The greatest guitar solo of all times

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I'm not a big Foreigner fan but the solo in Hot Blooded always does it for me. I heard the guitar speakers caught fire during the recording.

I'm not a big Foreigner fan but the solo in Hot Blooded always does it for me. I heard the guitar speakers caught fire during the recording.
I liked Foreigner and most of my friends loved them so I heard a lot of them back in the day. That was my favorite solo from any of there songs by far. LOVE that solo!

Veering off-topic, the Classic Albums series - primarily the early ones - is great. I love watching them break down the master tapes and highlight parts that maybe don't get as much notice. I have several on DVD. Highly recommend the eps on "Who's Next" and "Rumours". There's a bit on the "Rumours" one where they play one of the songs talking about Lindsey Buckingham's parts, and you kind of think, "Yeah, that's the song." Then they play an isolated guitar part that doesn't sound like it fits, but when they put it together with the other parts, boom - it's suddenly all there.0+

The later eps seemed to become more of a band history or a sort of documentary of the band at that point of their career. Much less breakdown of the songs and the album. Unfortunately for me, those included Rush, Zappa, and Iron Maiden.

I just ordered all 4 of them from Amazon thanks to you @Dusty Chalk for posting these!

Lindsey Buckingham kills it in particular on Big Love! To this day, that solo still leaves me amazed everytime I hear it! That performance by him is, and has been in my ever revolving, "top 5 of all time personal favorites"...since the very first time I heard it. Amazing stuff thanks again to you and @Dusty Chalk for the heads up on those dvds.

I liked Foreigner and most of my friends loved them so I heard a lot of them back in the day. That was my favorite solo from any of there songs by far. LOVE that solo!

Same here! I did see them live back in the late 90's and they were on point. Good stuff! Pink Floyd(no Waters) Forigner, Cheap Trick,,Van Halen (not Van Hagar) and Prince...thus far in my lifetime, were they best I have seen to date live...I'm going to see Gov't Mule and Black Stone Cherry tomorrow night.. Floyd can't be beat live.... period. Prince Live was incredible, and a close second...we'll see how they all stack up after my first concert in over 10 years...dang I'm getting old! I really gotta get out more...

Same here! I did see them live back in the late 90's and they were on point. Good stuff! Pink Floyd(no Waters) Forigner, Cheap Trick,,Van Halen (not Van Hagar) and Prince...thus far in my lifetime, were they best I have seen to date live...I'm going to see Gov't Mule and Black Stone Cherry tomorrow night.. Floyd can't be beat live.... period. Prince Live was incredible, and a close second...we'll see how they all stack up after my first concert in over 10 years...dang I'm getting old! I really gotta get out more...

If you haven't seen Rush back in the day, then your perspective is skewed. ;) Not that others aren't good or great, but Rush in the 80s was an incredible live show.

Side note: there is an "above average" chance that I was partaking in some type of "performance enhancing" herbal supplements at the time which made it even better. Point still stands though.

Side note: there is an "above average" chance that I was partaking in some type of "performance enhancing" herbal supplements at the time which made it even better. Point still stands though.

Well, I saw the Moving Pictures tour, at 17 years old, and I was definitely "enhanced" at the time. The show still totally kicked azz, and I have the Exit....Stage Left DVD to prove it. Same with Grace Under Pressure tour, Power Windows tour etc...
I hate that Signals tour didn't come to Lubbock TX where I went to college, or I'd have seen that one too.

This whole song quiets down at around 2:30 and then slowly revs back up to a solo more thunderous than anything I'd ever heard at 3:15. Masterful.

Stuff like from The Czar by Mastodon, or The Hunter, or more recently Jaguar God. Brent Hinds has an unorthodox sound but it's very raw and impressive. When he wants to wail on a guitar you get a very moving climatic solo.

Life Without You- SRV
The ride out solo starting around the 3:00 minute mark is just so raw, so powerful, it still can stand the hair up when I listen even after all these years. Some of the remastered albums cuts short this solo and I've never understood why. My CD's from back then leave the level up a couple of seconds longer and if you listen with headphones it's pretty obvious this solo continues, I just wish we could hear the rest of it!

Europa - Carlos

*Forgive the non-PRS content:D, but I think I get a pass for digging up early "white clothes" Devadip period live stuff.

Back