Strap Locks??

There's always...

pACE-996973dt.jpg

I have solved that problem by having a separate strap for each guitar. Each is adjusted to me, and they simply stay on the instrument all the time. Result: zero wear and zero slippage. It costs a few more bucks, but it's worth the security.
So you case your guitars with the strap attached to the guitar? I feel like every strap has plastic or metal on it that I wouldn't want pressing against the guitar in the case.

So you case your guitars with the strap attached to the guitar? I feel like every strap has plastic or metal on it that I wouldn't want pressing against the guitar in the case.
I use only leather straps. Except the one on my Conklin GT7 bass, which is sheepskin bonded to leather. Not a bit of plastic or metal to be found.

I used to make my own leather straps. They do eventually age out, but I've never had a strap slip. I did, however, once have straplocks - and the thing popped apart right in the middle of a show. So under the KISS principle, I've never used them since.

None on a PRS. I remove button, put through and screw back on (beeswax always on wood screws). On others, Dunlops. The critical failure part is stamped stainless and will bend, but very rarely fail. 55 years, never heard of one. Scallers are pot metal and will fatigue fracture at critical places. I have bored with this before.

Dont forget your strap.
My Schallers work with any strap.

I guess I'm doing it wrong,, but it works... (excuse my project guitar, the SCHBII has the Schallers on the right way, because I only use one strap on that.)

None on a PRS. I remove button, put through and screw back on (beeswax always on wood screws). On others, Dunlops. The critical failure part is stamped stainless and will bend, but very rarely fail. 55 years, never heard of one. Scallers are pot metal and will fatigue fracture at critical places. I have bored with this before.

Schallers are pot metal and Dunlops are not? good to know.

I buy schallers in bulk from Philadelphia Luthier supply... I bought the sets initially until every strap had them and now all I need to buy are the buttons which they sell separately. Then not being carded retail stock makes them dirt cheap and they are definitely the real deal.

Dunlops on all guitars I own. Have a set that are 30 years old and still on the same guitar for that 30 years.

I use only leather straps. Except the one on my Conklin GT7 bass, which is sheepskin bonded to leather. Not a bit of plastic or metal to be found.

I used to make my own leather straps. They do eventually age out, but I've never had a strap slip. I did, however, once have straplocks - and the thing popped apart right in the middle of a show. So under the KISS principle, I've never used them since.

I'm a leather strap guy, too, but I take them off after playing, because left on a long time, the chemicals and oils used to treat leather will damage nitro finishes, and most of mine are nitro.

I don't think anybody has mentioned them yet, but I use Schallers.
Yeah, Schallers aren't very popular around here, but it's what I use. A failure means the guitar doesn't slam to the floor. Gibson's tiny buttons made me a believer.

Love the Dunlops. I have had Schallers, but also had one fail in a weird way.

BTW, I prefer to use the fancy French pronunciation, chalet. I pretend Sergio would approve.

I use Dunlops on my SE Zach Myers. I still have the stock buttons on my S2 24 and haven't had any issues so far. Probably should buy a set for that as well though.

Back