Stairway to Heaven in copyright trial

So, did the Zeps rip off Spirit, for "Stairway"? Rik Emmitt of Triumph has some great insights here (and is pretty entertaining on the topic):

https://youtu.be/JT64JH-Vh98

=K

That was an awesome video. Besides making very good points, it makes me want to dig out some Triumph!

"Rock 'n' roll machine plays faster
Easy as ringin' a bell
A fireball steamer, heavy metal screamer
Playin' licks hotter than hell"

Man, I used to love those guys. They put on one helluva show!

One of my first concerts (Triumph) -- blown away. Rik Emmett is a monster. Yeah, I'll be over here listening to some Triumph as well...

From what I heard, there wasn't a whole lotta love in that courtroom....it was like the battle of evermore between those lawyers.

Page, Plant and Jones had to fly all the way to California with an aching in their hearts over this...

I'm sure it was a heartbreaker for the plaintiff. I heard their lawyer brought a black dog to the proceedings. The defense had a hard time getting that dog out of the courtroom until some finally threw four sticks for it to fetch. The place was left a mess. Luckily there was a living loving maid in the building to clean it up. When she was done cleaning up the moby dick sized mess, the boys in the band said, "thank you."

I'm sure it was a heartbreaker for the plaintiff. I heard their lawyer brought a black dog to the proceedings. The defense had a hard time getting that dog out of the courtroom until some finally threw four sticks for it to fetch. The place was left a mess. Luckily there was a living loving maid in the building to clean it up. When she was done cleaning up the moby dick sized mess, the boys in the band said, "thank you."
For that PUNishment, you get no quarter.

Back