Sweetwater exclsuive

I'm 67. I started playing when I was 10. I graduated from Berklee in the mid 70's. I've had 4 hand surgeries in the last 5 years. Boy, am I happy to be playing.

Thats awesome! I know what you mean about being happy to play... I barely sqeaked out of a second spinal surgery last Fall but still have nerve issues in arms and legs. I'm hoping that I can keep playing for as long as you have.

:)

hello...looking to buy my first guitar, and finally learn to play...so, yes, I am a newbie-newbie. Anyways, Sweetwater has this beautiful SE Custom 24, in a black-gray color exclusive to Sweetwater. Can anybody tell me if there is anything different in this Sweetwater exclusive vs a regular SE Custom 24? Thanks for any advice/info

As others have noted it's only the finish that's different on the Sweetwater exclusives. I really like some of them, but apparently they are very popular and many are on back order; you have to think about how long you're willing to wait. At the moment the gray/black is available though (checkout the natural rosewood too).

In general the SE CU24 is a great model (I have two :) )

Last edited:
Wow. I wasnt even here yet in the mid 70s.

I need you guys to consider teaching us newbies to play... You guys have TONS of experience. I've been playing for less than 2 years and just recently learned how to restring my guitar. Maybe a PRS users guitar tips and tricks or something? Pretty please?
Practice, practice, practice....don't get discouraged if your hands can't cash the check your brain writes. And listen to your body when it hurts. I'm too stupid to do that sometimes. And get a professional massage therapist.

Back