Studio Maniac Weirdo Amp Rig Thinking Out Loud...

That's not good to hear. Although, as you've said, better than the alternative had you not had the surgery. Keep your chin up. I'm not really a prayer kinda guy, but thoughts and good vibes headed your way.

Thanks! Not a prayer guy here, either, but the solidarity is appreciated. ;)

The nerve isn't dead. It's at 1/3 strength.

Then again, I'm not dead, and I'm about at 1/3 of a tank myself. So...it kinda works. LOL

Mojo sent, Les. What the doc said is not necessarily what you (or we) wanted to hear, but here's hoping it's fixable.

And if they do determine there's nothing they can do about those couple fingers, well...

prs-mccarty-lefty-handed-2010.jpg

All I know is youdaman Les. Whatever it works out to be, you'll still be on the top of your game...

Nobody has used EMG's since the 80's. I'd find a new doctor, or the next thing you know he'll prescribe you a chorus pedal.

HEHEHHEHEHEHEH! Thanks for my first laugh of the day, Serg!

Wait a second, I love chorus pedals.

Isn't it ironic that I get my coolest sounding guitar ever - that 20th PS Anniversary model rocks my world - and by the time it arrives, my hand is screwed?

Just when you think you have the world by the balls, you find you've got it backwards. ;)

Last edited:
Isn't it ironic that I get my coolest sounding guitar ever - that 20th PS Anniversary model rocks my world - and by the time it arrives, my hand is screwed?

Just when you think you have the world by the balls, you find you've got it backwards. ;)

It's great motivation to figure out what's wrong and overcome it. The longer I live the more I subscribe to the belief that life is just a series of tests designed to see what you're made of. Who knows? If you just bought a new Schecter you might have just given up on guitar.

Where there's a will there's a way, one door close another opens, what's been hidden from the wise and the prudent... Aww, I was tryin' to get all biblical on you and then realized I'm just quoting Wailers lyrics.

F@ck it! May the power of Lesteban compel you!

The longer I live the more I subscribe to the belief that life is just a series of tests designed to see what you're made of.

I'm made of rapidly deteriorating stinky stuff on the inside, and rapidly deteriorating, but less stinky, stuff on the outside.

There are electrical circuits in my brain's synapses that give me personality, certain skills, and memory, but these are also in the process of deterioration.

So I'm just gonna take your advice and have Lesteban compel me. ;)

Speaking of dodging lightning bolts, I had an EMG today for the nerve damage to my fretting hand. Kinda felt like little doses of "Oh, so you think there are no supernatural beings, eh? Well take THIS!"

ZZZZZZZAPPPPPTTTT!

Hahaha!

See you in church! o_O (And remember, I don't go to the kicking and screaming church!:D)

Back