Steven Wilson mini guitar collection

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
Is anyone familiar with Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Riverside, solo) and his PRS guitars? Someone posted this:
16114700_10154927633334725_9011784419562460423_n.jpg

and I think the indigo smokeburst towards the back right is a PRS, as well as the red one with the zebra pickups slightly to left of middle.

I'm pretty sure he has (or had) more than that -- anyone know?

The green single cut to the left of the red looks like a PRS, as does the silver burst to its right. Actually the six in front all look like PRSi.

And when I saw him a while ago, he played a gold top CU22 most of the night.

Cool picture...

I've seen him play the red single-cut with zebra pickups, his green Custom 22 (his main guitar for a long time), a gold-top single cut, a tobacco-burst SC-250, a Modern Eagle, and a Hollow-Body II.

The acoustics are Babicz acoustics, which I'd love to try one day. I believe that silver one with the blue circle in the middle is an Alumi-Sonic, which is pretty cool too. The body is aluminum and the center is some sort of digital display that changes colors. That red strat in the back is one he used to play in the late 90's - early 00's. I've seen some old videos of them live in which he used that strat.

From everything I have seen, he mostly just plays PRS these days with the exception of the Alumi-Sonics, Babicz, and an Ovation.

What is this, a guitar collection for ants? They're gonna have to be... at least three times bigger than this!

Yeah, they're models. The guy who posted this picture pointed me towards the guy who makes them, and he makes EVEN SMALLER ONES that can be worn as jewelry.

And yeah, he's really good -- I immediately recognized the Babicz and the Alumi-Sonic from having seen him and Porcupine Tree multiple times. I'm just not familiar enough with all of his guitars to know which is which. I heard he has a baritone, but this is the only picture that I can find of it:
tree04.jpg

Oh, look, that's it, lower left.

Back