The Fat Guy Thread

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I'm going on a diet. I need something to help me stay in track - like a public journal.

Curious if anyone would like to join me by posting a pic of the scale each day between now and Exp 2013.

The guy who loses the most weight (by percentage of original weight, not actual pounds) get free beer from the rest of the participants for all 3 days. The guy who loses the least amount of weight (by percentage) gets to buy all of the winner's beer on Thursday night. No limit.

Weigh-in starts tomorrow night (the 12th of June).

Will you please join me?

<edit>
Stats on 20 June, courtesy of Andy (TFC):

WEDGE 261.5 255.0 (6/19) 2.49%
jfb 254.2 249.6 (6/21) 1.81%
Chris528 211.6 211.6 (6/12) 0%
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © 258.6 254.6 (6/21) 1.55%
geese_com 218.8 215.8 (6/20) 1.37%
TFC 190.4 185.4 (6/20) 2.62%
rugerpc 200.5 199.1 (6/20) 0.70%
JMintzer 249 244 (6/19) 2.01%
CoreyT 218 216 (6/14) 0.92%

Last edited:
Too bad this is starting now or I would join you guys. I lucked out and got a head start over the winter after splitting up with my girl and already lost thirty pounds, I even fit into a medium swimsuit yesterday and am back to rockin' med. shirts too.(my tits are still a litte too uh... bangin'? for my tastes, but I'm workin' on them).

I just want to wish everybody luck, and say you can do it!!!!

Dig the idea Hans, kudos for putting it all out there!

I'm not attending Exp this year, and I've already lost all I need to lose, but I'm more than happy to provide info and motivation on nutrition and exercise. It seems my new favorite past time is reading and researching about food, fasting, fitness, leptins, insulin, cortisol, lipids etc etc

Dig the idea Hans, kudos for putting it all out there!

I'm not attending Exp this year, and I've already lost all I need to lose, but I'm more than happy to provide info and motivation on nutrition and exercise. It seems my new favorite past time is reading and researching about food, fasting, fitness, leptins, insulin, cortisol, lipids etc etc

yes please ;-)

We just started a two month program at Boeing where we got a free pedometer to keep track of steps 7 days a week.
If we walk 12K steps a day, or exercise 30 minutes a day for the duration, we get a $100 Amazon gift card.
If we do 6K steps or 15 minutes of exercise a day for the duration, we get a $50 gift card.

We have a website to log onto to track our results, and we have teams that can challenge our members or members from other teams.
It is pretty cool, and they do this each year company wide.
My first year doing it, so I hope to lose some weight doing this.

I walk daily around our two lakes at work for exercise, but I am stepping up the duration with this new program.

Hans, I'm in. I have to pick up a new scale this weekend in order to make the team, though; the old one went missing.

However, I got weighed at the doctor last week, and I was 201. My ideal weight is 175.

I applaud the effort. Each year I gain about 5 Lbs during my allergy season. I have to keep my stomach full or the meds won't stop the runny nose. Weird, but true. I just finished my season for this year so now to lose the pounds. I'm actually going to go for 13 Lbs so I'll be at 200 even. I'll join the exercise challenge, but not the bet. I don't drink alcohol. :)

I won't be at the experience but I do need to lose some weight. Since my 2nd kid came along 9 months ago, for a lineup of reasons I've been working out less and gaining more weight. About 3 years ago I weighed 208, now I'm around 235 - 240. I'm 6'6" so 200 lbs is reasonably skinny, but this belly grew in and damn, it sucks.

I might be in. Interesting concept. The last year has been exceedingly difficult for my health. In the first 9 months of last year I ran 3 half marathons and was generaly in good health. I had an accident at the end of September that left me unable to do much of anything other than sit on the couch. Seriously messed up my ankle. There has been more than a little weight gain since then. Just a few days ago, I got the go ahead from my surgeon and physical therapist to start running again. My trip the the Experience is to make up for a vacation that I didn't take with my family due to not being able to walk. Getting healthy is a great goal and wish everyone good luck.

I'll decide by tomorrow.

Well, if that's the prize I will be anorexic come September.

I don't drink any more so I think a PRS gift card might be a good idea.

I'm sure something could be worked out instead of beer. Maybe some throws of the dice at the donation station...I'm sure the winner we be some kind of spoiled. :cheers:

Just hit the -40lbs mark since we last hung! If I can give you advice before you start, its not to weigh yourself everyday. I wouldn't do it more than once a week at the same time and under the same circumstance. The best way though is to get a tape measure and measure yourself as your weight fluctuates far more frequently than your measurements.

You got this budday'

Back