The Dear God Why Am I Awake? Thread.

Seriously.... How many alarms does somebody need to wake up? One? Two? Three since 4am.

When I first moved to Chicago, 30 years ago, I would drive back to Iowa every Friday night. I hated driving back Sunday night, so I started doing it Monday morning realizing I'd need to leave by 5:00 to make it to the office by 8:00. Only thing that worked was putting the clock radio on 10, on the other side of the room. Forced me to get out of bed to turn it off. Probably not a good idea with a little one, and housewife that would like to sleep in.

Never needed much oof am alarm...I'm one of those bizarre types that was super anal about being late. So since I was a kid I pop up like a friggin jack-the-box...had a college roommate that had 3 alarm clocks, never heard any of them si because it woke me up when I didn't have class...The wake up pranks were legendary...woo! Good times:D

Never needed much oof am alarm...I'm one of those bizarre types that was super anal about being late. So since I was a kid I pop up like a friggin jack-the-box...had a college roommate that had 3 alarm clocks, never heard any of them si because it woke me up when I didn't have class...The wake up pranks were legendary...woo! Good times:D
Multi alarms on the iPhone keep me right, multiple snoozes will probably be the death of me at the hands of “Mrs M” :eek:

Bodia.... I just don't know what to say dude....I've been a night owl my whole life, although old age is making crave bed time sooner & sooner.... But, ya gotta do what you gotta do....

I've gone the other way - I've been getting by on less sleep. I always stay up watching the Stanley Cup playoffs each year, and after a couple 12:30 AM finishes and still feeling good the next day, I started staying up until midnight each night. Up about 6 in the morning (with the occasional oversleep).

And when I'm off for more than a day, I quickly get to a 3:30-4:00 bedtime.

Seriously.... How many alarms does somebody need to wake up? One? Two? Three since 4am.

I have three that go off - one on a radio, two on a clock radio. My wife hates it. But it works for me.

I always stay up watching the Stanley Cup playoffs each year, and after a couple 12:30 AM finishes and still feeling good the next day, I started staying up until midnight each night. Up about 6 in the morning (with the occasional oversleep).

After existing on central time for over a quarter century, it's a trip being back on the west coast. Evening games at 4PM, weekend action at 9AM... it's like a sports version of jet lag that won't go away.

Gotta love winter in Scotland, dark until 8am and the suns gone by 3:30pm in December and some days it’s that cloudy it seems like dusk! Roll on the shortest day and we can look forward to 20 hours of daylight in June! Oh well it’s dark, it must be guitar-o-clock

Tell me about it! To make it even worse, I work from home. Rarely go into the office.

Which begs the question: WHY IN THE HOLY CRAP HECK DO YOU GET UP THAT EARLY?????????????

In the words of a famous bass player, “that’s not good for your constitution.” :p:p

Which begs the question: WHY IN THE HOLY CRAP HECK DO YOU GET UP THAT EARLY?????????????

In the words of a famous bass player, “that’s not good for your constitution.” :p:p

Keeps the Mrs from getting all cranky, and jealous, because she has to get up that early to go to her office. Happy wife, happy life!

It's vacation week. My wife woke up at 4:30 AM to go to the bathroom. I told her if she wanted to go to breakfast, I'd stay up, otherwise it was bedtime. She wisely declined my offer and went back to sleep.

I almost made...nope all up all night again...maybe tonight? I'm officially zombied the f out right now. Did have some good practice time however...the one up side to the painsomnia I suppose.
Tried to practice tonight, brain is muddled, fingers seem to know where to go but head won’t compute certain phrases! Time to relax and remember to keep breathing!

Ying and yang Scott! No sleep, good practice . Sleep well dude.

Good point man! Gonna try...I have a sleep aid tonight that GOD! That, and a little Pink Floyd for the WIN!;)

Tried to practice tonight, brain is muddled, fingers seem to know where to go but head won’t compute certain phrases! Time to relax and remember to keep breathing!

Been there all day...sleep deprivation does make things a bit more...challenging? It also makes everything funnier...to me any way...maybe that's just the afore mentioned sleepaid? Don't care...now I'm trying to stay awake so I can enjoy it...talk about a yin/yang thing:confused:

Back