The Dream PRS Amplifier Thread

.Personal attack removed.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the topic again? Oh, PRS dream amp. Here's mine.
Channel 1- Big bold cleans like my 2 Channel H has.
Channel 2- Plexi tones from HX/DA with switchable extra gain stage to take it to Van Halen level gain.
Channel 3- Archon gain channel.
Each channel with it's own tone controls like my H has now. (No shared controls).
Options 50 watts 6l6 or EL34, switchable like the H is. Nice verb. Foot switchable loop. Foot switchable boost is not desired, my choice of boost or OD pedals ALWAYS works better. And, make this in three versions all with half power switch. 100 watt, 50 watt, and 25 watt but like the Archon 25 is, with bigger glass (5881)

This amp would do EVERYTHING! I love a Dumble voice, but Channel one would take pedals well for those who needed other voices, like a Dumble or whatever. This would be my dream amp. As of now, an Archon is as close to that as I can get, so that's what I'm trying next.

(Now that i posted that, I remember posting in this thread weeks ago, so now I'm going back to see how much my dream amp has changed. I think, not much at all.

It would be great if we could buy designer cab and shell options for our existing amps and cabs at EXP2016. Being able to mix-n-match front panels and finishes/coverings like Barbie clothes would be dreamy.

You can probably do that now. It would just cost you the Ken Mod.

Back