Spot repair results

Sage

While you were partying I studied the guitar.
Not the most exciting project for the PTC to take on, I know, but it was pretty gut-wrenching for me. My 2008 Custom 24, Grace, is my #1. Best guitar I have ever owned, hands down. She's got a few nicks here and there, and I don't mind them, but when I put a big ugly chip in the finish right on the top, I was devastated:

9102752405_99b3f5257c_z.jpg

I could have had her refinished completely, but I was wary of doing this because I absolutely love the tone of this guitar, and I didn't want to take the risk of altering the tone to have her completely sanded and refinished. So I opted to send her to the PTC for a spot repair, and here are the results:

9104988852_26019d4b3c_z.jpg

The repair is exactly as Shawn said it would be: you can see it if you examine the guitar closely, but it doesn't draw the eye. From a distance it's imperceptible. Even close up, you could miss it if you weren't looking for it. It was difficult to photograph because you really need the light shining on it in order to see it.

Thanks to everybody who helped me navigate the process of sending her to the PTC. I would never have known about the shipping kit if someone hadn't clued me in -- I didn't realize you could scroll down the PTC website, where it is shown. And thanks to Shawn for putting up with all my worried questions. I realize it's just a spot repair, but this is my baby.

I mentioned in another thread, PRSh has said several times in interviews that he wants his guitars to be the kind of heirloom valuable that people scream for the firemen to save from their burning home before the family photos. That's exactly what this guitar is to me, and I'm so glad to have her back and looking pretty again.

I have two similar dings in mine. Maybe I should consider doing the same thing? The results look excellent. Congrats!

That's a heck of a nice repair! I can't see it at all in the pic.

I have my #1 at the PTC for a setup-tuneup kind of thing. I love those guys.

Back