play metal because I have one Engl Blackmore and I can play metal with my 594.
But for blues and other styles you can't have a better guitar.
I trade my Custom 24 with 85/15 pickups for the McCarty 594 and I could not be happier. But I think Custom 24 is better for metal.

But for blues and o

But for blues and other styles you can't have a better guitar.
I trade my Custom 24 with 85/15 pickups for the McCarty 594 and I could not be happier. But I think Custom 24 is better for metal.

Great to hear. Yeah, I'm not looking to shred on it since I have an Ibanez S-series for things like that. What my Ibanez can't do is get a nice thick fat sound with some good bottom end to it.

Great to hear. Yeah, I'm not looking to shred on it since I have an Ibanez S-series for things like that. What my Ibanez can't do is get a nice thick fat sound with some good bottom end to it.
So Don't wait more , buy a Mccarty 594 and you could not be happier. I love use it with Tube screamer and less Gain on Amp. Guitar have lots of sustain you can make it sing and cry ' a la Gary moore'

I'm planning on pairing it with a mesa boogie mark v eventually. I believe that amp should have enough gain for the heavy stuff.

Running with a Mark IV currently, soon to be a Mark V, and the bridge LT indeed keeps up better than I'd originally anticipated. It's still sooo tempting to pop a 59/09 in there though.

Yep - saw Bryan Ewald do a demo w/the 85/15s, and it had that classic metal sound.

Thanks
If you feel like a short road trip, The Guitar Shop in Port Credit has the 594 in stock and has Boogie amps you can run them through to help.

Cosmo Music in Richmond hill has them as well.

https://www.theguitarshop.ca/

https://cosmomusic.ca/

i was playing a 594 single cut the other day with 5909 in the bridge through a very dirty Archon amp and that thing was sounding HUGE. i'm definitely a more modern player than that suited my needs very nicely. it might not do ALL types of heavy music perfectly but it was by no means bad.

Running with a Mark IV currently, soon to be a Mark V, and the bridge LT indeed keeps up better than I'd originally anticipated. It's still sooo tempting to pop a 59/09 in there though.

Funny you mention the Mark IV, I actually just ordered the Mark V last week! I'm really curious to hear how the combination of a 594 and Mark V will sound. I was originally wanting to buy a CU22 when they used to have to stop tail option but now they removed that option from the core lineup. Also just can't get over how beautiful the 594 look.... I know I should guitars based on the sound I want but the 594 is literally the perfect looking guitar IMO.

If you feel like a short road trip, The Guitar Shop in Port Credit has the 594 in stock and has Boogie amps you can run them through to help.

Cosmo Music in Richmond hill has them as well.

https://www.theguitarshop.ca/

https://cosmomusic.ca/

Never heard of The guitar Shop, thanks for that! I'll definitely give them a call!

When I was at the factory for a tour they had one of these in the front room, so I finally got to play one. I was pretty impressed. Compared to the Vela that was right next to it, this thing sounded just massive.

Not mine, but this is one of the best I've seen. Beautiful work from the Private Stock team.

36988065154_b8b2fca843_h.jpg

Last edited:
I just joined the 594 club today. I saw it at Brian's Guitars and couldn't leave without it. My first Private Stock. It's a 594 with a Quilted Maple top in Sub Zero Glow Smoked Burst with a Black Limba back with matching plates, semi-hollow (no F hole). The neck is Korina with the 12th fret bird inlay on the heel. The inlays are Chrysocolla birds with Mother of Pearl outlines. The hardware is Black/Smoked Chrome.
594-1.jpg

594-2.jpg

594-4.jpg

594-5.jpg

I just joined the 594 club today. I saw it at Brian's Guitars and couldn't leave without it. My first Private Stock. It's a 594 with a Quilted Maple top in Sub Zero Glow Smoked Burst with a Black Limba back with matching plates, semi-hollow (no F hole). The neck is Korina with the 12th fret bird inlay on the heel. The inlays are Chrysocolla birds with Mother of Pearl outlines. The hardware is Black/Smoked Chrome.
594-1.jpg

594-2.jpg

594-4.jpg

594-5.jpg
Gorgeous!
Way to join the club

Back