The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Thanks, Pete! Great discussion. One of the new things I've heard very little discussion regarding is the new asymmetrical neck. I SO love the wide fat and pattern necks, and I'm hoping this does them justice. Will very much look forward to your thoughts on that. And I strongly agree with your thoughts regarding the new bronze 2 piece bridge. So nice!

Kevin

The demos of the clean sounds are wonderful - juicy, warm, sweet, vintage-sounding; exactly what I like. Great, classic tones.

It reminds me of the tone I get with the McCarty Singlecut, only in a lighter package with splittable pickups - and it's maybe a bit clearer on the top end.

Really nice. Do want.

Someone check out Facebook. There is a video on the page about Pauls birthday and he is holding a guitar like the 594 without the switch in the upper horn. looks great! I do not know how to post videos.

Someone check out Facebook. There is a video on the page about Pauls birthday and he is holding a guitar like the 594 without the switch in the upper horn. looks great! I do not know how to post videos.

Nice!! But it looks like it DOES have the toggle on the upper horn, like a true 594. Much different color, though. Nice!!

Kevin

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Nice!! But it looks like it DOES have the toggle on the upper horn, like a true 594. Much different color, though. Nice!!

Kevin

Yes, the switch is there, here is a cropped screenshot:

QbNYCyZjCjpWW64TXmlhwRcTUAsN7aOFL6qEYv01kkbuZG8oZoque34snJjDixkMEKRRnEBHiPkS1GnWNRfxVBF7KI00afT86LEmncaUWtt_gAyFsrha8KpFIoxxRLkcrQmvpIegYUTrirYUeB3aHo2gLY_v3vxFZ-VmWJycVxn3t0a6KHa3D7W3km9X_oh203uWAWiKjx1r0JvGyN2diDnaRAthax2-Vg1XinCPcV7eK7ZEefjSu1v-wHJWZr_csuGQTpr8Ur7PXxfao1ORQ80uBt7kbsyoJewIEqClJJL_YCcGvJuG7vHQYw-Pgy2dX2aoPnHGbFhB36Lkw79YX8IqK944Hoh8ayUdI4AJlCm4i-sswVd4TcbcvTVwlj5_RFeVAekAnqC9Qjl1g0m6TzVo0KQi3PeSLxzh7DvEl9A3GsCPr8LNUc7Kw-s30VzH_WFpfJI15sBiLnv9wKnJ_I29hvNB_jpgrTM5qcX2nwdZJwQs1bW4LfcbhsIpix20oxqXFsI7DTWB_5D5v3dkT6i8XgLYyVg-14qhXvlBsSOLrtFNPnI9VOS2ffQ162J0Ixx8=w362-h389-no

A Charcoal Burst 594, AWESOME!!!

Note it also does not have the "Aluminum Bronze" Bridge material, just the regular two-piece bridge.

I will be there on Tuesday, I am getting pretty excited for the visit! ;)

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, Paul!!

Thanks, Pete! Great discussion. One of the new things I've heard very little discussion regarding is the new asymmetrical neck. I SO love the wide fat and pattern necks, and I'm hoping this does them justice. Will very much look forward to your thoughts on that. And I strongly agree with your thoughts regarding the new bronze 2 piece bridge. So nice!

Kevin

Kevin:

Yes, I am a huge fan of both the Pattern and WF necks as well. Of my 5 PRSi, 4 are Pattern and 1 is WF. Of the two, I think I like the Pattern Neck a little better. I went WF on the latest PS, the DC 245 Ted in Citrus Glow, just to mix it up and remember the WF, and I am glad I did that. Very similar, same nut width, just a little bit beefier of a shape.

I am hoping the new Pattern Vintage is just as good, if not better! ;)

-Pete

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Yes, the switch is there, here is a cropped screenshot:

QbNYCyZjCjpWW64TXmlhwRcTUAsN7aOFL6qEYv01kkbuZG8oZoque34snJjDixkMEKRRnEBHiPkS1GnWNRfxVBF7KI00afT86LEmncaUWtt_gAyFsrha8KpFIoxxRLkcrQmvpIegYUTrirYUeB3aHo2gLY_v3vxFZ-VmWJycVxn3t0a6KHa3D7W3km9X_oh203uWAWiKjx1r0JvGyN2diDnaRAthax2-Vg1XinCPcV7eK7ZEefjSu1v-wHJWZr_csuGQTpr8Ur7PXxfao1ORQ80uBt7kbsyoJewIEqClJJL_YCcGvJuG7vHQYw-Pgy2dX2aoPnHGbFhB36Lkw79YX8IqK944Hoh8ayUdI4AJlCm4i-sswVd4TcbcvTVwlj5_RFeVAekAnqC9Qjl1g0m6TzVo0KQi3PeSLxzh7DvEl9A3GsCPr8LNUc7Kw-s30VzH_WFpfJI15sBiLnv9wKnJ_I29hvNB_jpgrTM5qcX2nwdZJwQs1bW4LfcbhsIpix20oxqXFsI7DTWB_5D5v3dkT6i8XgLYyVg-14qhXvlBsSOLrtFNPnI9VOS2ffQ162J0Ixx8=w362-h389-no

A Charcoal Burst 594, AWESOME!!!

Note it also does not have the "Aluminum Bronze" Bridge material, just the regular two-piece bridge.

I will be there on Tuesday, I am getting pretty excited for the visit! ;)

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, Paul!!

I saw this too. I also noticed it doesn't appear to have binding. I wonder if that's a prototype. Are all of the "26" in McCarty Burst?

You Bet! Yes it sure does have the switch. I was so caught up in making sure I saw the two piece bridge and four knobs, Paul already had his hand on the upper bout. You know Musik Messe is about 5 weeks away. I wonder if this debuts there and into the core line. Whaaat!

If I were to spec one identical to McCarty 594 through the private stock program, will it be about the same price as one of the 26 Feb guitar of the month ones or will it be cheaper since it won't be considered as one of the special runs?

That is a good question. I would not expect it to be cheaper. As a single custom PS order I would anticipate, if anything, it would be slightly more expensive.

I know that others are more familiar with the workings of the PS program than me, though.

Please chime in!
Kevin

If I were to spec one identical to McCarty 594 through the private stock program, will it be about the same price as one of the 26 Feb guitar of the month ones or will it be cheaper since it won't be considered as one of the special runs?

It'd depend on how you spec it. By the time you get to PS, you're getting pretty spendy, so...as Foghorn Leghorn used to say, you pays your money, you takes your chances. ;)

That is a good question. I would not expect it to be cheaper. As a single custom PS order I would anticipate, if anything, it would be slightly more expensive.

I know that others are more familiar with the workings of the PS program than me, though.

Please chime in!
Kevin

It'd depend on how you spec it. By the time you get to PS, you're getting pretty spendy, so...as Foghorn Leghorn used to say, you pays your money, you takes your chances. ;)

Good questions and comments. From my experience with spec'ing several Private Stock guitars (spec'ed 5 at this point, plus have purchased a few beyond that from dealers), my input is that Les is right when he says "It'd depend on how you spec it", like any Private Stock guitar. For instance spec'ing Charcoal Burst guitar Paul is holding above would likely be less expensive than spec'ing one like the run of 26, as doing Maple Binding around the Neck is an upcharge, as is doing Maple Binding around the Headstock. The Charcoal Burst guitar has neither. A Rosewood Neck, for instance, would add cost. Fancier inlay materials and configurations add cost.

Theoretically, to djilee0721's original question, you might be able to spec one that would cost less than the run of 26, but not because it is not part of the limited run, but because it has less costly of a spec. Ditch the Maple binding on the neck and headstock, and the Outlines on the inlays, for instance, and I would guess that would result in a lower cost.

That being said, I like those fancy upgrades, keep them on there for me! ;)

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/meet_the_february_private_stock_guitar_of_the_month

From Hunter today on the PSF thread. (Thanks, Hunter!!) Some great pics there of 594's being built!

Also I found out that the one I have reserved is shipping from PRS to the dealer today! I hope to have it by the end of next week.

Woo-hoo!!

Just excellent!!! Saw one on that blog post with a very tight chevron flame. I pray you don't receive that one...... I will be supremely jealous....

Back