The Final Countdown: Take 2

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
YEAH RIGHT! Who did I think I was kidding? Certainly NOT my wife.

While I really have curbed my spending on guitars since "trying" to cut back, there is no way in hell I can honestly expect to go 18 more years without another "New PRS Day". That said, I have done a pretty good job of keeping my promise since posting #3 and #2 in the final countdown.

Since posting those threads I have bought and sold a Private Stock and traded one of my Ken Smith basses for a Modern Eagle Limited; which is proving to be one of the top 10 guitars to ever come through my door. So, technically, I haven't spent any money on a new PRS. That winning streak will certainly end this week!

But... for those of you who were wondering about "the last PRS" in the original trilogy... it is still in the oven.

So who else will be taking the plunge with me at Exp 2012? :D

Last edited:
If all goes as I think it will me and a 408 rosewood neck HOG will be spending some serious time together.:cool:

Hans, do you have something specific in mind or are you just going to see what grabs you?

Hans, do you have something specific in mind or are you just going to see what grabs you?

I'm going for a Sunburst 3-Mike-7, bradda!

If all goes as I think it will me and a 408 rosewood neck HOG will be spending some serious time together.
icon_cool.gif

I'll bet that combo is going to be a monster.

I've already warned my wife if I see an ebony boarded Tremonti, I may not be responsible for my actions. And the 408s are very intriguing. I'd thought about an SE acoustic w/electronics, but feel honor-bound to my local pusher to buy one because I raved about the SE acoustics after last year.

Will also look at amps. Had no intention of doing so, but two members who shall go unnamed - we'll call them MScherman and Fmaj7 - have my amp gas bubbling.

The only thing I can say is truly an almost certain bet is a Stealth 2x12.

I'm just showing up for the chicks...

Well, that and the beer...

And the Bourbon...

Possibly some Single Malt...

All before doing surgery...

Jamie

Well, I ordered a 408 Standard last week. I'm hoping to get a glimpse of my Tonare that's been "in the oven" for a while as well as another opportunity. I'll have to wait and see what else there is to plunge into. My time in Maryland will be short so I have to get it all done Thursday. :eek:

Last edited:
I will be leaving a fair portion of my daughters colleg fund in MD........not sure what I want yet but I have an itch that needs scratching..
Ironically, my kids' college funds are eating into my guitar funds. :(

White 408 w/ Rosewood neck ,trem...maybe mixed hardware.........kinda like the love-child of Mr Clean & Abby.

Back