Votes: 2 3.2%
  • write in - your choices are all lame

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
I thought I would try segmenting some of the aspects of a forum guitar to see if we might converge on something in little steps. First up the woods for the neck. A while ago I wrote up some of my experiences with different neck woods - highly subjective and personal, but I'll share a link to them.
In the poll I deliberately left out some exotics like Braz and perny because I think it pushes the price to high, but feel free to write in alternatives I left out. In fact, I propose to use the poll as an easily visible trend marker, but I will periodically tally a top 3 write in list. I suggest writing in up to 3 favourites that you would consider acceptable.
I've used a naming convention of neck wood - fingerboard wood

My wordy write up with photos of each is here: Peter's thoughts on playing different necks woods

I voted Indian Rosewood. It would be nice if this guitar wasn't 5K retail and was within most everyone's reach without breaking the bank. Would really suck if it was one that only the millionaires on the board could afford. Say 3-3.5K range.

I voted Indian Rosewood. It would be nice if this guitar wasn't 5K retail and was within most everyone's reach without breaking the bank. Would really suck if it was one that only the millionaires on the board could afford. Say 3-3.5K range.

I'm hoping we end up with something that would be under 3.5K, and I think if we could come up with something around 2.5K many more people would be able to give it serious consideration. I think any rosewood might push it over that, but we can start by seeing what we want.
But I think rosewood is a great choice.

BRW is a non-starter. It cannot be exported to non-US forum members.

If this is a serious discussion, we need to be inclusive of our international members. It also needs to be affordable.

If this is not a serious discussion, then I vote for a Rosewood neck from a tree grown on PRS property in a greenhouse using BRW seeds and with Brazilian air and sunshine and rain imported daily. The tree should be ready in some of our lifetimes.

Oddly, that is no less doable than a BRW neck from current stock being shipped to international members on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back