The Introspection/Hard Truth Thread

2b6bTV0.jpg

Y67sKFT.jpg

eZrpml3.jpg
Ahhh, good to see yet another multi-dozen collection...

I'll be sharing this with my wife and bandmates to demonstrate that while I may be crazy with my collection, I am in good company, and I have goals to strive for...

I resemble that remark
I've been jonesing for a bass lately and found a Grainger that has some serious scratches on it, but playable, then the auction when beyond my means. Now I've found a Non PRS spalted maple I like, just don't know if I want to piss off the wife with another guitar purchase right now.

Last edited:
I've been jonesing for a bass lately and found a Grainger that has some serious scratches on it, but playable, then the auction when beyond my means. Now I've found a Non PRS salted maple I like, just don't know if I want to piss off the wife with another guitar purchase right now.

Yeah but it’s a bass, that’s like, entirely separate from budgeting for guitar stuff.

I know that, you know that, my wife thinks it's just another guitar.
As discussed elsewhere, my wife is the newest bass player in the band (the rest of us can chug along in one way or another), and she actively participated in the band practice last night playing bass on a couple songs.

So now the next guitar to procure might be a GG-5, just for her! (I might enjoy playing it too...)

another serious talent.

Check out her Target gig, ok she’s a pop star, but there’s no frills, her and a guy on acoustic and she holds her own.

That song did nothing for her musically, but I’m sure it helped the bank account.

Check out her Target gig, ok she’s a pop star, but there’s no frills, her and a guy on acoustic and she holds her own.

That song did nothing for her musically, but I’m sure it helped the bank account.
I'll admit she's got pipes, and production talent galore. But, certain songs (like that one) annoy the heck out of me. They get way too much air time, when her really good stuff goes unplayed.

Yep couldn’t agree more! It’s the old adage of music being chosen for the masses, because apparently they are too dumb to choose themselves!

The Simon Cowell’s of this world aiming for world domination, when the real talent goes unnoticed, because their teeth are a little crooked, or they don’t conform to what society believes is right!

Since I live Hawaii, gas gets put under control pretty quickly. There are no GC's and even online is expensive due to shipping. What small chain stores are here feature the usual less expensive marks while featuring good amps. Only one store on Oahu is PRS centric. Dan's Guitar's. They don't vulture you when you sit, but indifference to your wallet seems to be high. The other, Island Guitars, is similar. While they carry Gibson as their mark, you seem invisible in the store. That tends to cool off gas pretty quickly in my experience.

i encourage all to check out her other great music, such as ‘my name and number is no’ and ‘if i were you i’d wish i was me too’.

Back