Sweetwater exclsuive

Angela

hello...looking to buy my first guitar, and finally learn to play...so, yes, I am a newbie-newbie. Anyways, Sweetwater has this beautiful SE Custom 24, in a black-gray color exclusive to Sweetwater. Can anybody tell me if there is anything different in this Sweetwater exclusive vs a regular SE Custom 24? Thanks for any advice/info

This is what they list as being different about their exclusive model: “Though all PRS SE Custom 24 solidbody electric guitars are beautiful, this Sweetwater exclusive model boasts some aesthetic appointments that we believe set them a step above. The gray black finish is sleek and stylish, and it is perfectly offset by this guitar body's white binding. Finally, a beautiful flame maple veneer is applied to the guitar's headstock and finished in the same gray black finish. This matching headstock design adds a definite air of class to the instrument.”

So, basically the color and trim. It looks great!

This is what they list as being different about their exclusive model: “Though all PRS SE Custom 24 solidbody electric guitars are beautiful, this Sweetwater exclusive model boasts some aesthetic appointments that we believe set them a step above. The gray black finish is sleek and stylish, and it is perfectly offset by this guitar body's white binding. Finally, a beautiful flame maple veneer is applied to the guitar's headstock and finished in the same gray black finish. This matching headstock design adds a definite air of class to the instrument.”

So, basically the color and trim. It looks great!

First, thanks for the fast response!! It’s definitely the color I like. I believe that will be a great starter guitar, but one I can grow into and keep for many years. Plus, it’s the only one I can afford, so there’s that. Thanks again!!

I'm very happy with your choice. I taught years ago, and a bad guitar killed the enthusiasm several students had. They were sold the guitars their guitar heroes played, only cheaper models. I'm fifty plus years playing, and I still gig with my SE 24.

50+ years?

Seriously?

it's a good time to buy the SE, the 2017 models and upward have brand-new pickups that are improved,
many many people swap the older Korean made pickups, but this next generation "S" designation are actual pickups that can stay in the guitar. and generate excellent tones.
you should consider the SE signature models as well, see if any of those float your boat, they have tried to match the pickups and guitar to the core line as much as they can. as they all run similar prices you have a lot of choices.

Firstly, a big welcome from all of us.

The CU24 is a lot of guitar for the money, a commonly held opinion all over the guitar world.

As Ironwolf says, great time to buy. There’s a lot of deals out there. Andertons in UK have always got some crazy deals. I’m sure Sweetwater are the same!

Having great instruments (see what I did there?!;)) always is a great way to learn, because you keep wanting to play them!

Happy hunting/learning. This is a great place for information and a little banter!

here's an example of their effort on these $xxx guitars simply phenomenal, you might never need another guitar, the most authentic Santana guitar SE version to date. if you can afford the extra $xxx do it. I see the standards with no maple top are running around five or $xxx,
I am GASSing for this. I see the Santana models are sold outt for a few weeks.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/SE-...118045162-sku^1500000029879@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! I’m even more excited to hear the praise this guitar gets. I believe in getting the most for what I can afford, so I didn’t go with the SE Standard. Also, I really don’t know much about pickups and the different components. I just read a lot, read this guitar was great short/long term and I could do $800.
At the moment, I have a subscription to Jamplay for my lessons. I’m hoping it works out. Thanks again all!!

hello...looking to buy my first guitar, and finally learn to play...so, yes, I am a newbie-newbie. Anyways, Sweetwater has this beautiful SE Custom 24, in a black-gray color exclusive to Sweetwater. Can anybody tell me if there is anything different in this Sweetwater exclusive vs a regular SE Custom 24? Thanks for any advice/info
Good luck and it’s a great guitar! Save some money for some lessons, especially if it’s your first time with a guitar. You’ll learn a little theory and some method and it will keep you inspired by giving you goals to attain as you practice for your next lesson. Try to play a little every day to build calluses on your fingers and build finger strength. Before you know it you’ll be rocking!!

Good luck and it’s a great guitar! Save some money for some lessons, especially if it’s your first time with a guitar. You’ll learn a little theory and some method and it will keep you inspired by giving you goals to attain as you practice for your next lesson. Try to play a little every day to build calluses on your fingers and build finger strength. Before you know it you’ll be rocking!!

Thanks for the advice. I was given a year membership to Jamplay, so I will definitely take advatange of it.

I'm very happy with your choice. I taught years ago, and a bad guitar killed the enthusiasm several students had. They were sold the guitars their guitar heroes played, only cheaper models. I'm fifty plus years playing, and I still gig with my SE 24.
Ain't that the truth! For years, I thought I was just bad at guitar. I was playing on a jumbo-bodied acoustic with the wide neck and crazy high action that I got as a gift at 13 years old. It was devastating. It wasn't until I was in my 20s that I realized the problem was the guitar, not me. I feel like I'm still making up for lost time.

Now I feel old. I toured the north playing in the mid 70s.

Wow. I wasnt even here yet in the mid 70s.

I need you guys to consider teaching us newbies to play... You guys have TONS of experience. I've been playing for less than 2 years and just recently learned how to restring my guitar. Maybe a PRS users guitar tips and tricks or something? Pretty please?

Back