Strange sound

allan

One man one life make the best of what you have
Hi well l have a slight problem and its not there all the time l seam to get a sound like a ringing or out of phase coming from the guitar, l have tried a different amp and even gone to a different house just in case it is mains born interference. anyone got any ideas oh l am taking to back to the shop again l took it two weeks ago they thought it might be fret Buz but its still there but not all the time

Tremolo springs, maybe?

Often fixed with foam or surgical tubing run inside the spring.

+ 1 on the trem springs if its not that try putting a bit more relief in the neck

I was playing my PRS without an amp, in the cold silence of my office/studio, when I heard the sound of those springs rattling. Played a few other guitars with trems, and heard their springs rattling. I had heard of people doing various things to stop this, including cutting measured pieces of dead guitar cables and sliding them inside the springs.

Then I remembered that I had a NERF gun, left over from my corporate work-a-day world, and some NERF bullets.

I got a NERF bullet and cut the tip off. I used scissors to cut it in half [down the length], then into quarters, and then into eights.

Turns out that this is the perfect size for the springs. Spent the day doing this with ALL of my guitars that have trem springs in the body.

p_134800_4_1470662705.jpg

thanks all,, l am takin g it back again to the shop this morning l will let you know how it goes

once more thanks
allan

^ I do.

Post audio samples please. Impossible to diagnose based on that limited information.

Back