The Introspection/Hard Truth Thread

I’m basically just buying fashion accessories at this point. I have more guitars than tonal needs.

Just thought I’d throw that out there, sometimes it helps when you say it aloud or write it down.
My wife said I don't NEED more guitars, and I can barely play the 2 that I have, but that does not change the overwhelming WANT to have more guitars. What I need is more money, so that I can buy more guitars. The fashion accessories will come over time, to match the guitars.

Yeah, when I was 18 and couldn't afford an electric guitar and wanted one so bad I couldn't sleep some nights, that was a case of need.

These days I have several, so I'm all "oooh! shiny!" Buyitornot? Buyitornot? Buyitornot? Buyitornot? Buyitornot?

I manage to find nuances in each of my PRSi that might make/allow me to write a song that otherwise might not have been, or approach a lead break in a unique way, so I am OK with the variety I have.

And they happen to all look quite nice, in unique and pretty ways. My wife and i were just admiring the PSF thread, specifically Hunter's one-week-pre-Experience posting, where we recognized one of the employees with whom we had a long discussion during the Experience Factory Tour (gentleman applying glue for the maple-cap hog-body mating, sorry, can't remember his name), and looking at the nice guitars (especially that SC in Pomegranate) where she comments: "those are very pretty guitars". And then she realized I had completed assimilated her into everything PRS. Bwa ha ha.

And since the next guitar to procure will likely be a GG-5 for her, she's not exactly fighting it.

As a subscriber to the “entrance-only...no exit” philosophy, my need for additional guitars has been low for quite some time. Although, the Reclaimed Limited Vela presented one of those, “ok, gotta have that” moments, which are rare for me. I’m perfectly happy to live vicariously thru 11Top and Markie. Mr. Pete and Bodia also keep a healthy inventory/provide GAS relief, though Pete has a one-way door at his house, too. There’s nothing wrong with saying, “I’ve got enough”.

I’m basically just buying fashion accessories at this point. I have more guitars than tonal needs.

Just thought I’d throw that out there, sometimes it helps when you say it aloud or write it down.
Sounds like an opportunity to expand your tonal needs.

Do you have the right guitar for acid countrycore? How about rhythm & bluegrass?

Do any of you guys (or girls) buy guitars other than PRS? I have 3, but I’m finding myself wanting other makes— mainly because I can’t afford any other PRS’s that I would want. But, recently got a G&L ASAT and an Ibanez RG3550MZ. I’m now at a point where i personally own too many, as I’m simply not able to get around to playing all of them. On the other hand, I don’t have enough guitars because I can’t get myself to put the ones I have into different tunings. But I can easily tell myself, i don’t have a semi-hollow, but need one to emulate artist X. I don’t have an SG and need one for artists Y and Z. But in reality, every guitar i have is more than good enough for any tone I’m trying to achieve and any song I’m trying to learn.

It’s time to just get a Digitech Drop pedal and chill.

PS sorry for the wall of text.

I have 21 PRS, 21 Strats, 7 Teles, 10 Les Pauls, 1 EDS1275, 1 Gibson V, 2 Gretsch, 1 Wylde Audio V, 1 P-bass, 1 Jazz bass, 1 Ibanez bass, 1 Hummingbird, 1 Taylor, 2 Takamine

and....

1 SuperStrat build and 1 Private Stock being built.

Where do they all live? I think we need some pics

Where do they all live? I think we need some pics

2b6bTV0.jpg

Y67sKFT.jpg

eZrpml3.jpg

Last edited:
Back