The Introspection/Hard Truth Thread

Ahhh, good to see yet another multi-dozen collection...

I'll be sharing this with my wife and bandmates to demonstrate that while I may be crazy with my collection, I am in good company, and I have goals to strive for...

@matt310 music room pics are what I use to wife shame the Ginger Goddess...she starts complaining about my GAS...i tell her he only had a couple, but his wife told him he needed more and more and more...nope, hasn't worked yet, not even a little... but I am relentlessly consistant...it's a war of attrition up in here!

@matt310 music room pics are what I use to wife shame the Ginger Goddess...she starts complaining about my GAS...i tell her he only had a couple, but his wife told him he needed more and more and more...nope, hasn't worked yet, not even a little... but I am relentlessly consistant...it's a war of attrition up in here!

Dude, that’s nothing. You’re going about it all wrong. I told my wife that Matt had a newspaper route, and that his wife bought him all those guitars because she loved him so much!

Dude, that’s nothing. You’re going about it all wrong. I told my wife that Matt had a newspaper route, and that his wife bought him all those guitars because she loved him so much!

DTR...you are are my hero...you are the Yoda of wife trickery...teach me...

I have another theory on our boy Matt...have you ever seen his wife in a pic taken in his music room? Ahha! I didn't think so...okay Matt...fess up. Your wife has no idea you have so many beautiful guitars and wonderful gear...does she?o_O

C'mon man...your secret is safe...your "music room" is actually a house you bought for you and all of them to live a secret double life in...huh? That's it isn't it:p

*Disclaimer: The time is 1:12 a.m.

I have another theory on our boy Matt...have you ever seen his wife in a pic taken in his music room? Ahha! I didn't think so...okay Matt...fess up. Your wife has no idea you have so many beautiful guitars and wonderful gear...does she?o_O

C'mon man...your secret is safe...your "music room" is actually a house you bought for you and all of them to live a secret double life in...huh? That's it isn't it:p

I have wondered about that as well. I mean, sometimes I wonder if that door has an electronic vault lock on it, to which Mrs. Matt doesn’t know the combination. Perhaps Matt will send us a picture of both he and his wife in the music room, and not with her passed out on the floor from shock, OR with a gun to his head. Heck, if she was actually smiling approvingly, she’d certainly be a lock for the coveted “Wife Of The Year” award. And that’s a pretty strong statement given what Scott and I’s wives put up with!

I have wondered about that as well. I mean, sometimes I wonder if that door has an electronic vault lock on it, to which Mrs. Matt doesn’t know the combination. Perhaps Matt will send us a picture of both he and his wife in the music room, and not with her passed out on the floor from shock, OR with a gun to his head. Heck, if she was actually smiling approvingly, she’d certainly be a lock for the coveted “Wife Of The Year” award. And that’s a pretty strong statement given what Scott and I’s wives put up with!

Dude!!!:eek:...you just threw Matt all the way under the bus...uh,sorry Matt but pics of a fully conscious Mrs.Matt or your music room is house full of killer guitars...that you keep as if they were mistress' and or "Sister Wives". Sorry,Matt thems the rules.

We bring it on ourselves bro...I don't know about you but I'm a bit of a "handful". Oh, and I've been told by more than one woman. that I drove them to insanity...meh, maybe that's my real "special purpose". Hmmm? Who knew?;)

I’m basically just buying fashion accessories at this point. I have more guitars than tonal needs.

Just thought I’d throw that out there, sometimes it helps when you say it aloud or write it down.

Quiting buying guitars is the easiest thing in the world...........I’ve done it a hundred times.

The wife told me tonight I couldn't buy any more guitars, after buying a 5 string bass. I said but there's still ukes, banjos, lyres, harps and other stringed instruments.:D She wasn't amused.:oops: Honestly I don't Need anything else. The SE CU24 is super versatile, my Ovation is an awesome acoustic, and now I have a 5 String Bass again. What more could I really need:rolleyes:?

The wife told me tonight I couldn't buy any more guitars, after buying a 5 string bass. I said but there's still ukes, banjos, lyres, harps and other stringed instruments.:D She wasn't amused.:oops: Honestly I don't Need anything else. The SE CU24 is super versatile, my Ovation is an awesome acoustic, and now I have a 5 String Bass again. What more could I really need:rolleyes:?
Well, I’m just sayin’, asking that question here is not likely to yield a “yep, you’re good to go” answer. These enablers don’t even have one of everything, they have MULTIPLES of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I’m just sayin’, asking that question here is not likely to yield a “yep, you’re good to go” answer. These enables don’t even have one of everything, they have MULTIPLES of everything.
Yeah, it was kinda one of those tongue and cheek rhetorical questions that I knew someone would answer, sending me off in a GAS frenzy again.

Back