The Big Grab (Part 1 of 4)

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
If you have wondered when post #37, 38, 39, and 40 of my PRS Harem thread would be elevated from their lowly placeholder status to something a little more respectable, the answer is... over the next week.

Recently, I found myself face-to-face with a blue light special; PRS style. I had to promise my wife that I would drive my POS car for a few more years (instead of getting a new one) but she agreed that this was the time to put the finishing touches on my PRS collection.

What followed is something I will always refer to (at least my my house) as the big grab. I started with a very serious list of guitars. I hemmed and I hawed. I tossed and I turned. I circled and I underlined. I rewrote and I crossed-out. I laughed and I cried (mostly after I wired the cash). When the dust settled, four special (at least, to me) PRS guitars made their way from Yorktown, Indiana, across the Atlantic Ocean, to my tiny little village in south-west Germany.

Over the next week (weather & time permitting) I'll unveil each one. First up is a guitar I originally bought from our own Jamie Mintzer. I sold it to keep my wife happy after committing to a Private Stock build. It has been in Markie's care for the last 3 years or so. It's really wonderful to have it back.

I give you Artist 3 #202; a semi-hollow stop-tail with factory specified McCarty electronics and a superb quilted maple top. The folks at the factory picked the perfect color, IMO. All natural, baby.

Artist_3_Front_zpsonmtspre.png

Artist_3_Back_zps8bx9kp5d.png

Artist_3_Headstock_zps7zieedav.png

Artist_3_SN_zps1ovfnihu.png

Artist_3_Certificate_zpsv9kap36c.png

One more, with flash...
Artist_3_Flash_zpskjvwy47j.png

Last edited:
I tip my hat to a serious collector who has exquisite taste.

Hans, my car turned 20 this year. Missing that monthly car payment does free up some funds :)

Back