The Herf

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I'm sure I'm not the only cigar smoker in the crowd. Post up.

i-WPfXvfP-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Finally a thread I can full on relate to! One of my greatest pleasures is chilling with a cigar by the fire pit. Full bodied does it for me, like to taste them! Have a couple Fuente Opus X’s in my box for special occasion but the go to’s are Camacho Triple Maduro, La Gloria Cubana series R #6 maduro, and really digging the My Father line lately.

That looks like a well stocked walk in there....

Finally a thread I can full on relate to! One of my greatest pleasures is chilling with a cigar by the fire pit. Full bodied does it for me, like to taste them! Have a couple Fuente Opus X’s in my box for special occasion but the go to’s are Camacho Triple Maduro, La Gloria Cubana series R #6 maduro, and really digging the My Father line lately.
And on the other end of the pendulum's swing would be me. Never wanted to try one, don't expect I ever will. That room looks like a real dedication to the interest though. Impressive.

Oh yes! This is a wagon I need to get back on! Smoked them for years, but for some reason just stopped a couple of years ago. I have about 250 sticks in a LG wine cooler that I converted into a humidor. Took the shelves out and had some cedar drawers custom made, and a cedar shelf for overflow in the top rack space. It ran too cold for my liking, so I installed a temperature regulator unit in order to bump the temps up to something a little more cigar friendly. Humidity regulated with Kitty Litter (the non-scented silicon based type). Best stuff ever. I rarely have to touch it.

Have a couple Fuente Opus X’s in my box for special occasion...
I am hoping to get some Lost Citys at some point. Perhaps next week while I'm in the States visiting Markie and 11top.

That looks like a well stocked walk in there....
It had better be, it a La Casa Del Habano! :)

And on the other end of the pendulum's swing would be me. Never wanted to try one, don't expect I ever will.
Its cheaper that way.

That room looks like a real dedication to the interest though. Impressive.
I should have been clear that the photo was from a recent visit to a La Casa Del Habano. That isn't my humo.

Oh yes! This is a wagon I need to get back on! Smoked them for years, but for some reason just stopped a couple of years ago. I have about 250 sticks in a LG wine cooler that I converted into a humidor.
Love my wine-fridge conversion too!

My wife wound up at a tobacco plantation near Viñales in Cuba after helping out some local people whose bus had broken down. We got to try one of their cigars. I've NEVER liked the taste until I tried that one - it was something different! We bought a handful to bring home. Haven't lit any of them up yet, though :)

I'm in the no thanks category also...but I love the aroma they give off when unlit...It's almost worth keeping them around for that factor only.

I don't get the allure of cigars. I'd rather just spend the money on booze as I see a much bigger benefit to that :)

A lot of people don't. For me, it was about the relaxation factor. A good book, a stogie, and a scotch. Or, disconnecting with the world with a couple of buddies. For some, it's kind of like meditation. For others, it's a bonding experience. You could say the same thing about guns, God, guitars, and booze. Each to his own. Whatever gets you the enjoyment you're looking for. I never got to share drinks with my dad, but we did smoke a couple of cigars together before he passed.

Back