Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars or Star Trek?

• Star Wars

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
Wars is really good if you string them in chronological order. Trek depends on TV or Movie, and Shatner or Pine. In that regard, Movies with Pine.

Wars is really good if you string them in chronological order. Trek depends on TV or Movie, and Shatner or Pine. In that regard, Movies with Pine.
What no Patrick Stewart?!

In that case it should Pat or Sir Alec!

I grew up on both! My mom was a huge trek fan, not so much SW.

I would personally say that there's more awesome trek out there than SW... For me, SW is the first 3 movies, that's it. I kinda like Force Awakens, but the last one was just god awful for me. I consider myself a big SW fan, but I just like the first 3 movies really.

On the other hand, I can watch any trek stuff. Shatner for me wins it tho :) The newer movies with JJ Abrams are just amazing, I can watch them over and over again, they just look great and the story is so compelling. I'm yet to try Discovery, which I've heard is also great. Some day I want to delve into Deep Space 9 and Enterprise.

I can't say I like trek more than SW, I just think that whenever I see something trek, I think it's bound to be great. SW new releases simply don't interest me.

There were periods in my life I would have a definitive, and different answer to this question, now I’m not certain of either of them.

Star Wars was my whole life as a kid, and Star Trek became a fascination as a young adult. Then Star Wars started sucking and Star Trek was a place of semi-intelligent Sci-fI...Star Wars is getting way better, and Star Trek is just horrible now.

I know JJ Abrams really wanted to make Star Wars when he got Star Trek, and wasn’t really a fan but... for someone who claims to be a Trekkie, Simon Pegg’s screenplays pay absolutely zero respect to the Star Trek universe. Sure, they’re okay outer space shoot ‘em up films but, that was never what Star Trek was about.

I simply cannot vote on one... not yet. Once this embarrassing reboot Star Trek is over, and the Quentin Tarantino re-reboot arrives, maybe then I’ll be able to decide.

Some day I want to delve into Deep Space 9 and Enterprise.

I reached my saturation point and never watched DS9 but, it was Enterprise that brought me back. I felt it was a mostly excellent show that ended too soon. And I was super biased against Scott Bakula going into it.

My wife and watched Star Trek Discovery, the 1st season recently, it was really amazing. Some of the better Sci Fi out there, and a really great show for being on CBS.

The new Lost in Space on Netflix is also really good so far. We're only a few episodes in.

Fun fact, Gene Roddenberry pitched the original Star Trek to CBS back in the 60s, and they picked his brain for ideas that they stole for their already in production Lost In Space.

If I had to choose between the two it'd be Star Wars over Trek ........

.... but I prefer my sci fi a little darker.
JHvNwew.jpg

SW for movies, but Star Trek was the best TV! Ok, maybe not the best, but I liked most of them.

If you consider only IV-VI, I say SW, but given what's gone on since, I say ST. Disclaimer, I'm by no means a Trekkie, the new films do a fun job taking the old and refreshing it, and I'm blissfully unaware of whatever kind of sacrilege it is.

SW, on the other hand, has just been a running disappointment. I-III were so lame, gimmicky, and just did not have the feel or look of anything reminiscent of the originals. Way too much CGI, and felt like it should've been taking place many years after IV-VI, not before. TFA was much better in terms of cinematography, but talk about a lame @$$ story. I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I preferred TLJ. It wasn't as good as a Star Wars film should be, but considering all the dumb setups from TFA, it was about as good as it could've been. The massive setup for who are Rey's parents, and just for TLJ to be a remake of Empire in general, I was happy that at least there was an original story there, even if it wasn't that great, it was about as good as it could've been considering the hot trash that was TFA. But now JJ is coming back to put a rusty, tetanus laden nail in the coffin of this trilogy.

If you consider only IV-VI, I say SW, but given what's gone on since, I say ST. Disclaimer, I'm by no means a Trekkie, the new films do a fun job taking the old and refreshing it, and I'm blissfully unaware of whatever kind of sacrilege it is.

SW, on the other hand, has just been a running disappointment. I-III were so lame, gimmicky, and just did not have the feel or look of anything reminiscent of the originals. Way too much CGI, and felt like it should've been taking place many years after IV-VI, not before. TFA was much better in terms of cinematography, but talk about a lame @$$ story. I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I preferred TLJ. It wasn't as good as a Star Wars film should be, but considering all the dumb setups from TFA, it was about as good as it could've been. The massive setup for who are Rey's parents, and just for TLJ to be a remake of Empire in general, I was happy that at least there was an original story there, even if it wasn't that great, it was about as good as it could've been considering the hot trash that was TFA. But now JJ is coming back to put a rusty, tetanus laden nail in the coffin of this trilogy.
Now I need a stiff drink.
Why don’t you join me.

That’s promising, considering I’ve got a ton of seasons to watch.
It starts out slow, but eventually becomes a very interesting political show with established characters - instead of "planet/alien of the week".

It's not Bab5, but it's good.

Back