The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

So Karma is a b¥tch, there I was feeling all smug yesterday afternoon, having woken up after a good sleep from night shift, worked again last night and I was struck by ”Sergioitis” today, so what better cure than to get onto this thread?!
Thank god I wasn’t plagued by nightmares of “buttrockers!” “”

So Karma is a b¥tch, there I was feeling all smug yesterday afternoon, having woken up after a good sleep from night shift, worked again last night and I was struck by ”Sergioitis” today, so what better cure than to get onto this thread?!
Thank god I wasn’t plagued by nightmares of “buttrockers!” “”

Just be glad you weren't plagued by the vision of di44Kip Winger and Sergio doing pirouettes to the sound of Slayer while you were being chased by Prague rockers...I mean... buttrockers...my bad DR

Just be glad you weren't plagued by the vision of di44Kip Winger and Sergio doing pirouettes to the sound of Slayer while you were being chased by Prague rockers...I mean... buttrockers...my bad DR
Just as well I finished my tea, that would have been coming out of my nose

I'm sporting a mullet right now, so if I'm a buttrocker, I'm a massive buttrocker.

Side note -- I've had a kitty at my feet (I fall asleep in my chair) so often that even when I get up in the middle of the night, I know to check first before I put my feet down.

I'm sporting a mullet right now, so if I'm a buttrocker, I'm a massive buttrocker.

Side note -- I've had a kitty at my feet (I fall asleep in my chair) so often that even when I get up in the middle of the night, I know to check first before I put my feet down.

At an old job, one of my best friends had a couple cats. One of them was under his recliner when he had to jump up for some reason. Yeah, you guessed it - the cat's tail got caught in the mechanism and it was broken. It was a couple weeks before they knew if the cat would have to have its tail shortened (it didn't). On top of it, the cat was developmentally challenged, so he felt doubly guilty. Naturally, we supported him through the tough times.

I forget how many messages from the cat I left on his answering machine. "You bastard! You broke my tail!" "Daddy, the other cats won't play with me - all they do is tease me about my tail!"

At an old job, one of my best friends had a couple cats. One of them was under his recliner when he had to jump up for some reason. Yeah, you guessed it - the cat's tail got caught in the mechanism and it was broken. It was a couple weeks before they knew if the cat would have to have its tail shortened (it didn't). On top of it, the cat was developmentally challenged, so he felt doubly guilty. Naturally, we supported him through the tough times.

I forget how many messages from the cat I left on his answering machine. "You bastard! You broke my tail!" "Daddy, the other cats won't play with me - all they do is tease me about my tail!"
Lollers (about the messages). I'll have to work that in to a future project, except I'm the one with cats, so not sure how. Maybe I can leave messages from my cats?

Also: are you sure (it was developmentally challenged)? One of my cats ...SMH

Last edited:
Also: are you sure (it was developmentally challenged)? One of my cats ...SMH

I am not. That was his determination - but not his wording (it was about 25 years ago).

Another one of my co-workers then had a puppy and she was very sad about leaving it at home. So guess who left voicemails for her whenever she left the office. "Why did you leave me here alone? Don't you love me?"

I think I saw the video on YouTubeo_O...poor kitty:( hey...it could happen.

I am not. That was his determination - but not his wording (it was about 25 years ago).

Another one of my co-workers then had a puppy and she was very sad about leaving it at home. So guess who left voicemails for her whenever she left the office. "Why did you leave me here alone? Don't you love me?"

Kudos to you for being nice to her...even though she should have been ashamed of herself...WELL she should have...

Back