The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Yeah man! Somebody has to keep the love flowing now that Pete has forsaken us for the Singlecut variant. :p

I had all six strings off mine for the first time last night to give the fretboard an oiling. All cleaned up, tuned up and ready for a gig tomorrow night. First gig in over six months and only the second one with the 594.

Ha! I still love you guys over on this thread. ;)

Good luck with the gig, Garrett! I wish I was playing out these days, I miss that. And if I were, it would likely be with a Doublecut! :)

Hangar18 - Sweet new acquisition!! Two amazing colors, and those tops are nearly identical, amazing!!

Ha! I still love you guys over on this thread. ;)

Good luck with the gig, Garrett! I wish I was playing out these days, I miss that. And if I were, it would likely be with a Doublecut! :)

Hangar18 - Sweet new acquisition!! Two amazing colors, and those tops are nearly identical, amazing!!

Thanks bud! I haven't gigged regularly since my hand surgery back in September, which is coincidentally when I got my 594. By the time I was ready to go again in November, full band gigs had dried up. Several places around here are staying committed to live music, but have cut back to duos or trios to save some money, and I don't usually get the call for those gigs.

I sure miss playing out regularly. One or two gigs a month was great for me. Now between work and life I just don't have the energy to start something of my own or to deal with auditioning. Oh well, I'm having a good time playing what I want at home too.

Great gig last night. I have always played through a pristine clean amp in the past, but I'm finding that the happy place for the LT pickups is a dirty base tone, on top of which you can layer OD and boost when needed. Nothing crazy, just that edge of breakup sound that allows you to get clean-ish with lighter picking and/or a small twist of the volume knob. I also like the bit of grit added to the delay by running it into the front of the amp that way.

Everyone always agrees this guitar is a looker, but I'm always happy to reply that it sounds and plays as good as it looks! Truly an inspirational guitar to play.

Great gig last night. I have always played through a pristine clean amp in the past, but I'm finding that the happy place for the LT pickups is a dirty base tone, on top of which you can layer OD and boost when needed. Nothing crazy, just that edge of breakup sound that allows you to get clean-ish with lighter picking and/or a small twist of the volume knob. I also like the bit of grit added to the delay by running it into the front of the amp that way.

Everyone always agrees this guitar is a looker, but I'm always happy to reply that it sounds and plays as good as it looks! Truly an inspirational guitar to play.

I dig that picture!

Got this yesterday, my pick out of dozens of McCarty 594s I looked at online the past couple of weeks. My first PRS and second electric, the first being a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard. It's absolutely stunning in person and I feel very lucky to own such a nice guitar. Amazing quality and craftsmanship.
594-1.jpg
594-3.jpg
594--4.jpg
594-4.jpg
594-5.jpg
594-7.jpg
594-8.jpg
594-10.jpg
594-11.jpg

Last edited:
It really is a "Wood Library" having 5 different kinds of wood...

Flame maple 10 top
S.A. ribbon mahogany body
E.I. rosewood neck
Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay
Cocobolo fretboard

Maybe that's why it weighs in at a beefy 8lbs 12oz. Seems a little heavier than what most people are reporting throughout this thread. Still lighter than my Les Paul tho :)

Last edited:
It really is a "Wood Library" having 5 different kinds of wood...

Flame maple 10 top
S.A. ribbon mahogany body
E.I. rosewood neck
Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay
Cocobolo fretboard

Maybe that's why it weighs in at a beefy 8lbs 12oz. Seems a little heavier than what most people are reporting throughout this thread. Still lighter than my Les Paul tho :)

Beautiful guitar! Love the green. I bet your LP will get very lonely.

Got this yesterday, my pick out of dozens of McCarty 594s I looked at online the past couple of weeks. My first PRS and second electric, the first being a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard. It's absolutely stunning in person and I feel very lucky to own such a nice guitar. Amazing quality and craftsmanship.
594-1.jpg
594-3.jpg
594--4.jpg
594-4.jpg
594-5.jpg
594-7.jpg
594-8.jpg
594-10.jpg
594-11.jpg

Jackpot! I love that color and the rosewood neck has got to feel incredible!

594-1.jpg
594-3.jpg
594--4.jpg
594-4.jpg
594-5.jpg
594-7.jpg
594-8.jpg
594-10.jpg
594-11.jpg
Beautiful!

594-1.jpg
594--4.jpg
594-10.jpg

Hotness! Absolutely love the finish. They're such a pleasure specced this way -- that rosewood neck will treat you quite well. Congrats!

Back