The Forum Guitar

Alder/Maple Artist top (quilt or flame) Santana (24 of course) with a 58/15 and a P90. 4 available colors, phase 3 tuners, IRW fretboard and headstock veneer. Hand written PRS sig instead of the corporate logo. Forum TRC. Numbered. COA. Paisley case.

Understood! That second time typing it was meant to be a joke. Sorry, my humor doesn’t always translate well outside of my head.

To make amends, I’ll propose this...

All hog Santana (ala the KL run, but not in Korina)
Blackwood board
Bird inlays
P90 neck, 57/08 bridge
Trem
The twist - stained maple binding on the body in the original jewel colors from the 1980s.
Satin nitro finish
Soooo...

If you replace the neck P90 with a regular HB size, this should be doable? Yes? (That’s a killer negotiation technique BTW because people want to answer my yes question with a yes. ;))

Satin nitro over natural or antique brown
Curly maple binding has all 5 jewel colors rotating around the body. Since we’re not doing colors on that gorgeous 1 piece all hog body, should be time to do that (crosses fingers).

Per Tonart, PRSh signs the “Forum Guitar Ltd Run” on the back. It’s all so clear in my mind. Even 4 out of 5 voices in my head agree on this one! :)

“Look at this! My new PRS Forum Limited Run Wood Library PRS with a special inlay on the headstock that says, “PRS Forum!”

“What’s the PRS Forum?”

“Oh, it’s an internet discussion group.”

“One of those fanboy things, huh?”

“There’s...I dunno...one or two women.”

“Sure there are. So let’s see, we have one gold knob, one clear knob,, a wooden knob, black tuner buttons on one side, cream tuner buttons on the other side...uh huh, very interesting. Why do these things not match?”

“Well, it was difficult getting everyone to agree on a formula, so this is what the committee came up with.”

“Two volumes, one tone, and three toggle switches. What do the toggle switches do?”

“Nothing.”

“Why’s that?”

“It was a committee design, but no one could agree.”

“What’s this...unusual...color called?”

“Seafoam Zombie Black Organic Free Range Cherry Burst.”

“Committee, huh?”

Last edited:
Is the PRS experience limited semi hollow on the WL menu?
That's something pretty unique and I'd be all over it.

Unique TRC like the PRSGOW Facebook group have done
Hand signed by Paul (and @Hunter and @Shaun because you know it makes sense to include them both).
Maybe give it a maple neck too?

A unique headstock overlay would be really cool and make it a real point of difference.

Alder/Maple Artist top (quilt or flame) Santana (24 of course) with a 58/15 and a P90. 4 available colors, phase 3 tuners, IRW fretboard and headstock veneer. Hand written PRS sig instead of the corporate logo. Forum TRC. Numbered. COA. Paisley case.

THIS!!!

Is the PRS experience limited semi hollow on the WL menu?
That's something pretty unique and I'd be all over it.

Unique TRC like the PRSGOW Facebook group have done
Hand signed by Paul (and @Hunter and @Shaun because you know it makes sense to include them both).
Maybe give it a maple neck too?

A unique headstock overlay would be really cool and make it a real point of difference.

I’m sure it’s “on the menu” as a few dealers have already announced WL runs of this model. Unfortunately, quite a few of us bought one at PRSX recently, or already have one on order (under deposit), and production is already underway.

My suggestion:
Maybe they would do a WL run of the new redesigned Paul’s guitar, with PRSh hand written sig on the headstock (the one “special feature”). They are only making 100 of these (50 for USA, 50 worldwide), perhaps to gauge and/or stimulate interest in the now discontinued (but awesome nonetheless) model. Hopefully they’d agree to do a nitro finish like the Exp Ltd models. They came w ziricote FB and HS overlay, which works for me, but maybe they’d consider other (CITES compliant) WL options (maple neck, SA or Korina body).

Would tick all the boxes for me:
-Something new/limited/unique.
-A special “Forum Feature”.
-A great versatile model, good for any of our diverse musical styles.

Absolutely love the idea...Bill...I'm trying to make suggestions as different as I can, because in my mind, that make sense. Of course, my mind usually can't make sense of much of anything...
And Justin has the monopoly on multiple pickups and tons of switches, how 'bout the other side... simplicity... Single Cut, all mahogany, 1 (YES, one!!!) pickup???? ooooh....hmmm.

I’m sure it’s “on the menu” as a few dealers have already announced WL runs of this model. Unfortunately, quite a few of us bought one at PRSX recently, or already have one on order (under deposit), and production is already underway.

My suggestion:
Maybe they would do a WL run of the new redesigned Paul’s guitar, with PRSh hand written sig on the headstock (the one “special feature”). They are only making 100 of these (50 for USA, 50 worldwide), perhaps to gauge and/or stimulate interest in the now discontinued (but awesome nonetheless) model. Hopefully they’d agree to do a nitro finish like the Exp Ltd models. They came w ziricote FB and HS overlay, which works for me, but maybe they’d consider other (CITES compliant) WL options (maple neck, SA or Korina body).

Would tick all the boxes for me:
-Something new/limited/unique.
-A special “Forum Feature”.
-A great versatile model, good for any of our diverse musical styles.
Heck yes

What the heck...I’ll throw my two cents in.

At first I was thinking that if it’s a celebration of PRS instruments the Santana or Custom 24 foundation is a logical start. Then I got to thinking about a ‘working man’s’ guitar like was mentioned. So what I settled on is a thought about an all mahogany or reclaimed wood Santana. If Paul was willing get him to sign the headstock in place of the eagle or inlay. The other option could be to do something with the pickups like etching forum on a set of 58/15’s. Thoughts?

The other thing I thought about is let Paul, Shawn, and Hunter make all of the decisions and present it to the forum. They’ll be closest to knowing and working within the constraints but can make decisions on a killer guitar that they would be interested in. Thoughts?

The reason why this never happens is you guys can't control yourselves and come up with some wacky outlandish thing that either PRS cannot/will not do or not many people can agree on. This needs to be simple and safe. It should be custom 24 and that's it. It's the flagship and the perfect model for something like this.

Back