The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

I slept from 10:15pm last until 1:28am this morning. My stress level is overloading my system.

It's currently 2:09pm - I will have worked a nine hour day and will go on a 17 mile bike ride when I get home.

I don't know how long I can keep doing this.

Work stress is a b!tch, isn't it? I had a change in status at work last week that led me to pretty much a panic attack the next day and the fear of another bout of depression. Add in minor leg surgery on Friday, and I can't even ride the stationary bike to work any of it off.

Mike, that is brutal - I hope you find relief soon! Stress is quite a killer, taking up too much 'headspace' every day!

Good luck on your surgery Alan. Minor surgery is what they do on someone else!

I've re-joined (never left?) the ranks of the unslept recently. Woke up day before Thanksgiving with severe vertigo - ugh! Three weeks later and still dealing with it, but slowly improving. Can't sleep in my normal position quite yet, but now I get 4-5 hours from 1-2 hours from start of it. I'm out on leave until January now, but can't do much (too lightheaded and bad headaches). Got a new elliptical three weeks ago and still not cleared to use it - totally get the frustration of not getting at least some cardio in to work off stress. Amazing how hard it is to merely walk and turn my head without getting off balance.

Haven't been able to play much guitar at all during all of this - tried a few days ago for about 10 min, just ended up with another dizzy spell and blinding headache. More tests plus continued PT in my immediate future! But hey, I still get to look at 'em on the wall which thankfully is no longer spinning! One, done, on to the next one! Funny, I didn't think Mr. Grohl was talking about doc appointments... :confused:

At least this week I can read for about an hour before getting too bad of a headache. So I'm catching up some lost time on ye old forum and living vicariously through others - tapping into joy is a good thing!

Yikes, @WA Paul, hope you can get some solid R&R in. Feel better soon.

I'm sitting here on a mountain of new toys I now can't play with because I keep tweaking an injury. Wiping out hard on some frosty pavement the other night didn't exactly help. :rolleyes:

Thanks Flux! Sorry to hear about your injury. I've been told repeatedly to go slow and not push it, so I know how challenging it can be to really take the time to rest, especially with new toys! (I did take advantage of Cyber Monday, but not a PRS so not posted here :)). Soon I'll get to play it for more than 10min! Soon just keeps getting pushed back a week...keep thinking of those old Kung Fu movies "patience grasshopper!"

Thanks, WA Paul! The surgery went well - I've been very blessed on the few surgeries I've had. I've had as close to zero pain with this as I think is possible - at worst, it's been like a pinch.

Vertigo sucks - not that I've ever had it, but a close friend did. We could see his eyes glaze over when it hit him. Another friend hit balance problems after a motorcycle accident. There were tests he couldn't complete, and at least one where the doc said, "I'd show you where you are on this chart, but you're so bad you don't make the chart." Took a couple years, but he finally recovered. Sending you much mojo!

Thanks, WA Paul! The surgery went well - I've been very blessed on the few surgeries I've had. I've had as close to zero pain with this as I think is possible - at worst, it's been like a pinch.

Vertigo sucks - not that I've ever had it, but a close friend did. We could see his eyes glaze over when it hit him. Another friend hit balance problems after a motorcycle accident. There were tests he couldn't complete, and at least one where the doc said, "I'd show you where you are on this chart, but you're so bad you don't make the chart." Took a couple years, but he finally recovered. Sending you much mojo!
Thanks Alan!
Glad to hear things went well - hopefully a quick recovery for you.

Good to hear your friends eventually recovered. I've heard some folks have ongoing episodes for years - scary stuff!

Jeeez, guys! Apparently we're all falling apart!! Man, it stinks getting old(er)...In my head, I'm 23-24 but after my MC crash in 13 my body is...oh I don't know, like 88-89!!!??? Hey there is a bright side...getting old(er) is better than the alternative....I think...as my pops used to say..."everyday above ground is a great day" then he would follow up with "but don't quote me on that statement because it's never been confirmed to my knowledge" Man, I miss him like crazy!:(

Sorry if this is little long guys..

Just catching up on my reading,

Mike Duncan... I hope things are improving. ..stress is a killer bro remember...breathe dog...breathe! Exercise was a biggie for me especially lifting to de-stress...or Sergios evidence locker may be a better option...our lips are sealed...and remember my signature if nobody sees it....;) hang in there bud!

Veinbuster...what is up with the minivans? I know here (alabama) at least, they seem to be involved in most of the accidents involving motorcycles and cyclist? That's what almost took me out...maybe running over us is the way soccer mom's to take out their aggressions? o_O

Atlantig...hope you're doing well after the surgery. Hang in there buddy! I suffer from some pretty nasty anxiety attacks myself. Between that and my "Painsomnia" I'm awake most nights and days...so I capitalize on on the extra hours of "wide awake" by pouring myself into my guitar...it keeps my mind occupied. I used to draw A LOT, but since the injury it's not what it was, so I pour all if my creative energy into my guitar and man is it helping! It's been thebig for me thus far!

Dang! flux gotta be careful bro...we're not getting any younger hip fractures are a serious threat our advancing ages!:D hope your back to picking again!

WA Paul...Wow man! I feel for ya bro. I had it severely after my MC accident. I had a slight concussion...buy the impact was jarring enough to knock something loose:confused: in my head...the Vertigo was ONE of the worst parts of my recovery and even 4 years later if I sit or stand too quickly, I usually get the whole world is sideways and spinning thing...stinks. Really hope your doing better man!

Keep pushing thru everybody! You know...because ya have to! One of my favorite quotes and I'll shut the hell up...

"A man can only be beaten in two ways, if he quits or if he dies"
I plan on doing neither today!!:)

Scott, as soon as a man succumbs to a woman he’s beaten. It just takes most of us about 50 years to realise!

Scott, as soon as a man succumbs to a woman he’s beaten. It just takes most of us about 50 years to realise!

Well yeah, there's that...you have a very valid point...now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and admit defeat...NOT! :D

Sorry if this is little long guys..

Just catching up on my reading,

Mike Duncan... I hope things are improving. ..stress is a killer bro remember...breathe dog...breathe! Exercise was a biggie for me especially lifting to de-stress...or Sergios evidence locker may be a better option...our lips are sealed...and remember my signature if nobody sees it....;) hang in there bud!

Veinbuster...what is up with the minivans? I know here (alabama) at least, they seem to be involved in most of the accidents involving motorcycles and cyclist? That's what almost took me out...maybe running over us is the way soccer mom's to take out their aggressions? o_O

Atlantig...hope you're doing well after the surgery. Hang in there buddy! I suffer from some pretty nasty anxiety attacks myself. Between that and my "Painsomnia" I'm awake most nights and days...so I capitalize on on the extra hours of "wide awake" by pouring myself into my guitar...it keeps my mind occupied. I used to draw A LOT, but since the injury it's not what it was, so I pour all if my creative energy into my guitar and man is it helping! It's been thebig for me thus far!

Dang! flux gotta be careful bro...we're not getting any younger hip fractures are a serious threat our advancing ages!:D hope your back to picking again!

WA Paul...Wow man! I feel for ya bro. I had it severely after my MC accident. I had a slight concussion...buy the impact was jarring enough to knock something loose:confused: in my head...the Vertigo was ONE of the worst parts of my recovery and even 4 years later if I sit or stand too quickly, I usually get the whole world is sideways and spinning thing...stinks. Really hope your doing better man!

Keep pushing thru everybody! You know...because ya have to! One of my favorite quotes and I'll shut the hell up...

"A man can only be beaten in two ways, if he quits or if he dies"
I plan on doing neither today!!:)
Thanks Scott! Getting better each week, but progress is slow. Picked up the guitar a couple of times recently, but not for very long. Played some Carol of the Bells for my son (7 yo) who declared it his favorite Christmas song ever a few weeks back - worth getting a bit dizzy for his reaction! ☺️ Congrats on your new CR! Was looking at the Kentucky Blue ones earlier this year in the U.K. Run but didn't want to deal with the hassle of CITES on the shipping.

I went to bed three hours ago. I’ve given up and am watching a Monique movie... she’s a really underrated actress.

Back