The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Just excellent!!! Saw one on that blog post with a very tight chevron flame. I pray you don't receive that one...... I will be supremely jealous....

I am really picky with regards to tops, which is why picking my own seems to always work the best! ;)

I eagerly await to see how the one coming in looks, but even more so how it feels and sounds!!

Oddly enough, while I really appreciate a beautiful top, I'm not as picky as most. Though often I seem to luck out!

Even on the PS acoustic I spec'd out, the wood was picked by Jack Gretz and Paul Smith, and I simply went with their picks. Turned out to be gorgeous, but they also tapped wood for tonal qualities, so I'm not sure what the process was; I wasn't there for it.

When I don't buy one from dealer stock, part of the fun for me is placing an order, and being surprised by what happens. I kind of like the "lucky strike" aspect of it.

I got crazy-lucky with that 20th Anniversary of PS guitar. Never saw or heard it before placing the order. It's the most wonderful sounding guitar I've ever played, and it's gorgeous. Kind of like meeting the woman of your dreams in both looks and personality -- and she likes you.

So maybe that'll happen for you with that 594.

When are some of these PS designs like the McCarty Singlecut going to hit production?!?

Paul, you're such a tease.

When are some of these PS designs like the McCarty Singlecut going to hit production?!?

Paul, you're such a tease.

the McSC is fairly similar in a lot of respects to the current SC 245 IMO and there may or may not be room for producing such an instrument. I do hope some sort of 594 variation makes it as I think it is quite different than anything else offered in the core series. I actually think it would do well, but like you I may be patiently waiting for something that never happens.

Have to admit I think the amp tone on the Ewald video is terrible - doesn't show off the guitar at all!
I'm probably in a minority here, but I agree. The PRS amps sound harsh and grainy. I'd like to hear the 594 through a Two Rock or Super Reverb. But, to each, their own

I'm probably in a minority here, but I agree. The PRS amps sound harsh and grainy. I'd like to hear the 594 through a Two Rock or Super Reverb. But, to each, their own

Having played Two-Rocks exclusively for 12 years (I had 6 of them) I can say with complete honesty that the PRS amps are all about how you set them up. Though this is no different with any amp.

I play PRS amps now, the HXDA and DG30.

You can do great things with PRS amps, and make them sound good, bad or indifferent. It's the same with a T-R, by the way. I've heard plenty of them set up by folks who didn't do what I'd have done!

Just excellent!!! Saw one on that blog post with a very tight chevron flame. I pray you don't receive that one...... I will be supremely jealous....

I am really picky with regards to tops, which is why picking my own seems to always work the best! ;)

I eagerly await to see how the one coming in looks, but even more so how it feels and sounds!!

Oddly enough, while I really appreciate a beautiful top, I'm not as picky as most. Though often I seem to luck out!

Even on the PS acoustic I spec'd out, the wood was picked by Jack Gretz and Paul Smith, and I simply went with their picks. Turned out to be gorgeous, but they also tapped wood for tonal qualities, so I'm not sure what the process was; I wasn't there for it.

When I don't buy one from dealer stock, part of the fun for me is placing an order, and being surprised by what happens. I kind of like the "lucky strike" aspect of it.

I got crazy-lucky with that 20th Anniversary of PS guitar. Never saw or heard it before placing the order. It's the most wonderful sounding guitar I've ever played, and it's gorgeous. Kind of like meeting the woman of your dreams in both looks and personality -- and she likes you.

So maybe that'll happen for you with that 594.

With all the comments re tops, including from myself, I don't think we need to discuss that anymore, here is my guitar:

r8Z69ooTkzsVazDUV3tJbtEe7PfbTkjev93cDHjF-5HMCCuwWhVcZYExEepIYrxshzEckwRU109C6HfDla_V4XgE1wnD1Af4qdoPVvRW0P8WuuBD0OymZF8pjca1840mrNG_pH9oL3dj7Zhm9vCn0g9uqi0SYsrCQebpmcRKkvfmKNRFNLRUIFeV2Yq85pvi99XJDb8KMmn8Tyr39foF5QM3c9nmtY-L18oE_dlog_pQm5DWkZN3aM0KDUKFb730D0NWsF1FFMVQBNSZp2m0tD_cX6SmMhSe1OS8VeLUkzRYtCXwSStL-YTivEgafhpjvWf39w84Efkl-wd2BBUTO8I4OngF9HriE7RVwijL0wH4k-Iv8-_IlXMYegTiVPACqTfI0KCZB4VF3KnwS6RhutflqGN9THnN7gSQygiFKP0QdHjS85-OM04avormSSPnVm53BPNXED6Mrooytf79vneFV00-Wup9nfEQTZvFoY4CbCHJ8gPTMheAyNdCGd6dnYQE-x1daQ1UCVxm7FfsdV06xKSHjaVgaZo5Pem2mK5plQQSz3QK8BBBmxTxVxKCCRop=w1664-h2218-no

gy7ZJLPvXmu-HvYvL87vensdYU7hTmVzylgxJoEgxWNPQ1JoxMZXioCpvs6Loz5kU87wfgaNYB9QtvHlqwoKXd5kFvycX-ui_HFXrOWOFpQ0HCgMPSfNP8QOgburGtzIHb4kdVdydrC76LN4z501Fs9vsktn2cU2DlIw2XH-hNKqbwOevd89cVDXzKlnXCZdKBiL8qkGdjyfj4pjX9Rnl8zHjigBtLxp2SaLkRjTVNTIklGnLnpUx-mNuZa2hV8_PEUF6blhnBA7ruCofQk2HiELX8n475MTpjOprC5FP4hl_-_Kzrq18MOkPJzPiANkK0DnLxe2gsaEl4-jRqwHMjN7YmXo5AxC4mtkKfAzjaS8skKxUtgozDlvPpZmVfOkMLgPxsHw_kMgHy0kRBnQFjtUHijB_7QiKma5OGZ37YLYmj-5ESulJsuMvNge_IE5sWBnN6ikGHkdRcGplSiRswHdgTMmXjxmg9XejJA33C4-SNAbQ-IFxUKUU2FnaBoyuEECmonV_ngxIOkxXRFEKE0nnVJPDElgMOeAQCt9EEmgKn9384LgVOssNNglaaqiGM6d=w1686-h2246-no

WOW!!! Killer flame top, I love it!

More importantly, Eric says it plays and sounds amazing.

Can't wait to get it in my hands!!

Last edited:
Wow, that is sweet!
I couldn't find anything I didn't like about that top.
Will need a tone report once you've spent some time with it.

With all the comments re tops, including from myself, I don't think we need to discuss that anymore, here is my guitar:

v1xjC3XoLJKpW7zSuS8TxW5FItPc_zym5jpVexokrMlkYBc3WFTYQHrz2HcgRY8xWyLwbPspF9gKnQQTxmH2khg3qr5o6_wU4qaS48Xv1PycTc-hP9G6tGJlivKSmce7-AmH7VXBPFflWCpUjQimupYpC6avRmJJLKPAhzUa-QO0TjrOxuhCL4KpUy4tyNJijZSHTyNBeq0z6Ya9385-ckgz3rnIQcBFh-XfjCb3k4nqtWgbJhJqGV6TqMw40A4GeOG5u5Ayc2-JTJmPFCF_nHrjk650WKiIxFlAKqkwIFCt_MjSnJ1PiSfnx3M_pWtlkAel-Tp10jcO37m1QG_8SO4CWLRFgrM1TR59joOjYYe85QcKlTdlHH8jNsoNeZRFjCEuKv_wvVp08LJdux2F-eR4g0XdTy0Ezq22SnM06Ci5NPuqoB7i7bJ-YbV9mOq9r0Q5Wrm04tw3gFlT31ybpq9Yp4DZbFtmWyZboJKeWJBm1obmMaEfHkL2z4m3mGICrnUVdyB_RX7RiFnW38SMJ2gr1AZ6g3sKn1gHqa5dNel7x7CExUmAT5Zlm6l1wthepyp4=w938-h1250-no

3n2KaVsG1LGqApV0fx5aBKGzI9RcU34K385PjtKm5GX0kpK_C5rbglTMbfHPxVKpdghkC0CtAz6h6rCeQnor2iyskWFl07O5XeEx5JFBp8rzs3xLBBQL8uUHlkHhk_Pttz3LmpRmkd9fcPs6Ioox8Sa3vtbGXRCCHH8--aHywOpoLU6H_5VyAlKb5jnqghAqqkP48fcyGKO9DcQtf_DsYP6acDveQ5VHE0qMJNUBm1V4jpRccVSKt_rzh8Whupp6_MuYjCLuAVcITYmEPmIErGMyIgPAVMcyDkfDW3aU_WUUM2qoq5AZJKXnH25jjBbNHGGXqYGlD1CTBqg1qe9q4_LiCFciMd9nu_vrudKfGFllYOg8Z4AD1OGiN8uE4hnyFctN9u1ho-59GRCHIjAn8jb-2-TNqOjbhXMZjxy80jOPJtOsNWpsdm9aezdAe47PDwYVAg8E6xKCis2Ua3AtqZBbJlTE6wGMMqlsJZam6HmKBwnchUVSzh-dvToXwRkn9xs10938X1CxFy7ztx6IB5OXDaK6aJTxAwXtFfvASZZSUoETWqAK8BWbdWZsukeyuHHB=w938-h1250-no

WOW!!! Killer flame top, I love it!

More importantly, Eric says it plays and sounds amazing.

Can't wait to get it in my hands!!

That's one superb axe! Was just talking with a friend about them the other day, I bet it's going to sound delicious.

Hmm, mine worked on my phone, not the computer. Send that guitar over here and I'll make sure everyone can see pictures of it!

That looks Great Pete! i can´t wait for a tone report.

Very excited to hear one of these in person! Mayer certainly has ears so it is a good endorsement.

I've never tried a PRS amp (I should!) but I'm sure they can sound good. The settings he has on it though - it really doesn't make for good listening IMO.

I might be getting one of these, haven't quite decided if I should go with one of the 26 or do a special build and have a rosewood neck (IRW).

I briefly had a MEQ and didn't like the tone of it -felt base heavy and a bit muddy (the neck felt great though). So now I'm wondering if it's the RW neck or the 53/10s that resulted in me not liking the tone. -comparison is my CU24 w 59/09
Any thoughts?

Back