The daily earworm...

I forgot I included that...busted. I actually did py for three lessons. This guy, I was told, was this amazing guitarist/music teacher. I should have known that the very small pond I have to fish from here in Runforrestrun Alabama, could only yield so much...I reeeaaally, should have remembered that... I was so full of hope, that was at least until he whipped out the Tele and started twanging out the Dukes of Hazard Theme Song:eek:...At that very moment, all hope did what I so badly wanted to do...it ran away arms flailing and crying like a little girl! So, that's how my lesson (singular) started and ended, with permanent mental scars and a Hundo less in my pocket:( Now excuse me, I have to go practice my scales and figure out how tell him how the sherpas found my frozen body at the summit and thawed me out with moonshine and Waylon Jennings back at basecamp. You know if I ever run into him... While in out driving the General Lee.... I'll take the tuner thank you... oh and your Archon...Because lesson shaming is hurtful:oops:...and expensive :D

Oh no, I wasn't shaming your teacher. Just the fact that you were trying to get all fancy on us. If you're in Alabama and he was playing Dukes of Hazzerd, just keep takin' them there lessons!

I'm more old school Pink Floyd and all... "we don't need no, edumacation...."

As they say round these here...That old feller ain't right ...is he:confused:

Don't get me started in the whole Gilmour thing the man is one of my 2 all time guitar heros and of course Lifeson...no edumcation is needed in these here parts! :confused:

At my previous job, one of my friends happened to come by while I was listening to Sheena Easton's "Morning Train". He said, "You b@st@rd - I hate this song. Now it's going to be stuck in my head all day." So I called him a couple times and played the chorus. A day or two later, after he stopped answering when I called, I remembered I could send him a voicemail message without actually calling him. So that kept me amused for a couple days. Then I found out I could schedule a voicemail message.

Repeatedly.

Oh my.

So he got a voicemail with the chorus. Every day. For about two years - until he made friends w/someone in telecomm and they threatened to take my voicemail away. Even then, I debated.

I need to send this to him again. Wonder if it'll have more impact 20 years later...

At my previous job, one of my friends happened to come by while I was listening to Sheena Easton's "Morning Train". He said, "You b@st@rd - I hate this song. Now it's going to be stuck in my head all day." So I called him a couple times and played the chorus. A day or two later, after he stopped answering when I called, I remembered I could send him a voicemail message without actually calling him. So that kept me amused for a couple days. Then I found out I could schedule a voicemail message.

Repeatedly.

Oh my.

So he got a voicemail with the chorus. Every day. For about two years - until he made friends w/someone in telecomm and they threatened to take my voicemail away. Even then, I debated.

I need to send this to him again. Wonder if it'll have more impact 20 years later...

I like your style man! However, I might have been a bit more committed to it...for example, I would have started sending it to Telecomm from his phone while he was away from his desk, tell them that you didn't want to say anything because you were afraid of his threats of retaliation...you know, you just didn't want to provoke the guy because he is terribly unstable...or how he handed you a bag of makeup and said..."here put this on Sheena" and walked away with a creepy wink, I could go on but you get it...next level Fight Club kinda stuff...but that's just me...;) anything in life worth doing is worth over doing...kinda thing. You're welcome:D

I like your style man! However, I might have been a bit more committed to it...for example, I would have started sending it to Telecomm from his phone while he was away from his desk, tell them that you didn't want to say anything because you were afraid of his threats of retaliation...you know, you just didn't want to provoke the guy because he is terribly unstable...or how he handed you a bag of makeup and said..."here put this on Sheena" and walked away with a creepy wink, I could go on but you get it...next level Fight Club kinda stuff...but that's just me...;) anything in life worth doing is worth over doing...kinda thing. You're welcome:D

We were pretty cruel to him. When he was suffering from vertigo, we used to sit in his office and sway and watch his eyes glaze over. He's also very anal about how his stuff is arranged, so we'd casually move stuff on his desk, then he'd casually move it back, so we'd casually move it again. All during a conversation. Until he'd snap and yell, "Get the hell out of my office!"

That really was a fun group of people to work with. No one was safe. We all had a blast torturing each other, and when it was your turn in the spotlight, all you could do was think of how to put the attention on someone else.

We were pretty cruel to him. When he was suffering from vertigo, we used to sit in his office and sway and watch his eyes glaze over. He's also very anal about how his stuff is arranged, so we'd casually move stuff on his desk, then he'd casually move it back, so we'd casually move it again. All during a conversation. Until he'd snap and yell, "Get the hell out of my office!"

That really was a fun group of people to work with. No one was safe. We all had a blast torturing each other, and when it was your turn in the spotlight, all you could do was think of how to put the attention on someone else.

We used to do this stuff to a guy too. When he got let go, he threatened to come back with a hand grenade. Badges and locked revolving doors from that day forward. Gotta pic your targets carefully.

We worked with a guy in the 90s who was so obsessed with his pager (when they were a thing) and making sure everybody knew he had one. We started taking turns blowing it up at all hours with random numbers from the Yellow Pages. It started really freaking him out after a while and I started to feel guilty. Then he got a second pager and the behavior and cycle resumed...

Heard this at work this morning, played the video about a half hour ago...still hearing it...make it stop!!

Last edited:
Just woke up with Nancy Wilson belting out Crazy On You in my head. This is one I don't mind.
(Disclaimer). When I said I woke up with what I meant was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Back