The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

I updated my Private Stock DC 594 (Semi-Hollow with no F-Hole) to Ivoroid Pickup Rings, Switch Tip and Tuner Knobs. Was originally Cocobolo, pic below:

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

I like it either way, I think the Cocobolo makes it look more fancy and custom, and the Ivoroid makes it look a little more "mainstream"...

What do you guys think?

I also like the dark wood pickup rings. Did you get those from PRS? I would love to do ones in curly maple to match the neck binding on my private stocks.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I like either/both, but I am glad to be enjoying it with the Ivoroid parts, I feel like I got a new guitar! ;)

Is swear I saw this one on Reverb the other day...

Yes, it is up for sale there. But it's still mine to enjoy until someone buys it! ;) I love it, but I somehow got a little carried away with new 594 Private Stock orders...

I also like the dark wood pickup rings. Did you get those from PRS? I would love to do ones in curly maple to match the neck binding on my private stocks.

I got them with the guitar originally. Other than getting with a new Private Stock, I don't think PRS sells them. (They show some wooden pickup rings on the "Parts" section of the Accessories store, but they show as discontinued.) But there are some third party places that make some, I can't remember any off the top of my head...

This is probably not one you've seen around here before, but.....LOL!! Truth is, I said "please?" and Pete said "yes', and now it's just up to the the FedEx guy to get 'er here to Orlando. Many thanks again, Pete...you're a "Prince amongst 594's" to deal with and I sincerely appreciate it! And I'm counting the minutes until Wednesday....

Congrats, Doug!! That is a great one.

I am shocked now that I am completely without any Doublecut 594's, just Singlecuts at this point. I may get another Doublecut down the road, I still love those, but right now I am very occupied with the Singlecuts, and an obsession with JTM45/Plexi clone amps as well.

Never a dull moment!! :)

Enjoy that beauty!

I rarely leave the "Lead" setting (based on a plexi) on my Yamaha THR10. It just sounds so good with the 594 (or anything, really).

Yes, I have a Yamaha THR10 as well, in my Apartment in CA with my Tobacco WL SC 594. Great combination! I dig the "Lead" setting as well, it is there about 90% of the time for me as well, with some nice Spring Reverb. ;)

From one piece of brown leather furniture to another :D....this PS 594 is truly everything Pete has described in past posts. The "hollow body" aspect of this particular PS (with no "f" hole) gives it a bell/piano quality both acoustically and plugged in, and is very different than my other solid-body PS 594. Out of 90+ higher-end guitars in my collection, this new 594 is the most "musical" of all of them (CS/LP's, MB/Strat's, Suhr's, Anderson's, Gretsch, etc., etc., and a few other PRS's), with the exception of my McGill Super Ace (but it's not fair to throw a McGill into any comparison...different planet stuff musically, for sure!!). So thanks again, Pete, for your willingness to part with her...she's gonna be put to good use and highly doubtful that this one will ever leave my possession. Oh, and if I ever decide to acquire another Private Stock, I hope that you will be so kind as to help spec it for me LOL!!

Congrats again, Doug! I am glad this went to you, and that you love it so much.

Great pic!! That quilt top, and that finish, it looks like it's on fire!

Killer guitar, I am proud that I personally spec'ed that, one of my finest creations in the Private Stock Vault, I think! :)

First post. Better make it a good one. ;)
I joined the club! Let go of 2 other PRS guitars and bought this one.. Fell in love with it, the minute I picked it up. It just feels right.
Beautiful clean and crunchy sounds from the LT pickups. Still on the fence about the high gain tones. I might change the bridge PU for a "normal" PAF, like a Lollar Imperial or something. Any of you guys do high gain with a stock 594?

20170522113750-674c0f78-me.jpg

20170522113750-582fc113-me.jpg

I joined the club! Let go of 2 other PRS guitars and bought this one.. Fell in love with it, the minute I picked it up. It just feels right.
Beautiful clean and crunchy sounds from the LT pickups. Still on the fence about the high gain tones. I might change the bridge PU for a "normal" PAF, like a Lollar Imperial or something. Any of you guys do high gain with a stock 594?

Gorgeous guitar!

I'm not a high gain guy, but I've done high gain through my Yamaha THR10 for grins. Sounded darn good to me! The clarity of the LT pups is my friend in that context. You could always push things a little harder with a boost in front of your dirt.

Hottie! I picked up one of Brian's Wood Library 594s with the 59/09 in the neck. Better suited to what you're looking for, IMHO.

Hottie! I picked up one of Brian's Wood Library 594s with the 59/09 in the neck. Better suited to what you're looking for, IMHO.

Yeah, I think I will give something like that a try. Took her to rehearsal, last night. I couldn't get the gain up to where I wanted on my amp (I am a bit of a high gain addict) without the pickups squealing. Could it be these pickups are unpotted? The 58/15 LT sound fantastic for clean and mid-gain sounds! Unfortunately, I need a little more than that...

I had a set of Lollar Imperials in the PRS I traded for this one. Think I'll give those a try.

I rarely leave the "Lead" setting (based on a plexi) on my Yamaha THR10. It just sounds so good with the 594 (or anything, really).

Nice! Lead is my favorite too. These THR's are such cool little coffee table amps. I normally don't like modeling stuff, but these sound great, they even take pedals well (I like a little TS boost to Lead), and you can play at night without drawing the wrath of neighbors.:cool:

Stumpin' & bumpin' for the original doublecut PRS McCarty 594.

Now I've got two of them!
PRS2016_McCarty594.jpg

PRS2017-594RiverBlue01.jpg

d1596232856e39ad3f43c2bad2fa847bc02e817f0b149481e7c547e4344cb27d.jpg

Yeah man! Somebody has to keep the love flowing now that Pete has forsaken us for the Singlecut variant. :p

I had all six strings off mine for the first time last night to give the fretboard an oiling. All cleaned up, tuned up and ready for a gig tomorrow night. First gig in over six months and only the second one with the 594.

Back