Swamp Ash Special SE

Leebr97

I recently received a swamp ash special se. I was told that they have a three piece body. But, when looking at the end of the guitar, I see one seam where the strap holder is. It is clearly the only seam. Were some of them made with two pieces? I can post pictures if you want

Welcome @Leebr97!

You may indeed have a 2 piece, especially if it's light colored and you can easily see the body including the end grain and see only the one seam you described.

My opinion is that there are some SE's that just get more love. My SE 245 Soapbar has a nice 1 piece neck and while it has a 3 piece body, the pieces are from the same piece of wood and are book-matched. And irrespective of how many body pieces there are in yours, if it plays and sounds great it's a keeper!

Enjoy and post pics!

Welcome @Leebr97!

You may indeed have a 2 piece, especially if it's light colored and you can easily see the body including the end grain and see only the one seam you described.

My opinion is that there are some SE's that just get more love. My SE 245 Soapbar has a nice 1 piece neck and while it has a 3 piece body, the pieces are from the same piece of wood and are book-matched. And irrespective of how many body pieces there are in yours, if it plays and sounds great it's a keeper!

Enjoy and post pics!

Really? One piece neck?!

Really? One piece neck?!
Well, it has the little winglets at the headstock and a 1/4" thick piece at the heel so the heel bottom matches the back (see NGD) but otherwise it's one piece. The grain isn't perfectly parallel to the neck so you can see grain crossing anywhere a seam could be. Plus the rosewood fretboard is nicer than on my Stripped '58.

Mine is 2 piece, I can see the edge clearly one seam right down the middle :)

53649747615_d852ccb1e1_o.jpg

Back